All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I would get a second opinion on the claimed 400bhp. As others have said 400bhp from a stage 1 is approx 20-40 bhp more than average. Get another dyno run from a well respected and different dyno, should help you make your decision. If you find this also reads close to 400 then probably no point in spending more. However if this dyno run reads 370 you may want to make that jump. Dyno’s can vary massively and really only provide pub talk bhp figures. It’s how the car drives that counts, not what bhp it supposedly develops. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. If your running close to stage 2 numbers without hardware, is there much point spending the cash for little if any gain? If it ain't broke, don't kix it. On the flip side, a decent induction kit, intercooler and downpipe will help run the car ad achieve stage 2 figures responsibly. The clutch sounds like a must though.
  4. What Rebecca said....Excellent advice...
  5. Driving was one of life’s first freedoms, the exhilaration the sound, your first powerful car, first convertible. Sure we’ve all driven badly at some point, but it is going to end. The best thing you can do is keep a car which is registered before this date, for as long as you can. To be honest though, the soulless electric transport device we end up with at some point, will not be as painful as those middle lane hogging zombies that frequent our roads. It’s for the best really, driving has been ruined by health and safety and zombies. Track days will be where the fun is, or karting Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Keep the silver mirror caps...They look awesome in my opinion...(adds a touch of class)...
  7. Today
  8. Royal starring wheel retrim was £150 a few years back or you can get a DIY kit from AliExpress for about £30 and see it up yourself. Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  9. I've got white on my white R, never red! Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  10. Flat, tapered, conical or radius - it's an important safety issue to have the correct profile and length for all road wheel bolts or nuts (otherwise your wheels may wobble, or even worse, fall off ! )
  11. Seems like a right muppet to me, if the speed humps were really 6" high I'm sure there would be a lot more people complaining.
  12. I've got just a red R on my side badges, I prefer the look that way. ( I do have a blue R on the bottom of my steering wheel). To me red seemed to look better on a white car (which may be why VW use red accents on the GTI)
  13. Yesterday
  14. Happy to help, what I mean is the tuner would have set higher boost numbers to be making that sort of power. It’s all within the ecu programming to set the boost. Its well known that the APR HO stage 1 and 2 tunes run higher boost than many other tunes around 26-28 psi. From what I’ve read 28 is the max you’d want to run on stock turbo. In regards to intakes etc it’s known that for performance alone it’s best value to just put panel filter in stock box, remove snow grate and open up direct air path. Works same as aftermarket at fraction of cost, just doesn’t give you the turbo induction sounds (which I love) so worth every cent for me to have upgraded. Many modify stock intake snd run turbo technics inlet pipe as next best bang for buck performance gain and maximises stage 1 tune. Hope that helps.
  15. Yep, was being lazy. Just found thread but no prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Hi. Very recent posts on this Forum re Royal steering wheels for you to check out. Alcantara, Leather, colours, textures etc. Look Wow . Good luck.
  17. Thanks! Certainly don't regret my choice of colour, as you say looks great when clean and glossy. Will definitely do it in sections next time to make it easier. Luckily used some carpro Ech2o diluted down to a quick detailer and that seemed to get rid of a couple of rouge water spots left!
  18. I kept the OEM Springs and dampers for the reason of 2. 1. I have DCC and like it. But it's likely to be to soft for me now at this level of mods... 2. The car is a DD and I can't stand a lowered car scraping all over when hitting a bump... [emoji4] Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk
  19. Bollox. as soon as anyone uses the phrase 'liberal governments of the world', you know it's bollox. what liberal governments?
  20. Thanks, all very useful info esp around upgrading the airflow as a priority. So I don’t really understand what you mean by running high boost numbers...I’m a bit of a newcomer to all the performance car lingo fml. Are you suggesting it’s got a hardware mod from a previous owner to up the boost? Or are you suggesting the remap has reprogrammed to overclock the boost? Go easy on me ; )
  21. Guys, Missus is hassling me for ideas for my birthday and I honestly don’t need anything. So to save me getting more socks and pants or worse still another best husband mug or sign for the garage! Can anyone point me in the direction of a decent gel plate or steering wheel cover, I think I’ve seen one in sort of suede with a ring at the top? Think it might be a club sport rep? Or any other golf related deals and I will be eternally grateful! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity