Booth11

What detailing have you done today?

6 minutes ago, JonSW said:

My daughter recently bought her first car - a 2008 Polo 1.2 Match. On acquisition, I subjected it to a very thorough internal clean, partly due Covid but mainly I wanted it to be nice for her. Took the shine off the steering wheel leather and generally went to town with CarPro Inside. The car is in stunning condition any way and looks pretty well new inside.

This morning, I found a gap in the showers to give it a clean before she heads off. It was so liberating to not have to worry about swirl marks! I wanted to clean off whatever shiny stuff the dealer had used so method was:

• One bucket wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate - a strip wash. Used some safe wash techniques like spraying out mitt between panels.
  • I was going to quickly hand polish the bonnet and roof for better sealant adhesion but water behaviour was flat as a pancake after the strip wash!
  • Wheels protected with CarPro H2Go (like Wetcoat)
  • Entire car protected with Turtle Wax Hydrophobic Sealant Wax (or Seal n Shine if you prefer). 
  • Tyres done with Carpro Pearl at 1:1

This is the second car I have used 'Seal n Shine' on and I am deeply impressed. It's so easy to apply as long as you are sparing. The final finish is incredibly glossy, almost frictionless and we all know how long it will last from tests on Youtube! It can be applied on a wet car or in direct sunshine. This was handy as the sun came out part way through and some light drizzle started at the end!!

As it's a first application I used an MF application pad, spraying onto the pad and applying in cross hatch patterns for good coverage. For subsequent coats it will be the 2 MF cloth method.

This product has made me question a lot of what I have on the shelf TBH. The first car I treated with it came out superbly and it really managed to bring out gloss and depth to the Polo, even thought it's not the easiest colour for that. She says she would rather it was Lapiz but I explained you need more than 59bhp to carry off a that sort of colour 😁

polo.jpg

There are a lot of new products coming out now that are a all in one.I tried this shampoo last weekend and it cleans and leaves a nano coating on the car,also leaves it ultra glossy.

2C014F9B-FF97-4845-8428-5A6E51197BBF.thumb.jpeg.726e16fadccb026a06e7cb6554e27915.jpeg848DC946-41E5-4D37-B712-FA5630FDDD51.thumb.jpeg.e29a5f97b62492e06988c73fbd191928.jpeg

It says coating lasts upto 4 months so will use my normal shampoo in between.

24 minutes ago, JonSW said:

My daughter recently bought her first car - a 2008 Polo 1.2 Match. On acquisition, I subjected it to a very thorough internal clean, partly due Covid but mainly I wanted it to be nice for her. Took the shine off the steering wheel leather and generally went to town with CarPro Inside. The car is in stunning condition any way and looks pretty well new inside.

This morning, I found a gap in the showers to give it a clean before she heads off. It was so liberating to not have to worry about swirl marks! I wanted to clean off whatever shiny stuff the dealer had used so method was:

• One bucket wash with Chemical Guys Clean Slate - a strip wash. Used some safe wash techniques like spraying out mitt between panels.
  • I was going to quickly hand polish the bonnet and roof for better sealant adhesion but water behaviour was flat as a pancake after the strip wash!
  • Wheels protected with CarPro H2Go (like Wetcoat)
  • Entire car protected with Turtle Wax Hydrophobic Sealant Wax (or Seal n Shine if you prefer). 
  • Tyres done with Carpro Pearl at 1:1

This is the second car I have used 'Seal n Shine' on and I am deeply impressed. It's so easy to apply as long as you are sparing. The final finish is incredibly glossy, almost frictionless and we all know how long it will last from tests on Youtube! It can be applied on a wet car or in direct sunshine. This was handy as the sun came out part way through and some light drizzle started at the end!!

As it's a first application I used an MF application pad, spraying onto the pad and applying in cross hatch patterns for good coverage. For subsequent coats it will be the 2 MF cloth method.

This product has made me question a lot of what I have on the shelf TBH. The first car I treated with it came out superbly and it really managed to bring out gloss and depth to the Polo, even thought it's not the easiest colour for that. She says she would rather it was Lapiz but I explained you need more than 59bhp to carry off a that sort of colour 😁

polo.jpg

Nice job, and a lovely first car for your daughter.  She must be thrilled with it! 

Few weeks since its had any detailing love, so gave it a good wash today.  

The usual.....wheel cleaner prewash (Wo-Wo), tyre cleaner (Gyeon) snow foam (Bilt Hamber Auto Foam, citrus prewash (ValetPro cP), 2 bucket wash (Swissvax Car Bath), rinsed, dried (Gyeon Silk Dryer), Tyres dressed (Gyeon Tire), glass cleaved (Gtechniq G6) and tailpipes polished (Mothers Mag and Aluminium Polish).  

50053392773_0614e1e9cf_o.jpg

50053341588_2f6fc48f57_o.jpg

50053392648_a7421b2cfd_o.jpg

On 28/06/2020 at 09:27, Kneel said:

I`m liking the Polo, lovely colour -  even better than Lapiz  😉

Thanks - I'm going to link her to your post!

On 27/06/2020 at 23:31, Booth11 said:

Nice job, and a lovely first car for your daughter.  She must be thrilled with it! 

Cheers! Yes, she is. It's immaculate outside & in, having been mainly one owner and low mileage. It's certainly not typical of a 12 year old Polo. 

17 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Washed it.

Then a quick once over to add some gloss with Beadmaker 😎

Only took me two and a half hours :thumbsup:

Should have taken you two hours and thirty one minutes so you could take a pic. 😁

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Should have taken you two hours and thirty one minutes so you could take a pic. 😁

It would probably take me another 2 hours 30 to take a pic, somehow get the pic on to the computer and than somehow post the pic on here 🤨

2f83f5368a6008bc1dc42118e68ddeee.jpg

0f06e280df5a46344f286b3afa7a5c9c.jpg

465bbd2ed1bd40c6fe2c05b76e91f509.jpg

f5cd4fa9dcf2a9ef6d01735a8a187c30.jpg

00d2b57ea5fd2b86f8632a9ebb9ab526.jpg

ec93f4ef54e06b566da62d63970b6042.jpg

This is the company car I was given for the new job but beggars can’t be choosers . This work horse has 131k on the clock and the inside stunk of fags.

Gave it the tjscarcare.co.uk treatment on the outside and then AF for the inside. Looks all good now.

What was funny yesterday I pulled up to a place in the Focus for work and there was a sales rep already there in a brand new Volvo and the shop owner didn’t invite him in. The shop owner has then looked at my car and I could tell he wasn’t impressed. Luckily after talking to him I managed to blag my way inside. Even he said why the hell did they give you this old thing . I like it tho as I’ve taken it to the shops today and not had to worry about dents like with the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Raiden said:

I like it tho as I’ve taken it to the shops today and not had to worry about dents like with the R.

That's the glass-half-full way to be happy - "if you can't be with the one you love , then love the one you're with...."  ;)  👍

36 minutes ago, delboy01 said:

A job I'd been putting off for a few years i finally let the professionals

take care of. A burst pipe had left this area looking pretty shabby so 

it was on the cards. Looking good for a six year old car.

EngineBayClean.thumb.jpg.6cc62a6dcda7ba6f2e26633e8e049ffc.jpg

Looks great!  😎  An often neglected area but the heart of the car so deserves some detailing love!  

Reminds me I must give mine the once over!  

Wow, that thread took some getting through, even though I may have jumped a few pages here and there 😆

I was looking for ideas regarding an interior cleaner, a kind of all in one product perhaps.

Ideally something to clean cloth seats with that can also be used on other surfaces.

I`d be grateful for some suggestions of the latest / best products.

So far I`ve come up with Autoglym Interior Shampoo, CarPro Interior or Gtecniq Tri. 

18 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Wow, that thread took some getting through, even though I may have jumped a few pages here and there 😆

I was looking for ideas regarding an interior cleaner, a kind of all in one product perhaps.

Ideally something to clean cloth seats with that can also be used on other surfaces.

I`d be grateful for some suggestions of the latest / best products.

So far I`ve come up with Autoglym Interior Shampoo, CarPro Interior or Gtecniq Tri. 

Gtechniq Tri-Clean is a reasonable choice as an all-in-one.  I’ve used it on mine, and whilst not my favourite interior cleaner/dressing, it does the job.  I found it good for anti-bacterial effect and basic cleansing, but find it a bit lacking in terms of ‘dressing’ trim compared to some other products.  But if you’re looking for a sort of do it all product then one to consider.