Booth11

The Cycling and Bike Chat Thread

Only just noticed this thread, also a long time cyclist, before taking early retirement in 2013, used to commute the 12 miles round trip every day in all weathers excluding ice/snow.....too many close calls in those conditions.

Down to just 2 bikes now, sold my pride and joy Carbon Colnago a couple of years ago, was always fretting when I had to attach it to something, when I had to have a bite to eat etc.....

Roadie is my well used/tried and tested Monoc, campy equipped, longest ride on this was Wolverhampton to Aberdyfi, prob 110 miles by the time I'd done. Offroad bike is Giant XTC, could really do with some lighter forks, but the Splice still hold up pretty well really for my capability. Might splash out on a better MTB at some point, my road bike days are done and dusted to be honest, the hate/spite out there for cyclists is unreal, had so many close encounters from deliberate acts to run me off the road, that one day they'll succeed.....don't need that in my life!

Couldn't agree more. I do a lot of mountain biking and can confidently say that road biking is much more dangerous. A friend once said, 'at least trees don't move', wise words! As a consequence of bad/hateful drivers I very rarely cycle on the road anymore. It's a sad state of affairs really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I would mention here that I just had a fantastic week around Kielder Forrest......roads are amazing for an R blast, and mountain bike trails in the Forrest are superb.  I rented an electric MTB for the first time....was not expecting to like it but wow.  Blasting up the tracks like a mini dirt bike, and them loving the descents.  Not as heavy as I expected, and was able to cover way more ground.  Worth a try!  Kielder Bike Place were excellent.

Come across this today, not read it all as not had time but on the face of it sounds interesting with regards to bike tyres
http://veloworld.pirelli.com/global/en-ww/unconditional-performance?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=en_201706_pzero_velo_lancio&utm_content=post_2017-06-14#

On 6/6/2017 at 08:16, SoggyBottomBoy said:

Couldn't agree more. I do a lot of mountain biking and can confidently say that road biking is much more dangerous. A friend once said, 'at least trees don't move', wise words! As a consequence of bad/hateful drivers I very rarely cycle on the road anymore. It's a sad state of affairs really.

Totally agree - I hate riding on the road, I know if I come off when I'm off road with my gear on, it's going to hurt, could even be broken bones - but some doddery old giffer pulling out and killing you through not paying attention - game over.

What age is that Guarini? Looks in great condition.

Yep it is. Recently serviced new tyres only been on the road once in 5 years or so I have it.

It's a bit weird but I am frightened to get out there.

Ride a 1000cc motorbike at speed but not a pushbike at any speed

Very strange

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm into my cycling too guys, used to race Downhill, too extreme for me now, so I just have a trail bike

Speshialized Enduro S Works custom build
IMG_8759.thumb.JPG.1416c7b8b11b5df8363c89a0329bd127.JPG

Lovely machine! I had a Stumpy Expert EVO before my current steed...absolutely loved it. Specialized make great bikes!

My retro Jekyll and recent t130 s,although I've got renthal 30mm carbon 780 bars,renthal stem and race face Chester pedals already for it😂Btw loving going tubeless and having a dropper post.

IMG_5636.JPG

IMG_5675.JPG

My retro Jekyll and recent t130 s,although I've got renthal 30mm carbon 780 bars,renthal stem and race face Chester pedals already for itBtw loving going tubeless and having a dropper post.

IMG_5636.thumb.JPG.04859ee42561252821a8f72504e7d510.JPG
IMG_5675.thumb.JPG.58d867d56d9731bcdb0b09fd75b60ffb.JPG

I love my t-130.
It gives so much confidence
d75fb193c51494f0b6378332dfdea66c.jpg

Alright guys, just joined the site and come across this thread. Great to see it in a car page tbh haha. Im into my Mountain biking, got into the sport after breaking my foot badly at football. I have a 2017 Santa Cruz Nomad CC, had quite a lot spent on her just like the car will once i get it 😂

A42D3771-BEB2-4402-A108-6C2265466E0E.thumb.jpeg.1c9d3f3052dd126c5eb471b4ccb2839f.jpeg