VW R Owners Club uses cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info. To remove this message, please click the button to the right:    I accept the use of cookies

Welcome to the all new Volkswagen R Owners Club (incorporating RForum.co.uk)!

VWROC Guest Ads

Please login to hide these ads

Please login to hide these ads

Car being abused by a dealer

• Page 1 of 3
  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Taz23-R

Taz23-R

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

A gentleman on a Golf R UK owners group took his car for work at Scottswood VW in Newcastle then someone tipped him off a video of his car being driven aggressively was uploaded on the internet, absolutely shocking. I would do my nut.

Here's the link for the post on FB.

https://www.facebook...239558706488425

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 camelsac2002

camelsac2002

Ph.D. in R-ology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

A gentleman on a Golf R UK owners group took his car for work at Scottswood VW in Newcastle then someone tipped him off a video of his car being driven aggressively was uploaded on the internet, absolutely shocking. I would do my nut.

Here's the link for the post on FB.

https://www.facebook...239558706488425

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd have dealt with it in the same way as things were dealt with when I was in the forces - around the back of the workshop and he'd have been heading into lower Earth orbit on the end of my fist.........

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
  • bitmadmax, lukeh92, ashleyman and 2 others like this

#3 camelsac2002

camelsac2002

Ph.D. in R-ology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:54 AM

I'd have dealt with it in the same way as things were dealt with when I was in the forces - around the back of the workshop and he'd have been heading into lower Earth orbit on the end of my fist.........

Oh, and when you returned to Earth, you didn't go off to your sergeant telling tales like a school children because A - you knew you were in the wrong and literally took it on the chin and B - the sergeant would probably say "Grow up and poke off before you go into orbit again!" You'd then buy the guy that launched you a beer in the bar that night and no more said!

#4 marriedblonde

marriedblonde

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Name James

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

Wow what an interesting read.  Scary to think most of those posting on that thread are the future of this country.

Am I the only one who thinks the whole thread doesn't up

So Rhys was driving when he is clearly not a caucasian male and the driver in the video was.

The guy who's car it was, or thinks it was, is now barred from the dealership?

This happened on the 6th Jan and now 6 days later he still hasn't tried to get it resolved.  Even tho he is obv quite anooyed by the whole experience.  Not annoyed enough to go and get it resolved.

Its the opposite in my case.  I took my car in for a service, when I picked it up I had a chat with the service guys and ended up taking one of them out for a blast to show them how a stag 2 R goes.

J

• camelsac2002 and ashleyman like this

2016 Golf R - 3 door, DSG, black, prets, 90% tints, Lthr, Dynaudio, camera, Scorpion sports Cat/DP, APR stg 2, DSG MAP, TT inlet, DSG MAP, KW V2 coils and 40mm drop, IE adjust top mounts, alcon extreme 365mm BBK.

Rockford 12" Sub

#5 ashleyman

ashleyman

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Name Ash

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:21 AM

Nope! I was watching it with disgust and then realised the video was a couple days old. Regardless of a manager not being in, I'd be telling the receptionist to get him on the phone, find his assistant or if they refused then I'd be standing in the showroom calling VW UK. 

I'm shocked but not surprised at the contents of the video but extremely surprised that the guy hasn't done much if anything to get this resolved.

. When I booked for my service I told them that this specific staff member was not allowed to go anywhere near my car after I saw his previous driving ability. Dealership made sure that was enforced and the guy I did deal with was 100x better in every way. 

I'm keen to hear an update from the R owner in the video to see what VW do about it. 

• marriedblonde likes this

Golf R DSG. DBP 5DR DSG

535181.png

#6 Pchende

Pchende

Serious R Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Name Paul

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Thats shocking and why I insist my car is never driven off the site. Double checked the video so a know its not mine as i have something on my dash. I use Vw scotswood as well.

#7 Paradox1

Paradox1

Certified R Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

To be honest I would be surprised if Most garages did this.....

#8 marriedblonde

marriedblonde

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Name James

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

Thats shocking and why I insist my car is never driven off the site. Double checked the video so a know its not mine as i have something on my dash. I use Vw scotswood as well.

So how do they do the test drive post any work to be able to sign it off...  Driving it round the car park wont suffice...

2016 Golf R - 3 door, DSG, black, prets, 90% tints, Lthr, Dynaudio, camera, Scorpion sports Cat/DP, APR stg 2, DSG MAP, TT inlet, DSG MAP, KW V2 coils and 40mm drop, IE adjust top mounts, alcon extreme 365mm BBK.

Rockford 12" Sub

#9 marriedblonde

marriedblonde

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Name James

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

To be honest I would be surprised if Most garages did this.....

I think you might have missed a word out :-)

Rockford 12" Sub

#10 marriedblonde

marriedblonde

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Name James

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:41 AM

Nope! I was watching it with disgust and then realised the video was a couple days old. Regardless of a manager not being in, I'd be telling the receptionist to get him on the phone, find his assistant or if they refused then I'd be standing in the showroom calling VW UK. 

I'm shocked but not surprised at the contents of the video but extremely surprised that the guy hasn't done much if anything to get this resolved.

. When I booked for my service I told them that this specific staff member was not allowed to go anywhere near my car after I saw his previous driving ability. Dealership made sure that was enforced and the guy I did deal with was 100x better in every way. 

I'm keen to hear an update from the R owner in the video to see what VW do about it. 

I seem to get the same guy working on my car, well both times it has been in.  

J.

Rockford 12" Sub

#11 ashleyman

ashleyman

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • LocationSurrey
  • Name Ash

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

I seem to get the same guy working on my car, well both times it has been in.  

J.

So did I until he abused the trust. I'll be asking for the nice guy from now on!

Golf R DSG. DBP 5DR DSG

535181.png

#12 marriedblonde

marriedblonde

Ought to work for R GmbH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Name James

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

So did I until he abused the trust. I'll be asking for the nice guy from now on!

He is just probably the more discrete guy :-)

Rockford 12" Sub

#13 Paradox1

Paradox1

Certified R Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:48 AM

I think you might have missed a word out :-)

Touch typing isnt for me lol

#14 Stobsie

Stobsie

R Legend & all round God

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:47 PM

Wow what an interesting read.  Scary to think most of those posting on that thread are the future of this country.

So Rhys was driving when he is clearly not a caucasian male and the driver in the video was.

The guy who's car it was, or thinks it was, is now barred from the dealership?

This happened on the 6th Jan and now 6 days later he still hasn't tried to get it resolved.  Even tho he is obv quite anooyed by the whole experience.  Not annoyed enough to go and get it resolved.

Its the opposite in my case.  I took my car in for a service, when I picked it up I had a chat with the service guys and ended up taking one of them out for a blast to show them how a stag 2 R goes.

J

I'm sure once the car was out of your sight the whole dealership knew exactly how fast a stage 2 R can go. :wink:  :tease:  

Pure White, 5dr DSG, 19" Prets/ 18" Rotary winters, Vienna Leather, DCC, Keyless, Discover Pro, Rear Camera. (Brake light mod, Drl's 100%, Window tints).

Carbon Grey,Mk6 GTD 5dr Manual, (Revo Stage 1) , 18" Charleston's,Vienna Leather, RNS510, Rear Camera, Park Pilot. 

#15 jdjd

jdjd

Ph.D. in R-ology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:03 PM

- Whole story doesn't add up at all, Reads to me like he was told the dealership won't work on his modded car, he's come back days later with somebody ragging his car?

Car sounds Stage 2, Of course it's going into a dealership fully modded for work doing
  • andy13 likes this

• Page 1 of 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users