Booth11

What detailing have you done today?

Did my r today inbetween the rain. 

So rinsed car, then snow foam, rinse, then citrus pre wash, rinse, 2 bucket wash x 2, rinse, dry, iron x, then rinse, dry then poor boys applied, followed by a rinse due to the rain, dry, so quickly applied some wax, trying to use old stuff before using the new, so stuck with collinite 845.

Before

DSC_1953.thumb.JPG.81d3e6adedec839bbac59944d513cadc.JPG

DSC_1954.thumb.JPG.88056516168a9e55eaa28828dd054c3a.JPG

Iron x doing its thing, mixed with a bit of rain 😔 

DSC_1958.thumb.JPG.1ac537a8ca2fcb4b66e24c228d60d998.JPG

After

DSC_1960.thumb.JPG.34ce82b42e0bd7e16d91a807c00c82a8.JPG

Things left to do are proper clean of wheels, exhaust tips. 

The amount of stone chips I have is mad, never had so many, my last car did 54k miles and had less than the r! 

Having not touched the car for over a month, i gave it a prerinse, snow foam and then light maintenance wash.

Really happy with the collinite

This is after snow foam - not touched the car still but pretty good beading I thought...

https://youtu.be/Lt2z31I22CE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, gazza5 said:

Did my r today inbetween the rain. 

So rinsed car, then snow foam, rinse, then citrus pre wash, rinse, 2 bucket wash x 2, rinse, dry, iron x, then rinse, dry then poor boys applied, followed by a rinse due to the rain, dry, so quickly applied some wax, trying to use old stuff before using the new, so stuck with collinite 845.

Before

DSC_1953.thumb.JPG.81d3e6adedec839bbac59944d513cadc.JPG

DSC_1954.thumb.JPG.88056516168a9e55eaa28828dd054c3a.JPG

Iron x doing its thing, mixed with a bit of rain 😔 

DSC_1958.thumb.JPG.1ac537a8ca2fcb4b66e24c228d60d998.JPG

After

DSC_1960.thumb.JPG.34ce82b42e0bd7e16d91a807c00c82a8.JPG

Things left to do are proper clean of wheels, exhaust tips. 

The amount of stone chips I have is mad, never had so many, my last car did 54k miles and had less than the r! 

Lovely job!  

Having not touched the car for over a month, i gave it a prerinse, snow foam and then light maintenance wash.

Really happy with the collinite

This is after snow foam - not touched the car still but pretty good beading I thought...

https://youtu.be/Lt2z31I22CE

Is the link/video showing? Not sure if it’s my phone/Tapatalk but doesn’t seem to be showing even though I’ve put one in?

59 minutes ago, keano said:

Is the link/video showing? Not sure if it’s my phone/Tapatalk but doesn’t seem to be showing even though I’ve put one in?

No, it’s not showing.  Tapatalk is hit and miss with some things. It’s really far better to log in to the VWROC site proper and paste your link in that way. Look forward to seeing it! 

19 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Lovely job!  

Cheers Booth11, been meaning to do it for so long, just not had time, did have a smile on my face this morning walking out to my clean car. Just got to try and keep on top of it now, hope to apply another 2 coats of Collinite 845, incase there are any gaps in me applying it, its hard on a white car to see if its been on long enough to cure or not.

Just need t protect the wheels now, and work on some of the rubber trim, and buy some more tar remover and also iron x. My back bumper had loads of stuff on it, tried iron x first, then tried the tar remover after, there are still some spots there, so may have to strip the wax off and get claying, or at least re apply iron x etc.

After an embarrassing 2 months of no washes:

1) Wheels with Megs Wheel Brightener, APC for tyres and arches, hand/brush wash and seal with HydrO2

2) APC 'pre-wash' on lower 6" of car plus all the front. It says it's safe for LSPs but I'd like advice on what is the best product for pre-washing the minging bits

3) Snow foam with Bilt Hamber stuff

4) Wash with CarPro Reset with a little Ech2o for lubricity. Modified one bucket wash that I still think is safer than the TBW

5) Dry with leaf dryer/drying towel

6) Coat of Sonax BSD. There should be more BSD and Colly 915 still living under it! I like BSD - it seems to still bead after 2 months.

7) Perl 1:1 on tyres and 1:3 on window rubber trims

7) Angelwax H2Go on windows & mirrors. I stupidly did the windscreen on top of an expiring layer of Aqua Pel (don't like; wipers judder) and it was a pig to buff off. Presumably not much H2Go remains so I guess I need to DA the screen back to glass and apply again. Why I thought adding one repellant over a totally different was a good idea, I really don't know.

No handy picture but it looks way better than when I collected it from the showroom. Mind you it was swirled to death at that point ...

30 minutes ago, JonSW said:

After an embarrassing 2 months of no washes:

1) Wheels with Megs Wheel Brightener, APC for tyres and arches, hand/brush wash and seal with HydrO2

2) APC 'pre-wash' on lower 6" of car plus all the front. It says it's safe for LSPs but I'd like advice on what is the best product for pre-washing the minging bits

3) Snow foam with Bilt Hamber stuff

4) Wash with CarPro Reset with a little Ech2o for lubricity. Modified one bucket wash that I still think is safer than the TBW

5) Dry with leaf dryer/drying towel

6) Coat of Sonax BSD. There should be more BSD and Colly 915 still living under it! I like BSD - it seems to still bead after 2 months.

7) Perl 1:1 on tyres and 1:3 on window rubber trims

7) Angelwax H2Go on windows & mirrors. I stupidly did the windscreen on top of an expiring layer of Aqua Pel (don't like; wipers judder) and it was a pig to buff off. Presumably not much H2Go remains so I guess I need to DA the screen back to glass and apply again. Why I thought adding one repellant over a totally different was a good idea, I really don't know.

No handy picture but it looks way better than when I collected it from the showroom. Mind you it was swirled to death at that point ...

Sounds a very thorough job!  Hopefully you can sort your windscreen out!  

20 hours ago, Booth11 said:

Sounds a very thorough job!  Hopefully you can sort your windscreen out!  

Thanks. I buffed it totally clean so no worries in the short term. However, I doubt there is any H2Go on the screen now so I will probably have to get my Ceri-glass polish and remove the rest of the Aqua Pel before trying out H2Go on the screen. It has worked great on side windows and rear, was still beading water after two months and the rear wiper did not streak or judder so I have high hopes. I loved the way Aqua Pel worked but wipers juddering on the return stroke (at slow speeds when they are needed) was really annoying.

50 minutes ago, JonSW said:

Thanks. I buffed it totally clean so no worries in the short term. However, I doubt there is any H2Go on the screen now so I will probably have to get my Ceri-glass polish and remove the rest of the Aqua Pel before trying out H2Go on the screen. It has worked great on side windows and rear, was still beading water after two months and the rear wiper did not streak or judder so I have high hopes. I loved the way Aqua Pel worked but wipers juddering on the return stroke (at slow speeds when they are needed) was really annoying.

What wiper blades do you have ?  I have the Bosch Aerotwins and haven't noticed any juddering.  I have read a number of reports from Golf owners complaining about wipers, so you are not alone.

59 minutes ago, JonSW said:

Yes best to get rid of anything existing with the polish.  Let us know how you find the H2Go once you’ve sorted the screen out. I use rain repellent (Obsessive Detail RR) sealant on all glass except the front windscreen which I prefer to keep free from anything.  Have used a few things on the front previously some better than others but rather let a decent set of wiper (aerotwins) do the job. Can’t abide any of the dreaded judder! 

The judder is very annoying. I've never used a repellent before but, I have to say, it is fantastic on the motorway in the rain. Much better visibility than wipers. No loss of vision when passing through truck spray. I'll let you all know about the H2Go in due course.