Booth11

Facelift mention in VW Bulletin

Autoexpress suggest it has a new rear design but I can't see it personally. New front bumper and lights I can live without. Think I would rather have my £8k discount on mine!

Do you think I should order now for the best discount on the outgoing model or would it be best waiting until it's announced officially for the best discount? Really tempted to order...but don't know if I should wait. Im interested to see what interior revisions they do, I'm pondering tech pack but if the facelift is coming with the 8 inch screen I won't bother...

Autoexpress suggest it has a new rear design but I can't see it personally. New front bumper and lights I can live without. Think I would rather have my £8k discount on mine!

The shape of the rear lights on the tail gate portion are a different shape, they are squarer (i prefer the pre FL ones on the white hatch). Also the lower reflectors are just above the exhausts instead of on the outer edges of the car which seems to have the effect of making the rear look narrower. Not exactly a good thing when low and wide makes people think "sporty".

Can't pick anything out on the front. I had expected LED headlights but those still look like Xenons.

Decent bloody seats would be the only thing i'd be that interested in tbh.

8 grand discount?? What site? Is that an estate? Best I can get on a hatch is £28753 with tech pack and lapiz blue..

Nothing there that catches my eye...in fact I don't like the shape of the rear bumper. The only thing I do like the look of is indium grey, but it was always my prediction that VW would add a proper grey to the range mid Mk to make the spendthrifts amongst us 'need' to change sooner. Ah well, something else to lust after.

Might be just me, but I can't see any difference at the rear when comparing with other estate pics online? Hatch and estate seem to have a diff rear currently anyway?

current - http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/7/14//golf-r-fd-177.jpg

FL - http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2016/09/vw-golf-r-facelift-019.jpg?itok=4RgBpS4N

Might be just me, but I can't see any difference at the rear when comparing with other estate pics online? Hatch and estate seem to have a diff rear currently anyway?

current - http://cdn2.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/7/14//golf-r-fd-177.jpg

FL - http://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2016/09/vw-golf-r-facelift-019.jpg?itok=4RgBpS4N

I had another look and I think you're right....I think it's because it has the look of 'an artist's impression' about the photos. I reckon they've been heavily photoshopped.

Dont the build weeks for the usual annual minor tweaks normally kick in around now so if you ordered one in the next couple of weeks you'd end up with the favelift anyway, even though its a mid-life lift as opposed to an annual small tweak?

The shape of the rear lights on the tail gate portion are a different shape, they are squarer (i prefer the pre FL ones on the white hatch). Also the lower reflectors are just above the exhausts instead of on the outer edges of the car which seems to have the effect of making the rear look narrower. Not exactly a good thing when low and wide makes people think "sporty".

Can't pick anything out on the front. I had expected LED headlights but those still look like Xenons.

Decent bloody seats would be the only thing i'd be that interested in tbh.

Prefer the pre FL rear.  Don't like the new placement of the reflectors, makes the rear look too narrow as you say, a wide bum is something the current R hatch has going for it.  Also the reflectors, directly over the tailpipes, serve to punctuate the quad tailpipes drawing unnecessary attention to them.  Quad tailpipes overkill anyway (though an overkill I like) - no need to underline them (or overline them this case).  

Prefer the pre FL rear.  Don't like the new placement of the reflectors, makes the rear look too narrow as you say, a wide bum is something the current R hatch has going for it.  Also the reflectors, directly over the tailpipes, serve to punctuate the quad tailpipes drawing unnecessary attention to them.  Quad tailpipes overkill anyway (though an overkill I like) - no need to underline them (or overline them this case).  

I'm confused over this - both pre FL + FL estate have the reflectors in the same place and the (if it is) FL white hatch has the reflectors in the same place as pre FL?

I'm confused over this - both pre FL + FL estate have the reflectors in the same place and the (if it is) FL white hatch has the reflectors in the same place as pre FL?

I've got it totally wrong then.   :embarrassed:  Sorry for confusing you.  So what's the change on the hatch? 

I've got it totally wrong then.   :embarrassed:  Sorry for confusing you.  So what's the change on the hatch? 

I think the white hatch is a pre FL - also looks like the estate has a FL front end, with pre FL rear? (definitely looks like new lights though)