Guy Incognito

The Quick Question Topic - Part 2

What's the capacity of the windscreen washer reservoir?  I can only find "between 3 and 5 litres" in the manual.  Need to know exactly so I can get the dilution correct come winter.

Not much capacity at all. I have to refill mine all the time.

What's the capacity of the windscreen washer reservoir?  I can only find "between 3 and 5 litres" in the manual.  Need to know exactly so I can get the dilution correct come winter.

I cant remember where, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's 3.7L.  Could be wrong though.  It depletes quite rapidly thanks to the stupid headlight washers.

I cant remember where, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that it's 3.7L.  Could be wrong though.  It depletes quite rapidly thanks to the stupid headlight washers.

I hate them.  Just washed my car yesterday and I know those things are going to spray all over it.  Totally unnecessary.

On the subject of oil, does anyone have a parts list of what is needed to do an oil change? 

I want to do one on mine as it's just creeping up over 6k and want it nice and fresh. :)

I bought my my parts from VW. 5.67l of oil is needed (so buy 5l + 1l), oil filter cartridge, and sump plug / washer (it's plastic!!). Dealer should be able to offer a discount too. 

Really easy DIY job, I'd recommend anyone with a set of axle stands, a funnel & a screwdriver to a DIY change  :afro:

I hate them.  Just washed my car yesterday and I know those things are going to spray all over it.  Totally unnecessary.

I hate them too and go to some lengths to stop them activating. Make a mess all over the bonnet and wings.

How do know if a car has Dcc ?

If you go into driver profile modes, in addition to Eco, Normal, Race and Individual, it will have Comfort profile. Also has DCC in the description on the mode screen. See below:

95055fda7a73ac08f07c481d4589446e.jpg

4c8eac4334bfbfe1cd9c71fd155c804a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is Dcc a mode to soften the car ?

Or can it make the car softer or stiffer than a car without Dcc?

You can choose between comfort, normal and sport. MY17 estate has it as standard but not sure if Rs manufacturerd previous to this do. 

Quick question....

I have just purchased the vwr high-flow 90 turbo inlet, vwr hose and a panel filter from regal Motorsport. I plan on running the standard air box. (Still awaiting delivery of the car). Do I HAVE to dremel out the closed panel on the standard air intake, or will it be fine as it is? I don't really want to cut it out, but I also don't want to of spent over £250 for it not to work properly. Is anybody else running this set up? Many thanks.