All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Have you tried using the enter button? That works on mine, it brings the call in to the dash display and IIRC you enter again to hang up. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  3. The airbag delete was easy just ordered resistors off Ebay, I haven't got around to sorting out the heating wiring just yet. They are so comfortable, great seats, good choice! Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
  4. It might be worth doing a bit more research on the Milteks too, I have an idea that a few people have had corrosion issues resulting in perforation of the back box on the Rs.
  5. You might want to try a test sit before buying extra seats for your Transporter - the seating position is way higher so the Golf seats might be uncomfortable when sitting in a more upright position. As far as being slow VW did offer a GTI engine and 4motion AWD for the Transporter (unfortunately not in Oz), with an ECU tune (and not too much weight on board) I'd imagine it would be quite a surprise packet for a van
  6. Been looking for pics of an estate with the raceingline 360 wheels as I’m thinking of getting them. Looks great! Is yours lowered and do you have spacers? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Yesterday
  8. Yes thanks. They are enormous my friend. But an acquired taste I think, And I ain’t yet acquired it. Haha.
  9. Over the past few days: fitted black roof rails, black mirror caps, swapped over to summer wheels and then cleaned her. 😉
  10. Hello everyone, As the title suggests, I'm a new owner. I recently picked up a manual, Limestone Grey version on a 65 Plate and haven't stopped smiling since.
  11. Thanks for the comment guys, was keen to see if there was any feedback, from pictures they look okay - but you never know until it’s been installed. Looks like it’s probably best to stick with the popular Miltek route! @Ismet_U - If you find a link please share this as would be interested to see how it looks/sounds.
  12. Don’t think DCC or Nav Pro has ever been standard mate. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  13. In a word, no. Absolutely no giveaway signs that a car has it. You need to see a pic of the display screen. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. Are these easy to fit/replace as mine look a little faded/rough
  15. Yeah, I did see one of those when I was searching for silicone wraps. Can't go wrong for 2 quid. Cheers R-Estate.
  16. Oh snap!! Those look great man. Not for the moment, would love to do them alcantara over winter, but that's mega bucks and I need to calm down before I am divorced 😂😂😂😂. Have you figured what to do with the wiring?
  17. Hi op With around a £24k budget I’ve just been through a similar journey that you’re now on. Took me three months to find the right car, DSG, Prets. Nav, DCC, low milage but worth the wait and having to be really patient without compromise. Adding to other posts; What I found in my journey was - late 16/ early 17 build cars had DCC, Nav pro and heated seats as standard. (but do check) CarPlay is standard on MIB2 head units but needs activation if not done so already, around £250 from a dealer. Leather was a nice to have for me but not a pre-requisite and few came up, maybe 1 in 15 iirc. Seemed that black/cream Vienna leather often came with Pan roof and Black Vienna’s didn’t. Hope the above helps and good luck in your search. J.
  18. I never paid much attention to how hot it got but did fit it inside a heat resistant mat. Similar you would use for hair straighteners. Something like this - HEAT PROOF IRON/ STYLER MAT IV HAIR STRAIGHTENERS [Misc.] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005M91ZLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2mIVCb7MDW071 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Been camping all weekend in the California. When I got home and swapped the vehicles over in the unit it felt so much better being in the R again. The seats are so much better in the golf than the T5. Half tempted to find a set and fit them in the van. While away I kept forgetting I wasn't in the golf as the van doesn't handle corners as well and bloody slow [emoji85] Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  20. They don't, only on the front.
  21. Hey guys, recently installed a JB4 and can't help but notice that the unit gets incredibly hot ; I've placed it inbetween the air box and the battery, and, as an interim solution, I've put it inside of one half of an oven glove but is there a better solution to keep the temp down that somebody else has stumbled across?
  22. Just get Xpel installed immediately and choose whatever color you like the most.
  23. Be careful as the prices can be inflated then discounted on Eurocarparts. Google the part before you hit buy just in case.
  24. Thanks @Ismet_U. It looks like AdSense is dumping promoted content in to advertisement slots. I'll take a look at the AdSense control panel when I get chance.
  25. Thanks for the insight on the DCC, tricky to know if a car has it from looking at the ad (I gather most non VW dealers might not know its there?) Is there an easy way of spotting it other than relying on an image of the centre console or confirming on the phone?
  1. Load more activity