Monkeynuts1971

9. adam.

adam.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Golphin
      Hello. 

I'm currently running Revo Stage 1 with a panel filter (snow grate removed), turbo pipe and muffler delete. 

Is going to stage 2 worth it?  

Who here has been stage 1 then moved on to stage 2 with Revo with GPF?

Interested to hear the pro's and con's.
    • By purplepulser
      So I've just come back from MRC Banbury, after having the full intake hardware fit treatment, including muffler delete, along with their Custom Stage 1 ECU and TCU remap.
      I can safely say I'm so impressed with the results.

After intake stuff fitted

Car sitting waiting to go on the Dyno, it was a fantastic day weather wise. Clear blue skies and sunny, but cold. Good for intake temps.

Dyno Results
      Power wise, from stock run with intake hardware fitted, it made 323ps. 
      After the 2nd dyno run following the remap, it made 395ps.

Torque, from stock, it made 413.89Nm (305.27lb ft)
      After the 2nd dyno run following the remap it made 547.63Nm (403.91lb ft)

One the brakes side of things, I decided to assess the direct OEM replacement hooked discs all round, along with braided lines from HEL. Pads, I've gone with Ferodo DS3.12 for the front, and Ferodo DS2500 for the rears.
      Front 

Rear

I purchased this totally stock car back in Dec 2020, and although it was quick, I always felt it was holding back a lot. An example of this is that I could be on a dual carriageway doing 50mph for instance and floor it, and it would pick up speed ok (relatively speaking) but there didn't seem to be any urgency to it. I always got the impression it was constantly restricting the boost and fuel, deliberately limiting power, just to maintain its factory output figures. In stock form, most of its speed seems to be concentrated in bursts from standstill up to about 60mph. 
      I had some time to test the results on my 100 mile drive back home!

Now, its completely different. Everything about it is urgent. From standstill, not using launch control, it really punches in the power, and the DSG shifts are now more aggressive and quicker. I now get the sense of being pushed back in the seat while accelerating in every gear. The power delivery doesn't stop either, it just keeps going until it hits the rev limiter and then upshifts.  If I put it in manual mode, it is just that, and it wont upshift until I change and will bounce off the rev limiter.
      And then there is the noise. I can hear much more of the intake noises. Makes a massive difference. Oh and it pops and bangs a lot more in race mode!

I don't have a draggy, so I can't test its 0-60 times, but I imagine its going to be less than 4 seconds.

Looking forward to Mallory Park on Thursday.

What does everyone think? Any questions, let me know.
      As always, let me know of any further recommendations.

• By wolverine
      So, buy a car for driveability or for interior and looks...who wins?  Thoughts?

• By DadRacer
      *** UPDATE ***

Advert will be closed for offers on Sunday 24th January 11:59pm 2021.  --------------------   I have owned and LOVED this car for about 6 months.  It's in Immaculate condition inside and out and evidently cared for. I've recently turned 40 so naturally, I'm looking for something more sporty, less doors, bigger engine, yadda yadda.   About 4 months ago, it had; + Revo Stage 1 GPF Remap + Revo Carbon Air Intake (Full Kit) + Revo (Alcon) Big Brake System + Finished off with the unmistakable Akrapovich Titanium Exhaust System. This was acquired brand new at the time, so only 4 months old. Full ceramic 2yr paint coating 3 months ago. MIchellin Pilot Sport only a few hundred miles on them.  
      12,000 miles covered. Full VW Service History. Had new spark plugs and oil change with the remap at Votex, Cheshire. Having oil change and Haldex oil change next week.  
      Really reluctant to part with but will await the right buyer. Never dyno'd, never tracked. Absolutely cherished.   As this is an ad in a forum, you'll already know all about this car. You'll already know that a Revo Stage 1 will extract the best out of the EA888 engine safely.   You'll also be able to work out how much has been spent on Revo Hardware to complement the remap and know that the Akrapovich Titanium Exhaust is rarer than rocking horse poop.   No optional extras, but as you will know, they have a lot of kit as standard.   I have all the original parts that the Revo ones replaced as well as the original Exhaust.   NOTE I've been asked many times if I'd sell the Akrapovich separately. Reluctantly, I would, but it think it would be a tragedy as this is a rare setup and would devalue the car. Open to offers, maybe even a part-ex up to the value of £7k