Booth11

What detailing have you done today?

Looks awesome !

I got up to find mine covered in watermarks from the overnight condensation, which I'm not happy about after yesterday's efforts 
After seeing yours I'm wishing I had the energy to wax it, but I haven't !

Could maybe use some QD to tidy it up to put some wax on there perhaps? Should only take a little while, although after a mammoth effort the day before could understand not wanting too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, keano said:

Could maybe use some QD to tidy it up to put some wax on there perhaps? Should only take a little while, although after a mammoth effort the day before could understand not wanting too!!

Yeah I think I might make a start on it now I've had a decent rest and see how I get on :)

2 hours ago, tinman68 said:

I got up to find mine covered in watermarks from the overnight condensation, which I'm not happy about after yesterday's efforts 😢

Always frustrating seeing that after a wash and hours of effort. Unfortunately unavoidable.  But at least it’s not true watermarks (as in limescale) but rather whatever crap is being suspended in the overnight condensation (or rain if it rains).  In some ways wax and other protections compound this issue as they concentrate the residue held in the water into spots and marks and once the water has evaporated you’re left with lots of little marks all over especially horizontal panels,, which are more noticeable on waxed and sealed cars than those without any protection!  

1 hour ago, tinman68 said:

I should have done before and after pics really, but when I collected the car new from the dealers all the black window seals looked like they'd come out of the second hand scraps bin, I was going to make a fuss and request they be replaced but thought I'd give them a really good cleaning and wipe over with 303 protectant first. Fortunately they seem to have come up really well so saves me some potential aggravation...

Tyres now dressed with Meguiars high gloss tyre gel (I like a shiny finish)

Much as I'd love to give it a good waxing with Harly wax I just wouldn't manage it so that's going to have to wait a bit. My wife's going to hoover out the interior this afternoon then we've finished our 3 day effort ! All ready to get it mucky again on Thursday when I head off up to the Midlands 🙄

The rubber window seals are a real poor point of the 7/7.5, much more prone to looking faded and shabby more quickly than the seals on previous models.  But thankfully a decent rubber/trim treatment can work wonders and aerospace 303 is one of the best.  

Dressing the tyres just finishes it all off, I bet it looks fab!  

Have fun, dirtying it up again!  😁 

12 minutes ago, Raiden said:

Had a faint stain on my driver's seat I've not managed to shift. Tried some vanish carpet powder and it's taken it off emoji16.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Should we ask what kind of stain‽ 😁

So, full disclosure, I can’t take the credit for this but it was a full day of detailing and it’s got me so excited I had to share it since it shows the incredible benefits of putting time and effort into properly detailing a car.

I suffer with pretty acute back ache if I work away detailing for too long, plus I’m not an expert and don’t have all the gear.

I have a mobile detailer comes round to the house and spends the day working away. He’s a nice bloke and works flippin hard.

This isn’t my golf R, so not entirely related.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2cePAZJDhR/?igshid=1m1axjbw23x9w

I’ve posted from his Instagram account because he got some good photos too.

The car started off being super swirly. Clearly it had been polished a lot - but not professionally or correctly.

The paint looked ok but was a bit flat in places and whilst from a far it looked alright, closer up you could see the marring.

7753a119a929c02e92498eb7babed6d6.jpgb7ef0ebe3c3b458716538ac47dc31448.jpg

Turned out like this!

40c27a18a40e61ad57cf4a0b99c1084e.jpg76b693387fa5943e920a366764a4ed6c.jpgb3b63f47ae12d5e5e002fc731a695240.jpg

After a through wash I put another sacrificial layer of Nova Lustre on my R today, plus some "Prot" on the rubber and plastic exterior trim. 

Next up is a through clean of the wheels, followed by some Nova Lustre.  I can't believe I've had this car for two years now (and still enjoying it, so it will be a long-term "keeper"). 

EDIT:  Having spent 5 hours removing, washing, removing tar and re-coating my wheels (along with tyre dressing), I've decided I'm too old to do all 4 wheels in one go, so next time I'll only do 2 per day.  2 days later and my back is still complaining.  The windows can wait until my R is dirty enough to need another wash (yeah, I know, I'm a wimp, my excuse is I'm getting old).

After that it will be the glass's turn (deep clean & try out Angelwax H2Go for the first time after good feedback from VWROC members).

Gave mine a scrub after 4k miles (Belgium Germany etc). All I did was snow foam and 2 bucket wash, it needs more wax badly, hoping to do a full detail soon. 

Before (a bit of brake dust) 

DSC_2279.thumb.JPG.dd3a506204c3553b26451a8b75cea7eb.JPG

DSC_2280.thumb.JPG.8a62ae71166ace5a69045626d89228db.JPG

After

DSC_2283.thumb.JPG.1dfe7b3e1cbc2c39c5b5914e91e1aeae.JPG

Yeah I know my kerbed alloys are bad! 😂 

2 hours ago, gazza5 said:

Gave mine a scrub after 4k miles (Belgium Germany etc). All I did was snow foam and 2 bucket wash, it needs more wax badly, hoping to do a full detail soon. 

Before (a bit of brake dust) 

DSC_2279.thumb.JPG.dd3a506204c3553b26451a8b75cea7eb.JPG

DSC_2280.thumb.JPG.8a62ae71166ace5a69045626d89228db.JPG

After

DSC_2283.thumb.JPG.1dfe7b3e1cbc2c39c5b5914e91e1aeae.JPG

Yeah I know my kerbed alloys are bad! 😂 

Nice transformation!  And satisfying! 

My R had not been washed since mid July :shocked: I went over to the dark side and gleefully embraced the dirt for a few weeks. 😈   Anyway that came to an end today when I finally broke out the pressure washer and potions and rejoined the (detailing) Force!  

Dirty boots!

48808328036_7b413d41c5_o.jpg

Snow foam doing its thing 

48808468392_f894ff17ca_o.jpg

48807974778_6c71cfb0d3_o.jpg

48808468022_bf909c5f42_o.jpg

Cleaned and sealed48808326651_16f6c6c911_o.jpg

48807973298_8db8bf6150_o.jpg

48808403006_b43171647a_o.jpg

48808466192_cd00772d6f_o.jpg

48808505052_b0f05ce2e7_o.jpg

48808467692_f21bb62546_o.jpg

48808504522_c48f6fed7e_o.jpg

First snow foaming today 😁. Was quite nervous and was half expecting to blow the neighbours up with foam. Didn't go too badly! Next time I'll be waiting for the car to be fully dry so it doesn't slide off so much, and take a slower approach as missed a few bits!  Proper fun though.

Not the best of days to wash as its on/off rain but had to get the motorway crap off from yesterday 

snow-foam.png