Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
mowflow

Thinking about cancelling

When I placed my order I was told by the supplying leasing company that they don't supply tracking numbers. However, if I wanted an update I could call them and they would contact the dealer. I can only imagine this is some bizarre attempt at hiding the dealer for whatever reason.

My order was placed near the end of October. At that time the supplier told me the car was expected end of February but advised waiting for the new reg. At the time i thought this was optimistic so i expected March. I sat tight for a long time then in January a family health issue meant I required a more definite idea of when this thing was going to show up. I contacted the supplier stating what i'd read on here about some delivery dates slipping, cars taking a month to ship etc however, after contacting their supplier they still maintained it would be "early March" and was told they would be in contact regarding finance paper work end of February.

With March rapidly approaching I contacted them yesterday and asked what was happening. I eventually got an email today telling me that it is now looking like the end of March for the car to hit the dealers which probably means April.

This is a huge pain in the arse for me due to my circumstances. I'm just really bored with waiting this long for what is just a tarted up Golf. I told the supplier this and they said I would need to pay VW a £500 cancelation fee. I told them i was paying nothing nor was I signing anything. It may seem slightly churlish to walk away with only 4/5 weeks to go out of a 5 month wait but it's starting to feel like it's the principal of simply accepting utter shite customer service from VAG not to mention the expense of alternative transport for another month (important hospital appointments rule out public transport so i effectively need to hire or buy something).

1. An Oct 2014 G7R order will get delivered to the UK in Mar / Apr 2015. Five to 6 months is normal right now.

2. Ring VW UK Customer Services tomorrow morning for free on 0800 333 666, or 0800 0833 914. Ask them for your "tracker number". Ask them the status of the tracker. They will tell you, after passing normal security checks, of course.

3. Write back here and update.

The G7R is the best car in its class. Worth the wait.

I ordered on the last day of October, my build week is this week so I am expecting delivery at the end of March/beginning of April. 

You have waited so long. Just hang in there.  :smiley:

There you go again talking down a BMW with your perception that it is solely a rep mobile. Really touches a nerve. I am neither a rep nor feel like one when I drive my BMW. Let's be realistic; the R is a fast shopping trolley, nothing else. The VW Golf is a tin pot compared to a BMW F30.

The BMW F30 Series are brilliant cars, beautifully made and in a much higher league than VW Golfs. The only reason I am changing is that I wish to have a smaller car. Both the BMW 330d sDrive/xDrive and 335d xDrive are amazing cars. Have you driven one, let alone owned one? The Diesel torque on both these cars is addictive especially with the superb 8 Speed ZF Auto which comes as standard. The 335d xDrive is mentally fast and simply immense. The Golf R feels like a buzz box in comparison to either one of these.

Regarding handling, the sDrives are much better. The xDrives have a raised ride height as M Sport Springs are not available with them and the handling is quite roll-y poll-y and they definitely do not handle as well as a Golf R. Most enthusiastic owners fit AC Schnitzer springs to their xDrives and this sorts out the handling, though this will still not be as nimble as an R. Even with this mod, I still prefer the sDrives. Even the sDrive is not as nimble as an R. Also remember, the BMW is a bigger car designed for a different purpose. Quite honestly it is all the car you will ever need especially if you have a family.

So why don't you bite the bullet and get a 335d xDrive M Sport? Probably arrive before you get your R.

You've hit the nail on the head there fast, comfortable barge (although not as big as a 5 series, still comfortably bigger than the R), huge swathes of diesel torque and lots of power. It probably is a lot more solid feeling than a MK7 (especially with the new thinner panels). It is a different car to the R, but would I prefer the nimble R to the straight line power of the 335D? Perception of rep mobile (at the higher end of the scale) is there. Was very surprised the other week to notice taht the Skoda Superb has better wind noise insulation than the MK7. Lease or not, buying a £41k car for £31k and seeing probably £20k of it back after 3 years is one hell of a deal. My missus would not drive it though, but she would drive the R. If I get a job at hers following redundancy (some suitable roles interviewing soon) we would only need 1 car and I wouldn't want it to be one she won't touch else i'll have to buy her a mini or Polo GTI.

You've hit the nail on the head there fast, comfortable barge (although not as big as a 5 series, still comfortably bigger than the R), huge swathes of diesel torque and lots of power. It probably is a lot more solid feeling than a MK7 (especially with the new thinner panels). It is a different car to the R, but would I prefer the nimble R to the straight line power of the 335D? Perception of rep mobile (at the higher end of the scale) is there. Was very surprised the other week to notice taht the Skoda Superb has better wind noise insulation than the MK7. Lease or not, buying a £41k car for £31k and seeing probably £20k of it back after 3 years is one hell of a deal. My missus would not drive it though, but she would drive the R. If I get a job at hers following redundancy (some suitable roles interviewing soon) we would only need 1 car and I wouldn't want it to be one she won't touch else i'll have to buy her a mini or Polo GTI.

As for myself, I strongly feel that moving from a BMW to a VW is going downmarket.

As the M135i and S3 don't wow me with their looks and as I got a cracking cheap deal on the R (water finds its own level), I sensibly got the R.

Does the F30 compare well to the G7R in the interior quality stakes? My E70 X5 was nowhere near as well built or as 'premium' as the Golf. (Granted it was 6 years older.)

It does. And the new LCI (updated version) will have an even higher quality interior. Leather is standard on the 335i, 330d and 335d and you can spec leather on dashboard and doors. There is also Individual leather as an option which is amazing.

It does. And the new LCI (updated version) will have an even higher quality interior. Leather is standard on the 335i, 330d and 335d and you can spec leather on dashboard and doors. There is also Individual leather as an option which is amazing.

I like the 335 but for these sort of lease prices I could get a Cayman: http://www.intelligentcarleasing.com/deals/bmw/3-series/#so=&q=335&m=869&r=35

Different beasts I know but still!

As for myself, I strongly feel that moving from a BMW to a VW is going downmarket.

As the M135i and S3 don't wow me with their looks and as I got a cracking cheap deal on the R (water finds its own level), I sensibly got the R.

I went from a very poor new 11 plate BMW X3 M Sport to an excellent 60 plate Ford Focus RS.  I know they are very different breeds but the RS was 10 times the car the X3 was. 

I like the 335 but for these sort of lease prices I could get a Cayman: http://www.intelligentcarleasing.com/deals/bmw/3-series/#so=&q=335&m=869&r=35

Different beasts I know but still!

Not the best choice on lease, but a cash buy on a 24.5% discount should come in at the equivalent of a straight £300 a month (no deposit) in depreciation suffered for the 335. I'm going to satisfy my curiosity at the weekend by trying to snag a test drive at my local BMW dealer. My perception is still that it's more of a fast motorway miles muncher than a fun little car to hoy around.

Was impressed by the level of service at Mill car clinic (BMW) recently. Current 3 series looks massively better than the last one.

Best times to lease BMWs is to order in Sept. A 330d M Sport with Business Nav could be had for £252 + VAT, 8k miles, 6+23. But you have to add quite a few options to make it into a really nice car.

monkeyhanger: You should try an sDrive with adaptive suspension. Terrific ride and handling in Sport mode.

1. An Oct 2014 G7R order will get delivered to the UK in Mar / Apr 2015. Five to 6 months is normal right now.

2. Ring VW UK Customer Services tomorrow morning for free on 0800 333 666, or 0800 0833 914. Ask them for your "tracker number". Ask them the status of the tracker. They will tell you, after passing normal security checks, of course.

3. Write back here and update.

The G7R is the best car in its class. Worth the wait.

So how exactly do you get your tracker number when you have no idea who the supplying dealer is, whether the car is in your name or the leasing companies name etc. I can't see VW being any help with a call simply saying "I ordered a car around 22 October, my name is X can you tell me when/if it's ever going to arrive?"

i checked the the only thing I signed so far when I got home. It's an agreement to a credit check for finance pre-approval. It actually states in the T&C that it's not a binding contract and no formal contract is made until finance papers are signed. So looks like I could walk away if I want.

I think I'll take a wee look at what other deals are about. Won't be looking at a 335d though and definitely not an x-drive. Test drove one and thought it was amusingly quick but definitely more an autobahn bruiser. I think I need a little break from BMWs anyway, last 4 cars have been BMW.

Don't listen to R400, there is no way you can ring VWCS and get a tracking number if the car isn't in your name (and it won't be if it's a lease).

Good news on the paperwork. Did you have to pay an up front admin fee? Some brokers require it, some accept it on completion of the final papers.

Paid the admin fee up front but tbh I'm not really that bothered about never seeing that money again. It was a relatively small sum  and although it's better in my bank than theirs it's probably not worth the value of my time chasing it.

We'll see how it goes, I won't make any snap decisions. I bet they try to rush through the paperwork now to try get me by the short and curlies.