ColinC2's Reflex Silver Golf R

Today is D-day (Delivery Day)  minus 10... And saw the car for the first time. In the pouring rain (hence poor quality photos). Before PDI (hence the ride height). Looks gorgeous anyway.....

Managed to pair phone , make a call, stream some tunes. Apple Play not yet set up , neither is App Connect. Should be by the time the detail is being done next weekend when hope can do some more pictures inside the workshop. 

Again apologies for the poor quality pictures but not a great location and the car part under cover, part in the rain

IMG_0075_zpswon5ztav.jpg

IMG_0079_zpsu9ovjdc7.jpg

IMG_0074_zpscjrap8bz.jpg

IMG_0078_zpsa4qjixdv.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So... DDay Minus One. Car was detailed yesterday so a massive thanks to Jake @FCD ( http://www.firstchoicedetailing.co.uk/services/ ) I am really pleased with the results. Took a few pictures but the

Today is D-day (Delivery Day)  minus 10... And saw the car for the first time. In the pouring rain (hence poor quality photos). Before PDI (hence the ride height). Looks gorgeous anyway.....   Manag

Big detail before #inters (see Detailing section) then after 300 odd mile round trip and lots of rain a quick wash then a once over with Swissvax Lotospeed ...       

Posted Images

Today is D-day (Delivery Day)  minus 10... And saw the car for the first time. In the pouring rain (hence poor quality photos). Before PDI (hence the ride height). Looks gorgeous anyway.....

Managed to pair phone , make a call, stream some tunes. Apple Play not yet set up , neither is App Connect. Should be by the time the detail is being done next weekend when hope can do some more pictures inside the workshop. 

Again apologies for the poor quality pictures but not a great location and the car part under cover, part in the rain

IMG_0075_zpswon5ztav.jpg

IMG_0079_zpsu9ovjdc7.jpg

Beautiful  :cool:   Knew the RS - Prets combo would be a perfect partnership.  :afro:

Beautiful  :cool:   Knew the RS - Prets combo would be a perfect partnership.  :afro:

Thankyou Rebecca. You are right ! It might be "only a Golf" but more pleased than when i saw my last new car , a BMW 135i Sport , a little over 2 years ago. Funny that the colour that had originally 'bothered me' was LSG and just round the corner from where my car is parked is a 15 plate LSG on prets awaiting prep to sell and in the prevailing inclement weather it did not look as good as the RS (I got to stop using that ... RS is an Audi that i own for 10 more 10 days !!) Reflex Silver. 

Prets are lighter than I expected and thats good with the Silver. Mirrors are also lighter (than the paintwork) so still stand out. Black mirrors still an idea but then so are black wheels ....

dazie00 and FBF will be pleased to know that I phoned VWracing today to enquire on the Oettinger and there are still 2 in stock. In fact the only ones sold are to members of VWROC!! Have deferred order until post delivery as have a lot of outgoing funds flow this month.... At least I know what i have to pay delivered. And then £100-£200 to paint and fit... 

The spoiler on that silver car of yours will be stunning!!!! I generally think it will look the biz with spoiler and black/carbon mirrors. Unsure of the black prets though...they look so good as they are. Best alloy out there at the moment IMO

Keeping the lads over there busy. So tempted by some of the other goodies but must resist.

Awesome. I definitely think cadiz suit reflex much better though. Wish i chose RS.

Not a fan of cadiz personally. They are bit too bling for me... 

I hope not too many people choose Reflex Silver - its sort of an "exclusive" colour on here at least...  :afro:  (10% of the Lapis Blue number)

The spoiler on that silver car of yours will be stunning!!!! I generally think it will look the biz with spoiler and black/carbon mirrors. Unsure of the black prets though...they look so good as they are. Best alloy out there at the moment IMO

Keeping the lads over there busy. So tempted by some of the other goodies but must resist.

I wouldn't have black Prets  - I would have a different wheel choice in black as maybe a winter wheel and black mirror caps. 

Don't have the dollar for the spoiler yet and I did think that maybe when the clubsport is finally in production that the spoiler from that would look good...  :undecided: