Pauldfc

New Golf R Owner in Fife

13 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm from fife and picked up my Golf R last week, Loving it so far.

Is there any sort of meets around Scotland for Golf mk7 R owners or is it usually just a VAG meet.  Would rather meet with more mature members than 1.2 Polo owners with their cars that are inch off the ground.

cheers

42 minutes ago, Pauldfc said:

Hi,

I'm from fife and picked up my Golf R last week, Loving it so far.

Is there any sort of meets around Scotland for Golf mk7 R owners or is it usually just a VAG meet.  Would rather meet with more mature members than 1.2 Polo owners with their cars that are inch off the ground.

cheers

Haha no need to worry about that mate, they can't keep up on our cruises 😂

44 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

Welcome aboard.

:welcome:

what spec pec is your R? 

Its a lapis Blue 3 door with DSG. I've been waiting quite a while for the right one to come up. Absolutely delighted with it. Need it 3 days a week for a commute which is a bit of a pain but atleast the drive is nice.

Thanks for the welcome.

Edited by Pauldfc

my 1.2 polo is NOT 2" off the ground!    ha ha ,   welcome mate, I'm in Ayrshire so a wee scottish sub-group may be a good idea where we can arrange meets etc...need to wait til mine arrives though!

5 minutes ago, Privatedoc said:

my 1.2 polo is NOT 2" off the ground!    ha ha ,   welcome mate, I'm in Ayrshire so a wee scottish sub-group may be a good idea where we can arrange meets etc...need to wait til mine arrives though!

Haha 50 posts and you've not got it yet. Must be excited. Aye I'd meet somewhere in the summer with some of the guys. 

4 minutes ago, Pauldfc said:

Haha 50 posts and you've not got it yet. Must be excited. Aye I'd meet somewhere in the summer with some of the guys. 

excellent !...aye, I was Moderator of the UP! forum and used to spend a lot of time on the disco3 forum (when I had a discovery for ferrying about the kidlets!   5 yrs of austerity cars while funding accomodation for kids at uni and I'm now ready to rejoin the reasonable car brigade and couldn't force myself to (like some of my colleagues) have a male Meno-porsche !!  (although still a VAG brand)

Welcome Paul, there is a Facebook page for Scottish R owners - search "Golf R Scotland".

We did a trip up through the Duke's Pass near the end of last year and another run is on the cards soon.

6 minutes ago, Ghm said:

Welcome Paul, there is a Facebook page for Scottish R owners - search "Golf R Scotland".

We did a trip up through the Duke's Pass near the end of last year and another run is on the cards soon.

Brillaint. Will add that the now. Did the duke pass last year with my mate. Was quality.

Welcome aboard - I think you're in pretty good company where you live, as the early replies are showing. Enjoy the car, companionship and forum!