Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Taz23-R

Official MK7 Golf R Order thread - Part 2

Just seen on a VW R Facebook page that someone has had a phone call telling him that his car will be a facelift Golf R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said on the FB post, I think this is very unlikely. The facelift hasn't even been release or date set yet so I think he is probably getting mixed up with MY17, which all cars from Aug/Sept 2016 are in any case; he ordered start of August so build week will be 46 or something like that.

Mine has been 'build in progress' for over a week now. So, i talked to someone on live chat who informed me that my car is at position 1 of 8 in the build process - whatever that may be! 

Mine has been 'build in progress' for over a week now. So, i talked to someone on live chat who informed me that my car is at position 1 of 8 in the build process - whatever that may be! 

"Steel still at the foundry awaiting time on the presses" ?  :wink:

Mines the same 8 days in build in progress, the chap I spoke to on live chat says it should be fully built by this Friday. I build cars for a living and it takes a max of 36 hrs to build a car from start to finish.

Mines the same 8 days in build in progress, the chap I spoke to on live chat says it should be fully built by this Friday. I build cars for a living and it takes a max of 36 hrs to build a car from start to finish.

Clearly don't work in the G7R factory then :)

Hi from me! :) and from Bulgaria.

I have ordered my very first Golf MK7 R, 5d, DSG white on the 19th of september. My BW is 3/2017. Due to delivery february. I am depressed :(

Honestly, I am not sure I could wait, I was hoping to get it by Christmas...  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Welcome to the forum, don't feel too bad about delivery times, at least they are realistic under the circumstances. I ordered 24th August and don't a have a confirmed build week, unofficially I expect mine last week in December earliest and I am not the worst case either, some even longer since they ordered. Plenty going on in the forum to keep you occupied trust me.

Welcome to the forum, don't feel too bad about delivery times, at least they are realistic under the circumstances. I ordered 24th August and don't a have a confirmed build week, unofficially I expect mine last week in December earliest and I am not the worst case either, some even longer since they ordered. Plenty going on in the forum to keep you occupied trust me.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am not too concerned about the delivery time actually I was just hoping to get it for Christmas (I am a grown-up child after all, do believe in Santa)  :tongue:

Edited by prafailov

OK, so I have been chasing my dealer over the Build Week 45 changes, anything additional to the colours available, we already got that info. I mail him a reminder he said VW would release the full details end of Sept pointing out is October and I still have no confirmed build date and I want the details on the changes. Normally he responds same day or next day........this time .......silence.

Anyone else had any luck on defined information? Can't see it being the facelift but clearly something is going on or he has jogged off on holiday.

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am not too concerned about the delivery time actually I was just hoping to get it for Christmas (I am a grown-up child after all, do believe in Santa)  :tongue:

Agreed, best way to look at it even if we are paying for our own present, reckon I deserve it, two young daughters and a wife whose as mad as a bag of frogs, should be a Chiron!