Anni1701

Composition Media black screen

Got into the car last night and as I was about to drive out I looked across at the radio display and nothing, no VW logo or R logo just a black screen.

I turned it off and back on again and got sound but still no display!

Eventually I turned the car off, got out locked it unlocked it got back in turned on the ignition and all was back to normal!

Anyone else have this issue?

I only received my car yesterday, but I did have a simlar issue where my screen was completely blank like it wasn't loading properly, just after starting the car. However turning it off/on again (you can tell I work in IT support :wink:) fixed it for me.

I had mine booked in to get this looked at on saturday 15th august. I was told by the regional manager that it was the 3rd car in 2 weeks with the exact same problem to ring that dealership alone. Hopefully VW will start to listen to dealerships technical reports and get a fix for this! Prior to my car going to the garage it happened 3 times in 2 weeks. 

I have had the same thing twice in my car, soon after it was delivered nearly two months ago, but not since.  On each occasion, the screen was black, and none of the media controls worked.  Also, the mode setting changed, all by itself.  Switching off and on made no difference, but leaving it off for several minutes allowed it to reset to normal.

I have the latest system, but no sat-nav.

I also had the same issue a second time, but turning the car off/on didn't fix it, I left the car overnight and it was sorted. If it happens again I will have to have it looked at. Please let me know if you have any updates/fixes for the problem.

I've also had this problem, car went in last week to VW they couldn't find a fault with it, unpluged the head unit, plugged back in reinstalled all programs, it hasn't done it since but only driven the car twice since 

I have the same with Discover Media MIB2. 2 times in 1 month. Holding down on/off button resets the unit and brings back vision.

This you have to hold the power button for around 10-15 seconds them it does a hard reset and all will be back to normal

Mines booked in next week to get this looked at. For some strange reason when mine first did it my interior lights would not come on when I opened a door or turned the engine off. It seems its made this permanent and I will have it looked at.

Mine has started doing the same, I'm getting it looked at next week. It seems to be doing it more often as time goes on.  In my case there is no screen but my Ipod still plays and I can change tracks/Vol via unit and steering wheel.

I have similar problem on my 16 GTI PP SE, mine just reboots every 10 seconds about 5 times then turns off, holding power for many seconds will get it to turn on again but only 10 secs. Car is a week old dealer says no appt for 2 weeks!?### [shake head with disgust]

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=7240022

App-Connect broke, then Infotainment totally died

On my R i`ll have MIB2. The dealer couldn`t tell me if the Composition Media will support the playing of FLAC files or not? Can you help me? (those of you who already have MIB2) Thanks!!!