VW R Owners Club uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Welcome to the all new Volkswagen R Owners Club (incorporating RForum.co.uk)!

VWROC Guest Ads

Please login to hide these ads

Please login to hide these ads

First post, finally!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Marty77

Marty77

R Learner

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Name Martin

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Hi folks,

Joined up in Nov but not go round to saying hello until now.

Bought my 2014 reflex silver R in November, replacing my stolen M135i.  Had the BMW for over 3 years and missed a manual box, however the fart of the DSG won me over and the hunt was on for a blue DSG 5 door within budget..........fast forward a few weeks and I took delivery of a Reflex silver manual equipped car, go figure.

Having had the car little over a month I am enjoying being back in a manual however the clutch delay valve will definitely be getting sorted soon as I am struggling in lower gears for a smooth shift or fast shifts at the top end, and the threat of a slipping clutch on low mileage cars made my ar*e twitch.

Bit of searching on the site had me worrying I had done the wrong thing and should try and source a DSG especially as I plan on some light modifying.

Other than that I am loving the car, the extra grip over the BMW in anything other than dry conditions is excellent and even though its a little contrived the noise in race mode did make me laugh on the test drive.

Anyway, hello!

Martin

• camelsac2002 likes this

#2 belfast col

belfast col

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, England, UK.
  • Name Mr Belfast Col

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:42 PM

Hi folks,

Joined up in Nov but not go round to saying hello until now.

Bought my 2014 reflex silver R in November, replacing my stolen M135i.  Had the BMW for over 3 years and missed a manual box, however the fart of the DSG won me over and the hunt was on for a blue DSG 5 door within budget..........fast forward a few weeks and I took delivery of a Reflex silver manual equipped car, go figure.

Having had the car little over a month I am enjoying being back in a manual however the clutch delay valve will definitely be getting sorted soon as I am struggling in lower gears for a smooth shift or fast shifts at the top end, and the threat of a slipping clutch on low mileage cars made my ar*e twitch.

Bit of searching on the site had me worrying I had done the wrong thing and should try and source a DSG especially as I plan on some light modifying.

Other than that I am loving the car, the extra grip over the BMW in anything other than dry conditions is excellent and even though its a little contrived the noise in race mode did make me laugh on the test drive.

Anyway, hello!

Martin

Welcome Martin!!

When you get a chance lets see a photo of her. I love the rare sight of a Silver R!!

:welcome:

• SoggyBottomBoy and camelsac2002 like this

2017 spec Audi S3 Sportback

Gone but not forgotten:

Audi A4 TDi Avant. 150 pathetic horses. RIP 'The Barge'

MKVI R - REVO stage 1 - 317BHP.

MKV R32

MKIII GTi (it was a bit shit to be honest)

Follow me on Twitter (if you're bored) Belfast Col@motorwaybarge

#3 SoggyBottomBoy

SoggyBottomBoy

Ph.D. in R-ology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:17 PM

Welcome Martin!!

When you get a chance lets see a photo of her. I love the rare sight of a Silver R!!

Welcome Martin!!   :afro: 

I second what Colin said.....let's see a photo.  Love the Reflex Silver.  Personally I wouldn't buy one as silver cars are EVERYWHERE in Ireland, but that doesn't take from their beauty!!  Well wear!! 

2016 Mk7 R 5dr DSG Lapis Blue, 19" Pretoria, Keyless, DNS, App-connect, Tech Pack (Nav, Light Assist, Rear Camera)

#4 Booth11

Booth11

Ultimate R Hero

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,117 posts
  • LocationKent
  • Name Rebecca

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

Welcome to the forum Martin.  Inspired colour choice. 

Black Beauty:7R 5dr DSG DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Tech Pack - Dynaudio - DNS Pro - App-connect, Rear cam, HBA

2012 MK6 GTI DSG

2008 MK5 GTI DSG 

2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11/

#5 ashleyman

ashleyman

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,486 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Name Ash

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

Photos pls!  :wink:

Golf R DSG. DBP 5DR DSG

535181.png

#6 GrantH09

GrantH09

Certified R Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Name Grant houldsworth

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Welcome to the forum mate

And excellent colour choice in my opinion although I'm bound to be slightly bias

Get some photos up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#7 guy1

guy1

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

:welcome: To the club

Ordered:Mk7 Golf R, Deep Pearl Black, 5dr DSG, Vienna seats, Prets, Discover Pro, Keyless, Rear view camera.
Collected on: 11/05/2015  

#8 Marty77

Marty77

R Learner

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Name Martin

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Cheers guys, I will fire some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

I am not usually a fan of silver cars and to be honest it's not usually a colour I would have considered but I think it really suits the shape of the car and shows the lines well.  Went simply for s test drive and to see if I liked the manual but when I seen it I was completely sold on the colour.

#9 CCD

CCD

Certified R Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name Colin

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Welcome, good to see another manual golf R going about!

Colin
VW Golf Mk7 R, 5Dr, Deep Black Pearl, 19" Prets, Pro Nav, DCC, Manual, Tints

#10 Lawrie

Lawrie

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationBlackpool, UK

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Welcome. You don't see many silver Rs about but I agree it suits the car very well.

Until yesterday I ran a manual R for two years. They're very good.... as is DSG but I wouldn't be disappointed if I had another manual in future. Both boxes have their merits.

Previous:  2015 Golf R.  Tornado Red, Manual, 5dr

Current:  2017 Golf R.  Night Blue, DSG, 5dr

#11 camelsac2002

camelsac2002

Serious R Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:03 PM

Welcome mate. Glad to see another manual driver here. Did you stick with 5 doors or have 3? Three doors seem to be thin on the ground!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#12 Marty77

Marty77

R Learner

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Name Martin

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Cheers lads, I am loving the involvement again, except in traffic! Any of you did the delay valve mod, did it make any difference to the jumpy shift? Beginning to wonder if I have lost my Mojo after 3 years in an auto.

Yeah stuck with the 5 door for practicality with the wee one.

#13 CCD

CCD

Certified R Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name Colin

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

I've not done the clutch mod as not really wanting to modify the R especially when still under warranty.

Colin
VW Golf Mk7 R, 5Dr, Deep Black Pearl, 19" Prets, Pro Nav, DCC, Manual, Tints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users