Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben1191

Couple of question

13 posts in this topic

How easy are these cars to steal without the keys if the car doesn't have keyless entry and push to start.

what deterrents can I look into.

yesterday in traffic I gave the throttle a press and got some good pops and bangs from the exhaust,I can't seem to get it to do it again 🤔

haha you need to push the throttle hard and for a short time :-). I love it when mine pops, even in Comfort mode.

Don't know from experience about the stealing of non-keyless entry cars, but apparently they would rather nick the keys from inside your house than try and break into the car. I have been looking into this the last few days too, because I am getting my car modified soon and I don't want it nicked after I get all the work done, or nicked at all to be fair.

I am probably going to have a visual deterrent like a Stoplock Pro (and maybe a tracker fitted).

I am also thinking of a Bulldog wheel clamp as an extra measure for when I go away on holiday or in an area that looks dodgy, as an extra security measure and visual deterrent. Also for when I wont use the car for a few days and it will just sit there in the road outside my house.

My cars parked in a residential car park as I live in flats,am I pretty safe in saying they're unlikely to break in for keys as they would t know what flat I lived in for a start,and every neighbour would hear them doing so 😄 Tracker is a must on any desirable car imo.

i sold my disklock as I'd read these cars were too hard to steal via obd. Maybe I'll invest in a Rottweiler 😄

Haha yes. I have 2 French Bulldogs and any hint of a noise outside and they kick off, so the chances of someone trying to get into my house while we are there is almost 100% nil :-). Plus we live in a mid-terraced cottage and our neighbours are retired, so it's like having a permanent neighbourhood watch.

I have a Disklok from before but it seems to be too small and I don't want to damage the steering wheel trying to force it on again. I guess I need a size up. They take up loads of space and are pretty heavy, which is why I was thinking of the Stoplock instead.

I am looking at the Vodafone Protect and Connect 5 tracker (ex Cobra). There is a app on the phone it can link to and it's pretty cool, from the demo version I downloaded and messed around with. It also rates you on your driving behaviour haha. Mine will mostly be in the red, so I wont bother looking at that part of the app if I get it fitted.

20 minutes ago, Ben1191 said:

My cars parked in a residential car park as I live in flats,am I pretty safe in saying they're unlikely to break in for keys as they would t know what flat I lived in for a start,and every neighbour would hear them doing so 1f604.png Tracker is a must on any desirable car imo.

i sold my disklock as I'd read these cars were too hard to steal via obd. Maybe I'll invest in a Rottweiler 1f604.png

Yep. Basically they are gonna need the keys, so you are probably 'safe' in a block of flats!

Trackers are not really the answer as professional thieves are going to have jammers.

Ghost devices are becoming popular, on the basis that this will prevent them driving the car away even if they do have the keys (e.g have broken into your house for them). But, even if they give up, they are not going to post your keys back through your letterbox, so you still have a problem.

The Ghost device idea seems to be (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that this gives you time to ring the police / find your shotgun (ha ha) while the lowlife figure out what the problem is.

I guess the same principle (an extra security layer) for steering locks etc.

Depends whether you want a very visible deterent or an invisible 'trap'. Some prefer to have neither, just leaving the keys is an easy to find location so they are just 'away' without any confrontation or risk to wife, kids etc. Definately two schools of thought on this general question!

From other threads, ramping up house security seems to be the preferred option but, living in a flat, you may not have to take any extra measures just because of your car.

I'm going with the logic of I'm in a flat so they have no chance of getting the keys. My parking space number is a three digit number and my flat number is single digit with no link between the two. Good luck breaking into all 20 flats trying to find the right one.

My issue is mine is keyless...

Edited by tweaked9107

3 hours ago, seadragon said:

Haha yes. I have 2 French Bulldogs and any hint of a noise outside and they kick off, so the chances of someone trying to get into my house while we are there is almost 100% nil :-). Plus we live in a mid-terraced cottage and our neighbours are retired, so it's like having a permanent neighbourhood watch.

I have a Disklok from before but it seems to be too small and I don't want to damage the steering wheel trying to force it on again. I guess I need a size up. They take up loads of space and are pretty heavy, which is why I was thinking of the Stoplock instead.

I am looking at the Vodafone Protect and Connect 5 tracker (ex Cobra). There is a app on the phone it can link to and it's pretty cool, from the demo version I downloaded and messed around with. It also rates you on your driving behaviour haha. Mine will mostly be in the red, so I wont bother looking at that part of the app if I get it fitted.

Mine doesn't kick off if its sunny 😁

IMG_0348.JPG

42 minutes ago, tweaked9107 said:

I'm going with the logic of I'm in a flat so they have no chance of getting the keys. My parking space number is a three digit number and my flat number is single digit with no link between the two. Good luck breaking into all 20 flats trying to find the right one.

My issue is mine is keyless...

So your flat number is 1-9. That's over half ruled out then 😂

5 hours ago, seadragon said:

haha you need to push the throttle hard and for a short time :-). I love it when mine pops, even in Comfort mode.

Don't know from experience about the stealing of non-keyless entry cars, but apparently they would rather nick the keys from inside your house than try and break into the car. I have been looking into this the last few days too, because I am getting my car modified soon and I don't want it nicked after I get all the work done, or nicked at all to be fair.

I am probably going to have a visual deterrent like a Stoplock Pro (and maybe a tracker fitted).

I am also thinking of a Bulldog wheel clamp as an extra measure for when I go away on holiday or in an area that looks dodgy, as an extra security measure and visual deterrent. Also for when I wont use the car for a few days and it will just sit there in the road outside my house.

I tried what you said to get it to pop,just can't get it to happen :( have I got the settings dialled in wrong?everhthing is in race.

the car doesn't Rev over 4k in neutral/park if that's where I'm going wrong lol

It does small Burbly pops but not the bang I heard the one time I got it to do it

2 hours ago, sirloin said:

So your flat number is 1-9. That's over half ruled out then 1f602.png

Haha damn. Let's just hope there aren't any thieves lurking on this forum.

3 hours ago, MCC said:

Mine doesn't kick off if its sunny 1f601.png

IMG_0348.JPG

Lovely pooch!  I couldn't help noticing we're Sock Buddies!  :lol:

On 21/04/2017 at 21:37, Leo9 said:

Lovely pooch!  I couldn't help noticing we're Sock Buddies!  :lol:

M+S and not Mud and Snow 😬

Have researched and will go for a Stoplock Pro, but also an Autowatch Ghost for overall peace of mind. The only way they would be able to take the car would be to tow it, or kidnap me and make me unlock it obviously.

I am going for this over the tracker I was looking at, as it’s cheaper and no annual subscription cost.

My guard dogs below :-)

dogs.JPG