Marty77

Wheel nuts!

6 posts in this topic

Having recently changed to 19 TD 1.3's, I fitted the bolts supplied which didnt include locking nuts.  I tried to use the standard locking nuts but they didnt seem to bite (possibly too short with new wheels?)

The nuts look basic so ideally I want to replace all and get locking nuts fitted again.

What nuts size and any suggestions on what are best?

If you look at the type of nuts that you have you will see the new ones for TD wheels are a different seat against the wheel. TD wheels need 60 degree tapered and the originals on the Pretoria alloys are radius seated nuts. I'd assume Cadiz would be the same as a vw std.

If you look at the type of nuts that you have you will see the new ones for TD wheels are a different seat against the wheel. TD wheels need 60 degree tapered and the originals on the Pretoria alloys are radius seated nuts. I'd assume Cadiz would be the same as a vw std.

Are all the team dynamics wheels tapered and not radius? I'm using the same bolts from Cadiz (radius seat) m14x 1.5 17mm head. Might explain some wheel vibrations I've been having If im using the wrong bolts.

My wheels are monza R IMG_0876.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are all the team dynamics wheels tapered and not radius? I'm using the same bolts from Cadiz (radius seat) m14x 1.5 17mm head. Might explain some wheel vibrations I've been having If im using the wrong bolts.

My wheels are monza R IMG_0876.thumb.PNG.dc9fb464bdad6ac16dc3a0dd676121ae.PNG

I'm not certain they are all TD wheels use tapered 60 degree nuts but I do know that both TD 1.2 18" and TD 1.3 19" I've had both use the tapered and I would imagine they always stick to the same formula for cost and to avoid confusion as much as they can. Best to ask a good wheel shop to confirm

I'm not certain they are all TD wheels use tapered 60 degree nuts but I do know that both TD 1.2 18" and TD 1.3 19" I've had both use the tapered and I would imagine they always stick to the same formula for cost and to avoid confusion as much as they can. Best to ask a good wheel shop to confirm

Okay thanks a lot, I'm getting new tyres on today so I'll have a find out. Cheers

22 hours ago, DUB R4XX said:

Smashing, cheers mate.