bobby2504

Smooshed pride and joy

I need some help please 

Ive been involved in an accident were i was rolled in to by a mini whilst stationary 

I have never had an accident or had to claim on insurance before in my 22 years of driving and i really unsure of what yhe outcome might be 

The car is 100% mine and it goes in for relair on 1st feb 

Question is because they wont give me a straight answer is it going to be ok or am i looking at a right off 

It has just done 20k miles and untill this didnt have a mark on her 

Just proper scared 

IMG-20180114-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20180114-WA0001.jpg

Sorry forgot to actually answer your question......very much doubt will be a rite  could push panel out and fill then respray rear quarter and blend into door.... or new rear quarter and respray and blend into door 

Gutting, probs couldn’t have happened in a worse place as they can’t just replace that panel can they as it’s welded to the roof and the full rear 1/4.

hope you get a good outcome and not just botched up, as in my experience once you know your cars been bumped it’s hard not to always think about it.

99% certain no write off. 

Just make sure you're happy with the quality of repair before you take it away. Obvious things are colour match, no over spray, open rear quarter, maybe test drive if wheel has been damaged.  Good luck!

Dave

Gutted mate.

looks like panel only, and no damage lower down.

Has the body shop looked at it already or is it just going in for a fix without prechecking?

if body shop seen it they will have told you it’s fixable.

Presume other car owner admitted and being sorted at no cost to you and excess covered?

Good luck, hope it goes okay.

edit: as others have said, on collection check it in daylight and from numerous angles. If not happy don’t accept it back. 

Are you dropping off or are they picking it up?

I don’t like it when they collect and drop off as just delivery driver. Much better to collect and view car at the body shop, as any issues can be discussed with the body shop manager or repair guys

Thank you guys im just stressy guy and like you understand we work hard for these cars and i coudnt bear to be with out her lol

I dont think the guy could get out of it beibg his fault as he ended up on his side and also hit a car infront 

He didnt care at all which just i couldnt get my head around 

20180112_141550.jpg

1 minute ago, bobby2504 said:

Thank you guys im just stressy guy and like you understand we work hard for these cars and i coudnt bear to be with out her lol

I dont think the guy could get out of it beibg his fault as he ended up on his side and also hit a car infront 

He didnt care at all which just i couldnt get my head around 

20180112_141550.jpg

Well that ain’t going to T Cut out.

Looks like you were lucky only to get that little scratch now 😅

Yeah that's a new qtr panel for sure. Won't repair that one. So a new panel, and blend door.  Easy job for a good bodyshop.  But have seen cars written off for less. All depends on cost etc. And insurance company.  

So sorry to see this - really gutted for you.

i can’t imagine it being uneconomical to repair unless the floor is twisted but from the pics it looks like the sill is untouched.

would imagine that they’d weld in a rear quarter repair panel rather than pulling out but no expert.

Hope it’s sorted soon buddy i’m sure it’ll be looking like new again before too long.

Gutted for you!  :(  Been there myself and it’s awful to see your beloved car like that.  Not a write off though by the looks of it.  Find a very good body shop and it’ll all be right again soon enough and you can move on and enjoy it to the max again.  Keep us posted on how you get on.