rbel5553

Locked out of my new keyless golf R

I changed mine via the options infomedia screen to only lock/unlock from the remote buttons on the key.

That's brilliant! So can turn off the insecure and possibly lockout keyless unlock/lock. :)

Good to know. Thanks for posting.

Whoops, spoke too soon, when washing the car it kept locking and moving the mirrors and then when i walked to the drivers side it unfolded the mirrors and unlocked.

Needs more checking and testing.

Whoops, spoke too soon, when washing the car it kept locking and moving the mirrors and then when i walked to the drivers side it unfolded the mirrors and unlocked.

Needs more checking and testing.

Ah, the car wash mirror dance, well known to the the detailing/car washing fraternity.  You only ever experience it the once though ;-)

Couldn't someone else have brought you the spare key?

I just had to smash the rear quarter light of my Golf. It took me 7/8 blows with a large hammer to break the window. Unbelievably tough. Reached in to get the tennis racquet out and thank God the fob WAS in there! What a pain. I wonder how much that will cost me .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you had to break the glass to get to the fob, I personally love Keyless, it was a must have on my options list, almost two years on and still love it, my advice is key fob in Jean pocket as already mentioned, have never left it in a bag, rucksack at all, must be on your person.

There is not a single thing I like about keyless, but many many things I loathe about it. This issue is yet another reason to hate it. If VW take the decision to go keyless only I will probably be looking for another car.

I bet the majority slating keyless haven't lived with it. It's a fantastic system and if you have kids it's just great.

I 2nd that quote it is a great system, blaming the keyless system because you left the fob in a rucksack..and as for the car getting nicked, come on lads, the majority of stolen R's have been because the keys were left in car, or the dreaded knock on the front door by a couple of gorillas asking for the keys and if challenged they will just take them anyway.

And I hope it be becomes a standard on all cars soon, technology don't you just love it

I bet the majority slating keyless haven't lived with it. It's a fantastic system and if you have kids it's just great.

I've had keyless for two years and my loathing of it grows daily. Some like it though, there's no denying it. Good luck to you, I'm never having it again.

I've also had keyless, again didn't get the fascination, wouldn't say it irritated me or helped in anyway though.

I also have a child so not sure how this helps? You need keys to lock the house door, press a button, doors open and get in the exact same way?

My issue with it is the security aspect. There are other ways yes, but why would you want an additional way of them stealing your car, and pay the privileged for it?

I have keyless and always use the fob unless I'm going to the boot. 

I like having the push to start button but even then the key is on it's own - not attached to my house keys so usually just sits in my pocket or I put it in the little section next to the cup holders. 

Never locked it in the car. But might try it later if I open the boot without touching the fob or handles, put the key in the boot and then shut the boot and see if it will open again with the key inside. 

I love keyless, and never use the fob.  It stays in my pocket or handbag.   Don't see the point in having keyless then using the fob all the time. 

As said earlier, almost all thefts documented on here have been carried out after gaining entry to the house to get the keys.  If they want your car, they'll try to get it regardless. If they can take it without breaking into the house and distressing the family, or worse, then that's not a bad thing.