Sign in to follow this  
Rowan83

New Lapiz Blue R Owner

Hey everyone,

Well I got my Lapiz Blue Golf R delivered today to my work by transporter, spec is a basic manual 5 door. It's a one year lease so didn't bother with any extras.

First impressions; the Lapiz blue looks even more stunning in the flesh, build quality is excellent, love the blue interior lighting and the exhaust note/ soundaktor. The ride is unbelievable, so smooth and comfortable for a hot hatch, handles like a dream too :)

Not so good things; the car was meant to be delivered on Friday but the dealer noticed some damage on the front bumper so it had to go in the bodyshop... To say I was unhappy was an understatement. The dealer also managed to complete the V5 with the wrong surname on! As a way of saying sorry they delivered the car for free and gave me a full tank of fuel.

On arrival I checked the car over, no dents or scratches but the front of the car was covered in polishing dust and holograms... Good job I am a detailer!

One other thing I noticed; on a couple of the alloys there seems to be tiny chips where the aluminium meets the black coloured area, it's hard to explain so I will try and get some photos... I did inform the delivery driver of this so hoping they will sort it out but not counting on it.

What I am mega happy with though is my insurance price, I have Admiral multi car and manged to insure the Golf R for £220, fully comp with £150 excess.

Pictures to follow soon :)

Welcome Rowan!

Mine arrived yesterday as well... Sounds the same spec apart from mine is DSG. You're going to love it... I've only had it a few hours and I can't stop driving it.

Get over to the detailing thread and let's see how the pros do it.

Hey everyone,

Well I got my Lapiz Blue Golf R delivered today to my work by transporter, spec is a basic manual 5 door. It's a one year lease so didn't bother with any extras.

First impressions; the Lapiz blue looks even more stunning in the flesh, build quality is excellent, love the blue interior lighting and the exhaust note/ soundaktor. The ride is unbelievable, so smooth and comfortable for a hot hatch, handles like a dream too :)

Not so good things; the car was meant to be delivered on Friday but the dealer noticed some damage on the front bumper so it had to go in the bodyshop... To say I was unhappy was an understatement. The dealer also managed to complete the V5 with the wrong surname on! As a way of saying sorry they delivered the car for free and gave me a full tank of fuel.

On arrival I checked the car over, no dents or scratches but the front of the car was covered in polishing dust and holograms... Good job I am a detailer!

One other thing I noticed; on a couple of the alloys there seems to be tiny chips where the aluminium meets the black coloured area, it's hard to explain so I will try and get some photos... I did inform the delivery driver of this so hoping they will sort it out but not counting on it.

What I am mega happy with though is my insurance price, I have Admiral multi car and manged to insure the Golf R for £220, fully comp with £150 excess.

Pictures to follow soon :)

Welcome Rowan. 

Sorry to hear you've had a few teething issues, hopefully sorted now or soon will be. Anyway hope you can put that behind you and really enjoy what is a great car.  :cool:

Look forward to seeing the pics.  And as Jono says, come over to the detailing section and share your expertise with us amateurs.  :)

Welcome to the Club Rowan. Cheapest insurance Ive seen quoted on here (Q the cheap claims)

Glad you like the car- a year only, you wont understand half the buttons and nobs by then

Lol, true!

Must admit the menu system doesn't seem as fluid as BMW Media but I still like it. I was expecting the screen to look rubbish as its the standard one but its fine.

One thing I noticed is that there were no media cables in the car, wasn't sure if it's all wireless now?

Lol, true!

Must admit the menu system doesn't seem as fluid as BMW Media but I still like it. I was expecting the screen to look rubbish as its the standard one but its fine.

One thing I noticed is that there were no media cables in the car, wasn't sure if it's all wireless now?

Menus can seem a bit daunting at first, but give it a couple weeks messing about and you'll soon have them sussed. They don't supply media cables now, or at least that's the case with the Pro Nav - it's a USB port and you have to use your own cable, not sure if it's the same with the other media options though.

Lol, true!

That's one thing I dont worry about. USBs and SD cards

A button for radio 2 and that's about it for me. Still haven't sussed the steering wheel volume controls yet- using the good old fashioned knob on the fascia :-)

Yes- screen isn't too bad.

:welcome:  The cars are not delivered with a media cable any more. I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. The dealer didn't even know if it should have a cable or not, the parts guy had to look it up for me.  If you have Car-Net App-Connect you need to use the cable supplied with your phone. 

Well, left work at 5:40pm and been driving the car all night..... It's freakin amazing!! I had a BMW M135i last year and the Golf R blows it away IMO... The Golf seems quicker, it's weird. The handling, ride and acceleration is perfection.