OllieD

Ollies 6R No. 2

Hi Guys

Started a build thread back in April when I picked up my 2010 DSG 6R. Was an absolute minter and my pride and joy.

12186277_10205159100513132_5918870018804

12185353_10205159101193149_259919797771712185552_10205159102153173_6452527088948

Then this happened:

12309460_10205276568729764_1421986711_n_

38943215_01X_zpsum58gwln.jpg

38943215_03X_zpsvm45eunj.jpg38943215_04X_zpsu2cc7j7g.jpg38943215_05X_zpsgse1yvzy.jpg

Combination of terrible weather and fog, and not knowing the area. Following the sat-nav home down some unlit carriageway, locked up, aquaplaned, hit a curb. Driveshaft sheared out of the gearbox along with hub and wheel, and ended up in a tree. Happened late one evening, photos are from the salvage firm in daylight.

Gutted is an understatement. Fortunately, I had good insurance and took out VW Gap insurance, so I was refunded the invoice price. Phew.

Anyway, after a 400 mile round-trip, I picked up the replacement just after the new year. Will need to get some photos but the spec of the new one is as follows:

2012 (62) 3 Door Rising Blue

DSG

FVWSH

19" Tallies

F&R Parking Sensors

RNS510 w/ Bluetooth

Adaptive Chassis Control

Dynaudio
Recaro Half Leather Wingback Buckets (heated)

Convenience, Luxury & Winter pack

Electric folding mirrors

I'm pretty sure it has every option excluding reverse camera. Either way it's an extremely well specc'd car, was a VW Demo initially and I've worked it out the list price was in the region of 43k. :shocked:

It's slightly newer, less miles, just needs a bit of TLC on some of the trim pieces (I am extremely OCD). Will be getting that sorted in the next few months, first job is getting it serviced.

Photos to follow (when it stops peeing down and I can give it a wash!!)

Anyway, after a 400 mile round-trip, I picked up the replacement just after the new year. Will need to get some photos but the spec of the new one is as follows:

2012 (62) 3 Door Rising Blue
DSG
FVWSH
19" Tallies
F&R Parking Sensors
RNS510 w/ Bluetooth
Adaptive Chassis Control
Dynaudio
Recaro Half Leather Wingback Buckets (heated)
Convenience, Luxury & Winter pack
Electric folding mirrors

I'm pretty sure it has every option excluding reverse camera. Either way it's an extremely well specc'd car, was a VW Demo initially and I've worked it out the list price was in the region of 43k. :shocked:

I can believe that dude - awesome spec!! The spec of my 6R was very similar and that had a receipt of over £40k!

Wow, not good for the first one, I assume you were OK.

Get them pics of the new one up, sounds like a perfect spec

Yeah, was heart breaking. Luckily both me and my friend got out unharmed, achey neck for a day or two but that was it. The Golf is a very well built car and took the impact well.

Nice replacement! Shame about the first car but glad it all worked out in the end!

Thanks mate. I know I've landed with a better car, but it was a lot of hassle too! Feels good to be back though.

38943215_01X_zpsum58gwln.jpg

Looks like that'll buff out to me

I admire your optimism  :grin: Found your old 6R on Instagram the other day with it's new owner, what a car that is! Got your replacement yet?

Looking forward to seeing pics, love a blue 6r  :afro:

Get some up soon bud  :afro:

Nice spec, look forward to some pictures.

I can believe that dude - awesome spec!! The spec of my 6R was very similar and that had a receipt of over £40k!

Thanks both. After the accident I was depressed as I knew how hard the 6R was to find in a good spec. Wanted the blue again, had to be 3dr, had to be DSG. My last car was a great spec too and I didn't want to downgrade.

Thought I'd be trawling the web for months and months, but luckily Paddy_r reached out to me on email as he was thinking of selling up. A few weeks later and the deal was done!

I admire your optimism  :grin: Found your old 6R on Instagram the other day with it's new owner, what a car that is! Got your replacement yet?

The new owner seems to be enjoying himself mate, so I'm happy she's gone to a good home. I miss that car immensely! He gave it a very good detail which it was in desperate need of - almost looks factory new from the pics I've seen. He did a great job.

I collect my new car 1st Feb. Can't wait! All will be revealed then  :wink:

The new owner seems to be enjoying himself mate, so I'm happy she's gone to a good home. I miss that car immensely! He gave it a very good detail which it was in desperate need of - almost looks factory new from the pics I've seen. He did a great job.

I collect my new car 1st Feb. Can't wait! All will be revealed then  :wink:

Wots the guys insta ??

First day since owning the car where it hasn't rained! Took the opportunity to give the interior a good deep clean, dress the trims and plastics and steam the seats/mats.

The alcantara seat centres had gone flat in places with dirt build up/wear. A bit of TLC with the steamer and they're looking x100 better.

Didn't get many photos bar these

AAD8C88F-5387-48CE-9331-CF2EF0F171C4_zps

B3FB76EC-C453-42BF-9FF9-53116E6E213F_zps

B858DD7B-7871-4A90-BF51-8B8D011B9576_zps

F0CC2D2C-969B-482C-AD68-EFC92A6D3202_zps

Tomorrow... the exterior! (weather permitting)  :grin:

Well if you're going to do it then you might as well do it properly and you certainly managed that! On the bright side looks like your replacement is a proper gem! Looks good mate!

Well if you're going to do it then you might as well do it properly and you certainly managed that! On the bright side looks like your replacement is a proper gem! Looks good mate!

Cheers mate! Yes, it was one hell of a shunt. The replacement is a much better spec'd car, although needs a few bits sorting inside (cosmetically) and is due a service now. All in good time  :smiley:

The new car sounds great, and the interior pictures looking amazing. The Recaro's are stunning. Enjoy the new car  :afro:

Thanks bud, absolutely love the Recaros. Once I get in I find it hard to get out of them, especially when the backside warmers are on!

...in other news, my plans to wash it were rained off today  <_<