fz23

App Connect Activation released in Germany!

Just browsed the German VW accessories online shop and found this:

https://shops.volkswagen.com/de_DE/web/zubehoer/p/aktivierungsdokument-f%C3%BCr-app-connect-5g0054830a-10

The description basically says that it will unlock MirrorLink and App Connect for Apple Car Play and Android Auto. The only requirement will be an Apple-compatible USB interface (PR-Nr. I8E), which is optional in Germany but standard in the UK Rs if I am not mistaken.

This is definitely a new item as I have been checking the shop quite regularly for exactly this. Quite a good price too, given that afaik App Connect costs €205 as a factory option in Germany. The UK shop currently doesn't show this yet, but should only be a matter of weeks. Maybe I swing by a VW dealer back home in Germany over Xmas and treat myself  :smiley:

To all asking wether it can be fitted, I expect it will be for cars fitted with MIB2 only. In English, this is for cars built on or after build week 22 this year! And it shouldn't matter what spec of head unit you have.

:sad:  :cry:

I emailed VW customer services yesterday asking if and when it would be possible to retro fit/activate Car Net App and received a phone call 10 mins ago to be told that this option can only be ordered from the factory and is not available as a retro fit!!!

I emailed VW customer services yesterday asking if and when it would be possible to retro fit/activate Car Net App and received a phone call 10 mins ago to be told that this option can only be ordered from the factory and is not available as a retro fit!!!

Probably not been released through the rest of euro channels yet

Probably not been released through the rest of euro channels yet

Thing is, I've contacted VW Customer Services previously and was told that at the time of asking it wasn't available but to inquire nearer the end of the year! 

Obviously lines of communication and information not good in VW UK.

Not necessarily, like I said, it's probably not reached the UK yet.

If it's on the UK website, I'd understand your frustration, but if it's not, then I wouldn't expect them to know.  The customer service people are probably the last to know of any changes to be honest..