My wife spilt a pint of milk in the passenger footwell of her Touareg over xmas.
I vacuumed and washed the mats then a few days later had a valet and all seemed well.
Wrong. It absolutely stinks now, to the point where you can smell it as you approach the car.
I assume it has made it's way under the seat carpet which is impossible to access.
Any idea's ? My wife's was to sell it but it is only a year old and would be a bit extreme for a pint of milk.
Please help our noses.
Never got around to posting review on this, but Ozone plate generator will cost you same as paying someone else to do it:
Perfect for milk, vomit, smoking, errant teenager lingering odours. Used by hotels and hospitals to deep cleanse.
As as long as carpet is mainly clean, it's the residual fat in milk going rancid that fills the air. Ozone is a powerful gas and effective enzyme eater.
ozone neutralises the airborne bacteria that smells. Fortunately in a small area like a car, run this for an hour, leave overnight for ozone to penetrate, and hey presto, 'new' smell. Slightly chlorine residual in a sort of hospital laundry way, but highly effective.
if you are in wilts, I am in Bristol and can lend you mine. But at £60 it has a myriad of uses in the home too. Post party, whiffy shower rooms, teenage bedroom etc, all hospital fresh.