Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
HuwieR

Resonator Delete ordered!!!

Not received it yet.... From what I've seen on tinternet it can be DIY, easier if you have a pipe cutter. Guessing an hours labour at local garage otherwise. 

Others on here have already done it so just keep an eye on this post....

Yes requires cutting of OEM but apparently the kit has a sleeve to replace OEM if you want to remove the delete.

I've just added my order to this batch too, can't wait! Was this part of a group-buy with a discount by any chance?
Where and how do you place the order? Is this for the 3" anti-drone resonator delete?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The company are called BCS Powervalve, just drop them an email which can be found on their FB page or website. Yep, it's the res delete with the Helmholtz resonator to remove the drone. Lots of good reviews on this forum and if you youtube it there's a nice video from BCS on it.

On 10/08/2017 at 12:58, veneeringman said:

Easy, just make sure you buy some sealant for the joints.

c9731ff5e3850f5590081a1e8faca3ec.jpg

bf4dd2b52f6c66e97cb405938ad48b5e.jpg

This is such a strange concept, I can't grasp the fact there is an open pipe just pointing toward the airflow. 

Is it an open pipe ? And is it just there to stop the drone? I'd love to know the mechanics behind this 

This is such a strange concept, I can't grasp the fact there is an open pipe just pointing toward the airflow. 

Is it an open pipe ? And is it just there to stop the drone? I'd love to know the mechanics behind this 

It’s not open just a blank end.

To discourage drone.

Hi HuwieR,

I fitted my BCS 3'' res delete a couple of weeks ago to match the BCS front pipe. Really easy job to do. All you need is some pipe cutters and exhaust paste for the joints. With the flaps shut the car is not much louder but when they are open you will get pops and bangs on over run and gear changes. The exhaust note dose change a little after a few hundred miles of driving and sounds sweet. And there in NO droning inside the car which is exactly what I was after.

10 minutes ago, Turbo Keith B said:

Hi HuwieR,

I fitted my BCS 3'' res delete a couple of weeks ago to match the BCS front pipe. Really easy job to do. All you need is some pipe cutters and exhaust paste for the joints. With the flaps shut the car is not much louder but when they are open you will get pops and bangs on over run and gear changes. The exhaust note dose change a little after a few hundred miles of driving and sounds sweet. And there in NO droning inside the car which is exactly what I was after.

Do you have the same pipe as above? With the blanked end piece ?

are you 7 or 7.5? 

I just need my car now ffs where is September!

44 minutes ago, EddieR said:

Do you have the same pipe as above? With the blanked end piece ?

are you 7 or 7.5? 

I just need my car now ffs where is September!

Eddie,

Exactly the same as above picture on a MK7 R.

Hi HuwieR,

Agreed,

I coded the flaps open but upon installing the BCS pipe found it too much, so reversed the coding change.

Very happy with the BCS now.

The exhaust sound is getting better the more miles goes in the R.

Had a guy come over for some ODIS work on his RS3 and even he said he could hear the R coming streets away