dazie00

Oettinger spoiler photo thread

24 minutes ago, E-V-A-N-S said:

You paid £2k for a spolier?! 

boot spoiler £390

Side skirts £490

Front spolier £690

Splitter £ 165 plus spraying and fitting , 

Actually the prices are in euros but about the same, ETTO!!

http://www.oettinger.com/en/produkte/katalog/volkswagen/golf-7/karosserie/

Just now, dazie00 said:

boot spoiler £400

Side skirts £400

Front spolier £690

Splitter £ 165 plus spraying and fitting , 

You obviously haven't read the previous few posts before mine then. If you did, then you'd know what I'm on about. 

5 minutes ago, E-V-A-N-S said:

You obviously haven't read the previous few posts before mine then. If you did, then you'd know what I'm on about. 

Those are the prices on the oettinger website and that 2k quote must have been for the whole kit plus possibly a rear diffuser .

1 hour ago, E-V-A-N-S said:

It's always funny when the newbies treat the veterans like they don't have a clue.

If you go back to P7 and read the few posts before yours, you'll see it was confirmed that the £2006 price was for the full body kit supplied, painted & fitted, not just a spoiler. Daz has the spoiler, skirts, front spoiler and splitter. There's also a rear diffuser which you can see here.

19 hours ago, ashleyman said:

It's always funny when the newbies treat the veterans like they don't have a clue.

If you go back to P7 and read the few posts before yours, you'll see it was confirmed that the £2006 price was for the full body kit supplied, painted & fitted, not just a spoiler. Daz has the spoiler, skirts, front spoiler and splitter. There's also a rear diffuser which you can see here.

I wasn't treating him like he had no clue at all. Although I agree, reading it back it looks like I was having a dig and being a bit arsey, I actually wasn't. So I apologize for that, it came across differently as I meant it.

But I must also be missing something then, because there are 2 prices on page 7, one quoting £2006 for just the spoiler and then another for £5225 which is the full kit?

I actually think it looks really good but if the above prices are correct then that is ridiculous.

2 hours ago, E-V-A-N-S said:

I wasn't treating him like he had no clue at all. Although I agree, reading it back it looks like I was having a dig and being a bit arsey, I actually wasn't. So I apologize for that, it came across differently as I meant it.

But I must also be missing something then, because there are 2 prices on page 7, one quoting £2006 for just the spoiler and then another for £5225 which is the full kit?

I actually think it looks really good but if the above prices are correct then that is ridiculous.

Apology accepted, no worries, do wonder if that £5225 include the Akrapovic exhaust system?????

1 hour ago, dazie00 said:

Apology accepted, no worries, do wonder if that £5225 include the Akrapovic exhaust system?????

It would sound more fitting if that does include the exhaust.

EVANS , it was myself that got the quotes from Vw last week .. I doesn't fill you with confidence, that they miss spell and want 5k at the same time..
I do think it's a but on the steep side .
I'll probably get the spoiler from Vw Crewe and the painted and fitted else where .