Sign in to follow this  
Justice

How much to fill a tank and how far?!

£60 Shell V-Power (showing 0 miles) ~55 litres 

I always have an indicated range of ~360 Miles after every fill up.

Not sure on the genuine mileage as the computer lies about the figures. 

Cost depends on how much fuel is at the time but for a full tank along the lines you are describing I tend to put in around 50 litres.  So when i first got my car it was around £60 odd to fill up but at the moment it is coming in around £50 odd.

I am going to start cycling to work soon so instead of a full tank every ~10-15 days I recon I may be able to get away with a tank a month... 

Anything from 270 up to 330 miles to a fill up.  Costs between £50-57 ti fill depending if down south or up in the Midlands.

If I am at home and running around in the car then it is the lower end of the spectrum if I am commuting up to my office then I can get nearer 330.  I've covered 2600 miles in mine and it seems to be getting a little better as the miles increase.  Sitting at 80ish on the way home last week I averaged 32.6mpg over 16o miles.

J.

My problem is the fuel cost per litre.  I thought V Power was supposed to be 10p more, but my local on Kirkstall road in Leeds sells it up to 15p more.  With super unleaded how can you tell how much it is going to be until you actually pull up at the pump?

I know ... its a rip off sometimes for Vpower :banghead:

The best places in Leeds for superunleaded tend to be Shell on Regent Street in the city centre (£1.119 a few days ago),  or Tesco Momentum at Tesco Superstore, Seacroft (currently £1.059)