Booth11

What detailing have you done today?

No worries, I'll let you know and should hopefully be able to post some pics tonight, just fitted the black grills and resin plates to her today.

let me know when you need some more Quarts and I'll put you in touch with the correct person.

Garagevac is ace, you have to wrestle the hose a little but I'm putting that down to it being brand new. 

Cheers Neil, I'll give you a shout when I need some more Quarts.  :afro:

Yeah I expect the hose will loosen up with a few uses.  Expect mine will be the same. Need to be careful the hose doesn't drag against the outer bodywork. Going to be ultra careful tomorrow.

Booth, that isn't Hurdys car is it?

Same colour, but not so sure.  His had a lot of mods including a few exterior ones like CF bonnet and badges.  I read he was selling/has sold it, maybe it all went back to stock?

I know it's not even a VeeDub but here is some of my handy work:-

13AAE3D8-4FEA-41E4-9563-B4ED58C0AA4D_zps

BD82D2F2-6F60-4F83-9DC1-C213A8C89BEE_zps

FD6D8085-6C83-48DF-815B-3D4E0D0B5EDD_zps

EED72736-9091-4C5F-92FC-B9EFFBB46D80_zps

9F7F1234-E6C3-46F3-BD3B-E2EBC9BC2C32_zps

Just in case anyone is wondering, the cloths on the back bumper are there incase the rear number plates falls off, lol! I was worried that the bonding tape didn't feel that sticky!,,

Just in case anyone is wondering, the cloths on the back bumper are there incase the rear number plates falls off, lol! I was worried that the bonding tape didn't feel that sticky!,,

It looks beautiful even though it's not a VW

13AAE3D8-4FEA-41E4-9563-B4ED58C0AA4D_zps

BD82D2F2-6F60-4F83-9DC1-C213A8C89BEE_zps

FD6D8085-6C83-48DF-815B-3D4E0D0B5EDD_zps

EED72736-9091-4C5F-92FC-B9EFFBB46D80_zps

9F7F1234-E6C3-46F3-BD3B-E2EBC9BC2C32_zps

I've said it before Neil but that is a beautiful colour and I much prefer this M4 to your recently departed i8.  

I am loving the gloss you've achieved, especially evident in the bonnet pic.  Very, very impressive.  Would you say the gloss is a result of the CG VO7 sealant, the Swissvax or the combination of the two together?   Got a couple of panel pots of Swissvax as upcoming birthday present.  

I've said it before Neil but that is a beautiful colour and I much prefer this M4 to your recently departed i8.  

I am loving the gloss you've achieved, especially evident in the bonnet pic.  Very, very impressive.  Would you say the gloss is a result of the CG VO7 sealant, the Swissvax or the combination of the two together?   Got a couple of panel pots of Swissvax as upcoming birthday presents.  

Not sure is the quick answer, the vo7 has gloss enhancers in it so is more of a hybrid sealant.

ill let everyone know about the longevity etc once it's been outside. I haven't driven it since Xmas eve and was gonna try and leave it until I go back to work, lol!

Not sure is the quick answer, the vo7 has gloss enhancers in it so is more of a hybrid sealant.

ill let everyone know about the longevity etc once it's been outside. I haven't driven it since Xmas eve and was gonna try and leave it until I go back to work, lol!

Cheers Neil.  Keep it tucked away in the nice cosy garage haven until first day back at work.  :wink:  :cool:

Finished working on the detail today. Has been completed in various stages over the past couple of weeks.

Nanolex Ultra Glass all round

Gtechniq C5 on the wheels

Christmas Eve

Snow Foam

Wash 2BM

Gyeon Q2M Tar

Iron X

Clayed the bonnet as if felt very rough. Still not completely smooth

Zaino Z-AIO

Zaino Z-5

Zaino Z-6

2 x Zaino Z-8

Today

Snow Foam

Wash 2Bm

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z-6

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z6

Zaino Z-8

Polished Exhaust with Metal Twins Kit

b1564bf6-8a3c-4a13-9bc9-ce8beeca2eee_zps

f062b21d-00a9-4e98-a92c-a086007fbbdd_zps

Pretty happy with the finish saying I'm new to this. All I am missing is something to clean/coat the rubber seals with and a decent tyre coating. I have bought both AF Satin and Zaino Z-16. Not been that impressed with either, only want a matte finished but something a bit darker and longer lasting.

There are a couple of scratched in the paintwork (already a stone chip on the bonnet :cry: ). I may treat myself to a DA polisher and have a go at removing them myself but need to read a bit more DW before I attempt this!

Finished working on the detail today. Has been completed in various stages over the past couple of weeks.

Christmas Eve

Snow Foam

Wash 2BM

Gyeon Q2M Tar

Iron X

Zaino Z-AIO

Zaino Z-5

Zaino Z-6

2 x Zaino Z-8

Today

Snow Foam

Wash 2Bm

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z-6

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z6

Zaino Z-8

Pretty happy with the finish saying I'm new to this. All I am missing is something to clean/coat the rubber seals with and a decent tyre coating. I have bought both AF Satin and Zaino Z-16. Not been that impressed with either, only want a matte finished but something a bit darker and longer lasting.

There are a couple of scratched in the paintwork (already a stone chip on the bonnet :cry: ). I may treat myself to a DA polisher and have a go at removing them myself but need to read a bit more DW before I attempt this!

Looks epic, nice one!

Booth will have a trim dressing for you I'm sure!

Christmas Eve

Snow Foam

Wash 2BM

Gyeon Q2M Tar

Iron X

Zaino Z-AIO

Zaino Z-5

Zaino Z-6

2 x Zaino Z-8

Today

Snow Foam

Wash 2Bm

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z-6

Zaino Z-2

Zaino Z6

Zaino Z-8

That looks like an amazing job you've done there!

Car looks fantastic. When I coated the car yesterday I used c2v3 on all the rubber seals as well as the the panels and windscreen as it can be used on pretty much anything and there is a noticeable difference that makes them look more deep black now.

Car looks amazing, great job.  :afro:

As you like Zaino stuff have you tried the Z-16 on your rubber seals?  See you're not keen on it on tyres but as you've got some already worth a go on the rubber seals maybe as it is suitable for both.   I've tried it on tyres and like you was not impressed, didn't rate it at all.  

Or the suggestion of C2v3?  Haven't felt the need for anything on my seals yet but if I did I'd most likely try the C2v3 just because I have some already.  In the past I've used Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel on seals and tyres and pretty good on both but a bit messy to apply on seals without getting any on the paintwork.

For tyres - Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel is good and Gtechniq T1 or Gyeon Q2 Tire worth a look.

Anyway - fantastic job.  :cool:

Why oh why have VW given the R/GTD estate the shocking bog standard rear lights from base models?!

Looks cracking though. Top effort. Do t have the time or patience for detailing to that level at all ha

Nice one. Is the Mk6 your car? You a pro detailer?

Out of interest which DoDo sealant and wax did you use?

Sorry for all the questions, lol.

Yeah it's mine. It's Gaz old car not hurdy.

Not a pro at all. Just stuff collected over years. Dodo hard candy and red mist main things. Seems to do the job well.

I think I'm going to get the front wrapped in xpel self repair protection film as track life is harsh on the front end.

Yeah it's mine. It's Gaz old car not hurdy.

Not a pro at all. Just stuff collected over years. Dodo hard candy and red mist main things. Seems to do the job well.

I think I'm going to get the front wrapped in xpel self repair protection film as track life is harsh on the front end.

Ah!  Great to see another forum member's car has gone to a good home and is getting continued TLC.  :afro:

Another fan here of DJ waxes, especially the Pro versions, Blue Velvet, Purple Haze, Supernatural, the Blue Velvet Pro being my go to wax. Also use Tropical Red Mist to top of their waxes now and then.

Nice unit you have to do your detailing in.  :afro:

Ah! Great to see another forum member's car has gone to a good home and is getting continued TLC. :afro:

Another fan here of DJ waxes, especially the Pro versions, Blue Velvet, Purple Haze, Supernatural, the Blue Velvet Pro being my go to wax. Also use Tropical Red Mist to top of their waxes now and then.

Nice unit you have to do your detailing in. :afro:

Yeah got to keep it looking good as well as driving it properly.

Yeah my pal owns a tuning centre so it's a perk I can use this space, along with dyno etc...