Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Marty77

First post, finally!

Hi folks,

Joined up in Nov but not go round to saying hello until now.

Bought my 2014 reflex silver R in November, replacing my stolen M135i.  Had the BMW for over 3 years and missed a manual box, however the fart of the DSG won me over and the hunt was on for a blue DSG 5 door within budget..........fast forward a few weeks and I took delivery of a Reflex silver manual equipped car, go figure.

Having had the car little over a month I am enjoying being back in a manual however the clutch delay valve will definitely be getting sorted soon as I am struggling in lower gears for a smooth shift or fast shifts at the top end, and the threat of a slipping clutch on low mileage cars made my ar*e twitch.

Bit of searching on the site had me worrying I had done the wrong thing and should try and source a DSG especially as I plan on some light modifying.

Other than that I am loving the car, the extra grip over the BMW in anything other than dry conditions is excellent and even though its a little contrived the noise in race mode did make me laugh on the test drive.

Anyway, hello!

Martin

Hi folks,

Joined up in Nov but not go round to saying hello until now.

Bought my 2014 reflex silver R in November, replacing my stolen M135i.  Had the BMW for over 3 years and missed a manual box, however the fart of the DSG won me over and the hunt was on for a blue DSG 5 door within budget..........fast forward a few weeks and I took delivery of a Reflex silver manual equipped car, go figure.

Having had the car little over a month I am enjoying being back in a manual however the clutch delay valve will definitely be getting sorted soon as I am struggling in lower gears for a smooth shift or fast shifts at the top end, and the threat of a slipping clutch on low mileage cars made my ar*e twitch.

Bit of searching on the site had me worrying I had done the wrong thing and should try and source a DSG especially as I plan on some light modifying.

Other than that I am loving the car, the extra grip over the BMW in anything other than dry conditions is excellent and even though its a little contrived the noise in race mode did make me laugh on the test drive.

Anyway, hello!

Martin

Welcome Martin!!

When you get a chance lets see a photo of her. I love the rare sight of a Silver R!!

:welcome:

Welcome Martin!!

When you get a chance lets see a photo of her. I love the rare sight of a Silver R!!

:welcome:

Welcome Martin!!   :afro: 

I second what Colin said.....let's see a photo.  Love the Reflex Silver.  Personally I wouldn't buy one as silver cars are EVERYWHERE in Ireland, but that doesn't take from their beauty!!  Well wear!! 

Welcome to the forum mate

And excellent colour choice in my opinion although I'm bound to be slightly bias

Get some photos up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers guys, I will fire some pics up as soon as I get a chance.

I am not usually a fan of silver cars and to be honest it's not usually a colour I would have considered but I think it really suits the shape of the car and shows the lines well.  Went simply for s test drive and to see if I liked the manual but when I seen it I was completely sold on the colour.

Welcome. You don't see many silver Rs about but I agree it suits the car very well.

Until yesterday I ran a manual R for two years. They're very good.... as is DSG but I wouldn't be disappointed if I had another manual in future. Both boxes have their merits.

Cheers lads, I am loving the involvement again, except in traffic! Any of you did the delay valve mod, did it make any difference to the jumpy shift? Beginning to wonder if I have lost my Mojo after 3 years in an auto.

Yeah stuck with the 5 door for practicality with the wee one.