Booth11

Thoughts on the R - Bec's DBP

12 hours ago, Matt7R said:

Nice paddles - need a yellow accent though! emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Great pics of your trip - what a shame the weather wasn't better

---------------------------------------------
Come on, get up. Let me see your bruises.
---------------------------------------------

😂  There’s only one Yellowmeister on here!  😁

Cheers.  The weather was typically British!  But still some great roads to drive and the mist and lashing rain just added to the fun!  

51 minutes ago, MTW26 said:

Paddles look awesome! Exactly what I was after, really OEM+, I’ve just ordered a set to replace the S2T’s also, thanks for the tip!

Thanks Max. Happy to share.  Been using mine for a good few miles now and really pleased with them. 

On 08/11/2020 at 18:14, Wagon R said:

I’ve just ordered those paddles. I'll take a look at your guide once they arrive.  Thanks for sharing. :afro:

I’m going to guess that one of the parcels in this delivery photo is my paddles - but unfortunately, I may never find out as the lying delivery driver never bothered to actually deliver anything. I have CCTV and a Ring camera so I can prove this is the case. 

To say I’m miffed is an understatement. 😡

053E24D6-F5CF-444D-9986-F2ECF9A87AEE.png

11 minutes ago, Wagon R said:

To say I’m miffed is an understatement. 😡

053E24D6-F5CF-444D-9986-F2ECF9A87AEE.png

No!  That’s terrible.  How annoying and frustrating.  Who’s the courier, Hermes?   Is that a photo from the courier van seat then?  Hardly proof of delivery! Aren’t they supposed to take a pic on the residence doorstep?  Well some couriers do (DPD etc).  Looks like you’ve got plenty of evidence to go to them with.  

17 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

No!  That’s terrible.  How annoying and frustrating.  Who’s the courier, Hermes?   Is that a photo from the courier van seat then?  Hardly proof of delivery! Aren’t they supposed to take a pic on the residence doorstep?  Well some couriers do (DPD etc).  Looks like you’ve got plenty of evidence to go to them with.  

It looks like a car seat, but whatever it is, it’s not my doorstep. And you guessed right, it’s Hermes. I’ve had dealings with them before when someone bought a wheel from me and sent them to collect it. It left me in pristine condition and apparently arrived battered. I sent him the CCTV footage of the driver throwing the carefully bubble and cardboard wrapped wheel into the back of the van - despite my marking it fragile on every surface - the buyer was compensated.

I can’t understand why anyone uses them?

2 hours ago, Wagon R said:

It looks like a car seat, but whatever it is, it’s not my doorstep. And you guessed right, it’s Hermes. I’ve had dealings with them before when someone bought a wheel from me and sent them to collect it. It left me in pristine condition and apparently arrived battered. I sent him the CCTV footage of the driver throwing the carefully bubble and cardboard wrapped wheel into the back of the van - despite my marking it fragile on every surface - the buyer was compensated.

I can’t understand why anyone uses them?

Sounds like you had bad experiences with them : (   I think it can very much depend on the individual courier person.  The lady (Lou) that delivers for Hermes to my area is fantastic. Had something delivered today and she took the photo  at the door as they are supposed to.  

I feel for you, I hope that you get your parcel and a full explanation from Hermes about the situation.  

So… the package was eventually delivered at 3pm by a neighbour that lives 50 meters away! Great, I thought - simple mistake to make. But...

847223508_BrokenPaddle.thumb.JPG.f60b8de2ec5c53b2aaf8ccf058b41b66.JPG

Now I’m not sure whether to fit it and hope it doesn’t wobble, or return it without trying. Currently waiting for the seller to respond. Seller just responded and says it should be okay to fit and won’t be visible, but If I want them to ship another to let them know - I like these guys. 👏

1 hour ago, Wagon R said:

So… the package was eventually delivered at 3pm by a neighbour that lives 50 meters away! Great, I thought - simple mistake to make. But...

Now I’m not sure whether to fit it and hope it doesn’t wobble, or return it without trying. Currently waiting for the seller to respond. Seller just responded and says it should be okay to fit and won’t be visible, but If I want them to ship another to let them know - I like these guys. 👏

I think you'll be fine, they only take a few minutes to fit.

1 hour ago, Wagon R said:

Well I’m glad you got them, eventually, but that’s a shame that there’s a piece broken off in transit.  It definitely won’t be visible and I doubt it will affect the fit and function, but As Bobby says, they take only minutes to fit so best fit them and see how they are.  Then if they’re not right you can ask for another set to be posted out to you.  That’s a great response and service by nczworks!  Let us know how they are when you’ve tried them. 

Fitted!

There’s a very slight wobble in both paddles, so I don’t think the chipped one is any the worse for wear and they feel fairly solid. I have to drive 80 miles up country tomorrow (essential travel), so It’ll be a good test for them - Ive left the old ones and small nose pliers in the glovebox, just in case though.

I’ll update when I get back. 

1 minute ago, Wagon R said:

Fitted!

There’s a very slight wobble in both paddles, so I don’t think the chipped one is any the worse for wear and they feel fairly solid. I have to drive 80 miles up country tomorrow (essential travel), so It’ll be a good test for them - Ive left the old ones and small nose pliers in the glovebox, just in case though.

I’ll update when I get back. 

Excellent!  

Hopefully your drive out will be a good test and fingers crossed they are all good.  Good idea to have the originals and tools to hand if you decide they need to go back on. 

I’d say a slight wobble may be a characteristic of these paddles and normal.  I think in my post-install write up on them (in paddle thread) I mentioned there was very slight lateral play in both (compared to my previous S2Ts), but evident only if you physically wiggled them and of no notice or significance in use.  Having used mine now for over 1k miles, I can say that is the case, no issues at all, they don’t wobble in use or when in motion.

On 21/11/2020 at 18:24, Booth11 said:

Excellent!  

Hopefully your drive out will be a good test and fingers crossed they are all good.  Good idea to have the originals and tools to hand if you decide they need to go back on. 

I’d say a slight wobble may be a characteristic of these paddles and normal.  I think in my post-install write up on them (in paddle thread) I mentioned there was very slight lateral play in both (compared to my previous S2Ts), but evident only if you physically wiggled them and of no notice or significance in use.  Having used mine now for over 1k miles, I can say that is the case, no issues at all, they don’t wobble in use or when in motion.

Well, I’m back from my drive and they performed better than expected. Don’t feel the wobble at all when you actually use them as you should. The seller has offered a $20 partial refund and I’m more than happy to accept the compensation. They feel genuine and look great - I couldn’t be happier.  :thumbsup:

41 minutes ago, Wagon R said:

Well, I’m back from my drive and they performed better than expected. Don’t feel the wobble at all when you actually use them as you should. The seller has offered a $20 partial refund and I’m more than happy to accept the compensation. They feel genuine and look great - I couldn’t be happier.  :thumbsup:

Ah that’s good to hear Strawbs.  Glad the paddles all work as they should and you’re very happy with them.  I think they are well worth it.  And good news that you’re getting a part refund for the transit damage too, that’s decent customer service.  :)