Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
dazie00

xds settings

Struggling to reverse this for some reason !!

Currently have it set to strong but want to switch it back but it's not letting me in without a security code, didn't need a security code to change it in the first place  , have tried 31347 ,20103 and 19249 but having no joy , 

DV52 Help!!

IMG_4172.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

20 minutes ago, veneeringman said:

I’ve used 20103 on the Facelift with no issues.

Try closing the module then opening it back up and putting the code back in.

I've tried turning the whole thing off , closing down the vcds  and starting again, just don't see how it now needs a security code!!

I've tried turning the whole thing off , closing down the vcds  and starting again, just don't see how it now needs a security code!!

How many times have you inputted a wrong security code or one it didn’t like ?
Modules can ‘lock’ you out for a period after too many code attempts.

prob 5/6 now  , not telling me i'm locked out though, be interesting to see if someone else needs to input the code at all ?

15 minutes ago, veneeringman said:

How many times have you inputted a wrong security code or one it didn’t like ?
Modules can ‘lock’ you out for a period after too many code attempts.

Dazie00: Of course anything is possible, but the screens in your first post look like a classic case of attempting to enter an incorrect security code (perhaps mis-typing the number 20103).

As veneeringman has said - control modules get cranky if the wrong security code is entered -they can lock-out for a period of time (the lock-out time varies, but around 10 minutes is my rule-of-thumb).  It's important to leave your ignition turned-on during this period because the lock-out time is measured with the ignition turned-on!

My experience has been that the error message for lock-out is not always evocative of what's happening. But there is a way of checking if the module has gone into lock-out as follows:

1. Open the control module @ address hex03
  2. Select Adv. Meas. Values
  3. Select Security Access: Number of invalid keys
  4. If the number reaches 3 - the module will no longer accept any further attempts to enter a security code until the time-out period has lapsed (remember, the ignition must be turned-on for the lock-out period)
  5. You will know when the time-out period has reset because the number in this measuring value will reset to 0

Don

BDxhmNp.png