Our house was broken into as we were sleeping upstairs. Keys were taken for both my wife's Kia and my 1yr old Oryz White R!!! How I didn't wake up in time I'll never know - must have been tired.

I had gap insurance which is a relief but the whole thing has left me a little worried about replacing. My initial thought was - I hope it's not found and I'll get another one or maybe even an RS3. Now I think is that a good idea - maybe buy a slower less obvious vehicle.

Makes me mad that this sort of thing is making me question my love of performance vehicles!!!

As already said - hope you and your family are ok.

Makes me think what's best to do - leave cars keys downstairs on a table out of sight of Windows etc, but easy to find once in the house or hidden away and risk being woken up and confronting some nutter !

As already said - hope you and your family are ok.

Makes me think what's best to do - leave cars keys downstairs on a table out of sight of Windows etc, but easy to find once in the house or hidden away and risk being woken up and confronting some nutter !

agreed, easy to find I say, no car is worth being attacked by some nutter. A lump of mental is nothing compared to a life.

Very sorry to hear this.  You and your family must feel very shaken by it, hope you are all ok.  Thankfully you've got GAP.

I now leave my keys out of sight but not difficult to find.  Some disagree with this approach but you have to do what feels best and if they are determined to have the car, then I'd prefer them to come and go and leave family in peace.

It must be a real dilemma whether to replace with same model of car or go for a less desirable car.  On the one hand you don't want the scum to win and affect how you live your life and the nice things you worked hard for, but on the other hand it's whether it's worth the worry of another break-in!   Hope you make the decision that you feel most comfortable with.

Feel for you, head up and carry on and dont let it stop you having what you want - you will only regret it.

Review your security before purchasing another - police usually have a crime prevention team who will visit following something like this to advise if there is anything you can do to help prevent future attacks.  Good to get an outsiders view even though you might already have things pretty well covered.

Gutted for you mate but at least you and the family are ok and the car can be replaced as neg suggested review/beef up your security but don' let scum like this put you off owning something nice that you work hard for.

agreed, easy to find I say, no car is worth being attacked by some nutter. A lump of mental is nothing compared to a life.

"A lump of mental" :haha:

Surely that describes the thieves

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ellixtt
      Anyone know if this is a thing? Randomly came to mind.

Decoy key (same as fob) which when pressing unlock button activates car alarm.

I keep my keys in my bedroom and spare key is in another house, would be great to have one of these downstairs in open key box, just a thought anyway.

What are some of the security measures you have?
    • By forcedinduction
      Evening guys, 

Managed to avoid what could have been a nasty incident on the way home from a friend's house this evening. 

Driving through back road of Brentwood in Essex near the Weald if you know the area, another car comes flying up behind me flashing their lights and indicating to the left, to pull over, could tell it was another R by the U headlights in the mirror. 

Thought at first just some d**k wanting to race but flashing continues aggressively and the car is about 3 inches from my bumper, pull up at a red light at a crossroads the R has overtaken and attempted to pull in front. I open my window to remonstrate and there's 4 guys in there one in the front had a baseball cap on shouting to pull over , as the back doors open on the other R and two guys go to get out I boot it through the red light, he follows me through and we are now on country lanes doing silly speeds, I've managed to call the police in the meantime and he's overtaken me as I was dialling so I spun round and sped off again, he follows suit. 

Police tell me to stick to main roads so I head towards the A12 still driving at maximum speed, get to the motorway he's in in my mirrors but around 10 car lengths behind, I'm hitting speeds of 150+ on the A12 all the time on the phone to the police and manage to shake him. 

All in all not a nice experience, and this is the second one directly related to the car as someone tried breaking into my parents house around a year ago when I was parked there to go to the train station, luckily noone was in and I had the keys on me. Nothing else was taken and the CCTV showed people attempting the car doors. 

Car is leased and goes back in May after 3 years in my hands. I absolutely love the car and would be ordering another but unfortunately it is just not worth the aggro and will look to get something a little less desirable for scum. 

The other R was reflex silver and on a '14 plate, another of my friends saw it still driving around the Brentwood area around 30 mins later but didn't manage to get the full plate-no doubt the car is stolen anyway. 

Keep your wits about you, it is only through reading this forum that I am only too aware of the regularity of these types of incidents and am always alert to anyone following when driving and pulling up to my house. Being on my toes has avoided what could have been a very nasty incident. 

Stay safe ! 

• By Tal
      Hi All

Can you please keep a lookout for my WHITE FACELIFT 3 DOOR GOLF R its been stolen in the Greater Manchester area in the early hours of this morning.

Between 1am and 6am this morning.

Straight off the drive with no sign of a break in!!!!

Any help appreciated.

Please feel free to post on any social media platforms you may be on.

If anyone feels the need to PM me with any info please do so.

Could I request any moderator reading this to post across the board please, as some members may not come across this here.

Thank you.
    • By JeS10
      Unfortunately Jaguar-Land Rover beat me to it. My bright idea to integrate facial recognition into a car's security has been patented, damn! However, in my initial research (lasted 5 minutes) there's some incredible stuff out there including gait analysis, facial recognition, finger prints etc. I can't think of a better way of securing a car? Okay, it'd need a fail-safe which might be able to be exploited, but maybe security needs to be taken to this level?