Booth11

What detailing have you done today?

Cleaned it in the rain.  Well it had stopped but typically started pouring down again half way through the wash!  Got it done but had to forego the niceties of tail pipe polishing and tyre dressing as it was just too wet.  Finished and the rain stopped and now sunny!   Better than it was. 

44426326870_381f4ddc67_o.jpg

46192699492_90c986b76f_o.jpg

I finally managed a partial wash on mine -- but only foam/rinse/dry before it started to p*ss it down and I gave up.  🙄

At least it's superficially clean now and the windscreen, windows and mirrors should be free of grease (for a while).

I might get more done tomorrow morning.

I gave the interior a good clean.  It was very very overdue!  

Used a combo of Swissvax Quick Interior Finish on plastic trim and Gliptone Leather Cleaner and Gliptone Leather Conditioner on all leather (and trusty WoWo microfibres). Metrovac Vac n Blo to vacuum out the piles of gravel, leaves and mud from foot wells.  Compressed air, ValetPro detailing brush to chase out the dust in the nooks.

45614702754_19b4d84c4b_o.jpg

45614702894_ec8374c799_o.jpg

45614702884_e8a9282448_o.jpg

45425819405_f689642ff8_o.jpg

Braved the freezing wind on Saturday morning to detail this 9 year old, 84k miler kuga for a friend. 

Couldn't get it washed quick enough to get it in the garage with the door shut and my space heater on. 

Best transformation I've ever had in though!

Sealed with Gyeon Syncro too for a good few years protection. 

IMG_20181216_220219_788.jpg

Given my new daily it's first wash in my ownership just to get some protection on it. 

Gyeon bathe +

Gyeon wet coat (which smeared terribly so removed that)

Gyeon cure wipe down to protect paint until I get time to detail. 

Engine bay apc'd and jet washed then dressed whilst wet. 

Full detail in new year when time allows. 

Also need to get windows tinted and maybe rear view camera. 

20181222_151545.jpg

20181222_151508.jpg

20181222_144546.jpg

20181222_134049.jpg

20181222_134024.jpg

Took advantage of the dry warm weather to give the wagon a clean and a fresh coat of wax.

rcd.JPG

rcd1.JPG

What’s dry & warm weather Twitch? I’ve not seen that in forever and ocd is kicking in that the car needs cleaned ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

27 minutes ago, Camshi said:

What’s dry & warm weather Twitch? I’ve not seen that in forever and ocd is kicking in that the car needs cleaned ASAP

For December it was unseasonably warm today...  topped about 14°C here

19 hours ago, jrw said:

Gyeon wet coat (which smeared terribly so removed that)

I have to admit, I have gone off these water activated products on the paint. Main reason is that it's impossible not to spray some on the windscreen, which then sets and plays silly buggers with the wipers/rain and needs claying off. However, I love them for the wheels: Wash, hit with Hydro2 Lite, pressure rinse, dry with leaf blower, job done in no time.

4 minutes ago, JonSW said:

I have to admit, I have gone off these water activated products on the paint. Main reason is that it's impossible not to spray some on the windscreen, which then sets and plays silly buggers with the wipers/rain and needs claying off. However, I love them for the wheels: Wash, hit with Hydro2 Lite, pressure rinse, dry with leaf blower, job done in no time.

Never had issue with that. I think it's just gone off from being in the garage too long, that and the paint work is very grabby at the moment due to all the containments from the last 4 years. 

Cure removes the smears very easily though. 

I even use cure on the windscreen with no adverse effect. 

1 hour ago, jrw said:

I even use cure on the windscreen with no adverse effect. 

I often wonder if, instead of trying to avoid the windscreen and getting some spots on, it isn't better to just treat the screen at the same time like you say. I'm planning to back to wax in the Spring so the whole point will be moot for me.

For December it was unseasonably warm today...  topped about 14°C here

I managed overcast and misty, but at least it wasn’t p’ing down.

So mines got the works including decontamination as well, troubles of light coloured cars, OCD spots EVERYTHING!

c6f4df14f5bbf197f29e57d90969e768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro