m3anmachin3

Cruise control without ACC?

Hi all,

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.

Is there any way to put Cruise Control on without having to use the Adaptive Cruise Control function. Every time I switch modes I have to either leave ACC on (otherwise cruise control won't work) or use speed limiter. I simply want to have the cruise control function on without using ACC or speed limiter.

On another note my indicator lights stay on permanently during the night, is this a feature or do I need to get this looked at?

7 minutes ago, m3anmachin3 said:

Hi all,

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section.

Is there any way to put Cruise Control on without having to use the Adaptive Cruise Control function. Every time I switch modes I have to either leave ACC on (otherwise cruise control won't work) or use speed limiter. I simply want to have the cruise control function on without using ACC or speed limiter.

On another note my indicator lights stay on permanently during the night, is this a feature or do I need to get this looked at?

Cruise - Not that I know of, but bear in mind that with no traffic ahead, it acts just like normal cruise control.  Indeed I can't think why it causes a problem, as I'd have to slow down even if it didn't.  And likewise easy enough to tap the break or accelerate away and override it.   Though in short, no, even if I wanted it to.

Indicators - If you're in the UK, then no, don't think it should do that at all.

Indicators sounds like someones done a VCDS / OBDEleven tweak so you just need to revert it back to standard using either tool.

As for cruise. No. It's ACC or Speed Limiter. If I don't want ACC in control I usually just put speed limiter on and plant my foot. I've found Speed Limiter is more economical than ACC.

12 minutes ago, Limey said:

Where is speed limiter?  All I have found is speed warning.

Dave

On the left hand side of the steering wheel where the ACC controls are, you can press the mode button to cycle between ACC and Speed Limiter.

Speed Warning is just a beep to warn you when you hit a certain speed (mine is set at 99), whereas speed limiter will not let you past the speed you set. 

2017-Volkswagen-Golf-110TSI-Highline-R-Line-hatchback-yellow-press-image-1200x800-(6).jpg.19a4947c7efbf10ed429d947898de49f.jpg

I know one thing, it doesn't like you being in lane one and travelling faster than lane two.

Which you're allowed to do according the the HC, before anyone gets stroptastic.

Took me by surprise when I did it.

Also took my passenger by surprise.

When I say surprise, I mean shouted 'What the f##k are you doing????'