Scottw

6r a classic ??

Does anyone think the 6r will become a classic,due to the low amount produced ?? Bit like the focus rs mk2 ??

was thinking ov getting a 7r, but the due to the amount produced I think they are going to deprecate very quickly

a bit like a mk2 focus rs and a mk3 focus  rs.

will the 6r be cheaper to insure as the 7r is getting nicked al the time due to mass production aswell ?

Possibly.  I have had both a 6R and a 7R and I now have a Clubsport.  However, despite that fact that the 7R is a better all round car, no doubt, if I was buying a second hand R, I would choose a 6R over the 7R every time.  It looks far better and it's considerably rarer.  The main reason I sold my 7R was the fact they are so common.

On 24/09/2017 at 18:23, Scottw said:

Does anyone think the 6r will become a classic,due to the low amount produced ?? Bit like the focus rs mk2 ??

was thinking ov getting a 7r, but the due to the amount produced I think they are going to deprecate very quickly

a bit like a mk2 focus rs and a mk3 focus  rs.

will the 6r be cheaper to insure as the 7r is getting nicked al the time due to mass production aswell ?

If you are worried about depreciation (not something i fret about unduly), just get a nice example used R where the first owner has taken most of the hit. Also, your chance of having a 7R stolen is completely unrelated to how many are on the road. Much more related to where you live and where it is parked at night. If you prefer the 6R, buy one, but don't hold your breath about it becoming a classic, or being cheaper to insure.

If you are an avid investor then I doubt Golfs are the car to invest in. If you enjoy cars buy your favourite. As said above buy a 2nd hand 7 that has done it s devaluating

Hi TurboTrev

Just read your reply with interest. I have had many modified golfs over the years from the mk1 onwards and I am currently in an uprated mk6 r. I swore I would never go back to fwd, but out of interest, would you own a clubsport or s over an R? Can they be mapped without too much of the dreaded wheel-spin?

Many Thanks

Mark

4 hours ago, felix said:

Hi TurboTrev

Just read your reply with interest. I have had many modified golfs over the years from the mk1 onwards and I am currently in an uprated mk6 r. I swore I would never go back to fwd, but out of interest, would you own a clubsport or s over an R? Can they be mapped without too much of the dreaded wheel-spin?

Many Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

We have a mapped MK7 Clubsport. 380hp and deals extremely well with the power due to the clever front diff.

If you'd like to pop down at some point and take a look feel free.

The Clubsport is as tunable as the R, GTI etc.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:54, Scottw said:

does anyone know how many 6r's were produced ? 

This is an interesting view. Shows all Golf R's registered in the UK so you can see how rare the 6 was/ is. I loved mine and still smile when I see a 6 on the road, which isn't often!!

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_golf_r

Here's a snap shot:

Capture.PNG

It may be rare, for sure. 

I remember how elated i was when i saw another one on the road back in the day. I'm not sure numbers alone make a future classic though....

MK7 was far superior in so many ways.