Sign in to follow this  
L8tes

Quick Detailers - Correct Use

Team

I bought and used a quick detailer for the first time today and I think I've misunderstood what they are actually for.

I thought they were used after a proper clean when you are tight on time and you want to touch up your polish/wax base. However, having reread the forums it appears they are more for almost a water free car clean.

Is this right? Can they be used to touch up my wax base?

If they aren't a spray on top up, is there such a thing that people recommend.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Team

I bought and used a quick detailer for the first time today and I think I've misunderstood what they are actually for.

I thought they were used after a proper clean when you are tight on time and you want to touch up your polish/wax base. However, having reread the forums it appears they are more for almost a water free car clean.

Is this right? Can they be used to touch up my wax base?

If they aren't a spray on top up, is there such a thing that people recommend.

Cheers

They have various uses, but I think most on this forum use QD's as you have, on a freshly washed car to refresh, reinvigorate, top up existing wax/sealant and add extra gloss. I would say that is their primary function and your original understanding of them is correct. They are also very handy for dealing with emergencies such as bird poo incidents and a good idea to keep on in the boot or in a mobile detailing kit.

There are also 'waterless wash sprays' which are geared towards those that don't have washing facilites, but these are designed specifically for that purpose and a bit different to normal QD.

I personally wouldn't entertain using a QD on a dirty car, other than the aforementioned bird emergencies, as the potential to mark the paintwork is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet. I was quite pleased with the result and couldn't ever see me using as a waterless wash. Thanks for the prompt, as ever, response Booth.

I've never used a waterless as its intended however a lot of them have carnauba in so I used to use one after a thorough clean just to top up the protection and it never let me down.

I'm using OCD Finishes Velocity at the moment and the beading is excellent, seems to last reasonably well too.