OvettC

Estate Boot for Dogs

Hi,

I have two Border Collies, one of whom is very enthusiastic.  I've been looking around and so far I've manage to find a much cheaper alternative to the VW Dog guard at £100 vs the £260 or so that VW wanted for theirs.

However for boot liners, think all round, not just  a mat on the floor, I've only found one company that can do a proper cover called The Hatchbag Company.

They are a tad on the expensive side, approx £200 by time you've specified everything.

Anyone have any tested alternatives?

4 minutes ago, GaryP said:

Titancovers.co.uk

Not tested just aware of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good shout, some good reviews and about £90 cheaper than the other.

We have the VW dog guard, boot tray and bumper protection (clear plastic) we paid around £250 for the lot from dealer, obviously that was with discount.

actually using our old BMW boot liner as well, not that bad a fit, but we also have a large dog bed fitted.

my only gripe is having to remove the torneau cover from the car as there is no under floor stowage.

We have tried cheaper versions on previous Hearses, however some end up rattling or are a pain to remove or seethrough.

totally no problems with the VW guard.

IMG_1820.JPG

35 minutes ago, Gavras said:

We have the VW dog guard, boot tray and bumper protection (clear plastic) we paid around £250 for the lot from dealer, obviously that was with discount.

actually using our old BMW boot liner as well, not that bad a fit, but we also have a large dog bed fitted.

my only gripe is having to remove the torneau cover from the car as there is no under floor stowage.

We have tried cheaper versions on previous Hearses, however some end up rattling or are a pain to remove or seethrough.

totally no problems with the VW guard.

IMG_1820.JPG

That is one beautiful dog!

I bought a titan covers one from eBay about 18 months ago. As far as I am aware it's water proof, has the bumper flap, and sticks to the boot side walls using Velcro. It has no velcro to stick it to the seat backs, it just wedges behind the rear seat when it isn't folded flat. If f that makes sense?

The fixing onto the rear head rests are a bit fiddly and bulky but can be tidied so they aren't on view.

Downside is the Velcro pulls the material slightly when it's removed, but guess most would do this.

I'll be installing it again soon so will take some pictures when I do.

20180213_190047.thumb.jpg.fa064d28a5b65d1839714725236cae73.jpg

We only have a chocolate lab which goes in the R very occasionally. The bumper flap is worth it's weight in gold for letting dogs jump in!

8 minutes ago, NinkyNonk said:

I bought a titan covers one from eBay about 18 months ago. As far as I am aware it's water proof, has the bumper flap, and sticks to the boot side walls using Velcro. It has no velcro to stick it to the seat backs, it just wedges behind the rear seat when it isn't folded flat. If f that makes sense?

The fixing onto the rear head rests are a bit fiddly and bulky but can be tidied so they aren't on view.

Downside is the Velcro pulls the material slightly when it's removed, but guess most would do this.

I'll be installing it again soon so will take some pictures when I do.

20180213_190047.thumb.jpg.fa064d28a5b65d1839714725236cae73.jpg

We only have a chocolate lab which goes in the R very occasionally. The bumper flap is worth it's weight in gold for letting dogs jump in!

Thanks for this, I'll be very keen to see it when it goes back in. 

On mine the load cover can be stored under the boot floor. Plastic panels at each side need to be removed but then cover slots in. Never tried it but looks straightforward. 

19 minutes ago, DSarge said:

On mine the load cover can be stored under the boot floor. Plastic panels at each side need to be removed but then cover slots in. Never tried it but looks straightforward. 

Is this with the boot floor set to high or with floor in bottom position?

i have the floor set to lowest position and removed the top bit.

I have a tendency to take pictures of mine with my bikes in the boot, sadly I normally delwte them. This is the only one I have on my phone.

20171101_114228.thumb.jpg.069e6c7d051cb5defca9f3e7a195a972.jpg

Sadly my 17" Kona Cinder Cone needs a wheel removing to fit. All my road bikes fit fine!

It will probably be the weekend before I refit the liner but will take some detailed shots.

54 minutes ago, DSarge said:

It's with boot floor in high position. If you have it lowered you're right enough that there's nowhere to store the cover. 

He is a tall dog so needs floor lowered.

in my previous BMW Hearse (F31), there was a purpose designed stowage for the cover, really handy.

Was in a rush today fitting the liner in between other bits and pieces I was doing, so it could have been fitted slightly better. The most annoying bit about the liner is the lack of split for the 60/40 rear seats, which means putting the seats back in place is a bit of a pain with just one person as they are anchored together by the liner. Not sure if there is a split option? Sadly didn't get a picture with the seats up and the Sun was in a bad position too.

5a8884a63891b_liner1.thumb.jpg.79d06ef02b09c6f10069be9673410127.jpg5a8884b39ebaa_liner2.thumb.jpg.23c382c48344123853accdb576d3e74a.jpg5a8884c0b61e1_liner3.thumb.jpg.f2874ae85550cefe5f12dd966d4f6308.jpg5a8884cd65093_liner4.thumb.jpg.cfdd52eacc1bc700bb768eedd45573bb.jpg5a8884dbe20f5_liner5.thumb.jpg.42d786b78d6144696f562be6bcf4ad4f.jpg5a8884e9eba31_liner6.thumb.jpg.18ab8c73f9c0cad02ad6fefa427a4d70.jpg

Looking at there website they do a split seat option, which would make folding the seats a much easier process. When I ordered it I knew I was going to be loading bikes in and thought I didn't need the split option, but it would be so much easier with it. The only option I had was the flap.