Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
SamS

Is it too early?

Is it too early to start buying presents for my car, now I don't collect it for another 2.5 whole days😳... but so far I've signed up for a ghost and want better brakes, and just now a dash cam started calling me! Please tell me this is normal and in a week or two I'll calm down and stop treating a car I don't actually have yet to nice things.. 🙄

Hi Sam.

Yep, quite normal and, yes, you will probably calm down a bit when you can vent your excitement on the car itself.

How did you work out that the R would need better brakes before even picking it up? You are right, btw, so I'd be interested where you go with that one.

Decided on the dash cam yet? 

Happy shopping!

Mine's is 4 months away and I'm already on this forum and putting a shopping list together. JB4 is near the top. You're not crazy, in fact you're pretty well in control. In 1995, my brother and I bought "Star Wars Dark Forces" for the PC a whole 3 months before actually buying a PC.

Yes, you're entirely normal: you're part of modern consumerist society. Buying gifts for an object you don't yet own is no worse than displaying Easter products for sale in January, never not having a "sale" on, all that sort of thing. The Chancellor would be delighted with your behaviour and would wish it to continue, big-time! ;)

Good choices so far (yes I did much the same too last year while my R was being built) and it'll be good to have reviews on the upgrades once they've been installed.

It's par for the course really, to while away the waiting time!  Thank your lucky stars you've only a few days wait for the car and not months like some, otherwise you'd be well out of pocket by the time it turned up. 😁Mind you it doesn't stop once the car hits the driveway.  I managed to hold off and bought only one item prior to the R's arrival preferring to wait until I had the car and got to know it first, then the buying commenced. 

Its nice to have a few welcome presents for your new arrival so enjoy. 

10 hours ago, neg said:

Never too early, I had bits ready for mine weeks if not months before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad I'm not alone :) 

10 hours ago, Stobsie said:

It'll never calm down you're on the slippery slope my friend. 

I need to find a better job then :) 

10 hours ago, PhilC22 said:

Hi Sam.

Yep, quite normal and, yes, you will probably calm down a bit when you can vent your excitement on the car itself.

How did you work out that the R would need better brakes before even picking it up? You are right, btw, so I'd be interested where you go with that one.

Decided on the dash cam yet? 

Happy shopping!

Hi, I've always upgraded my cars, the breaks  as I see them keep me safe and out of trouble, don't get me wrong manufacturer ones are perfectly suitable... but I do 100 miles a day and I need to trust my car to do what I need.- I bet that sound weird but it's how I am with cars :) 

im torn between 2 dash cams, the industry I'm in makes me stupid picky regarding record quality so I'm reading up on 'normal' consumer reviews :) 

10 hours ago, JeS10 said:

Mine's is 4 months away and I'm already on this forum and putting a shopping list together. JB4 is near the top. You're not crazy, in fact you're pretty well in control. In 1995, my brother and I bought "Star Wars Dark Forces" for the PC a whole 3 months before actually buying a PC.

I'm glad it's not just me :) 

2 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

All normal behaviour! Btw - Nitrac discs seem to be a good bet for your braking requirements!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I have been looking at these thank you :) 

i know it will be a month before I  can upgrade at least so loads more reading all your experiences and expertise. 

2 hours ago, Leo9 said:

Yes, you're entirely normal: you're part of modern consumerist society. Buying gifts for an object you don't yet own is no worse than displaying Easter products for sale in January, never not having a "sale" on, all that sort of thing. The Chancellor would be delighted with your behaviour and would wish it to continue, big-time! ;)

Good choices so far (yes I did much the same too last year while my R was being built) and it'll be good to have reviews on the upgrades once they've been installed.

This is what worries me leo9 

i don't conform in 'normal' life at all I'm not a 'so and so has it so I want it' type.. but logic says to me 

I've had a tough time getting a good car.. so I need something that gurantees I keep it😀-ghosh

i need to be safe - brakes

and I need security after a few years ago a young boy cycled in front of me and I missed him by inches - thank goodness I was not going fast! And I realised that  no matter what actually happens I would of been blamed I got a cam.. needless to say I have never been so relieved to of been given the finger by a teenager before in my life! At least he was in one piece able too😂