Sign in to follow this  
andy_r

ESC Button

So does this mean that ESC can be disabled via the MIB unit?

You learn something new every day.

Yes, as per the OP, but pressing a button on the console is much quicker, when the launch bug bites ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The dealer's ordered a new three button module for me so I'm hoping for a straightforward swap or swap and a code.

In the past, I've always enjoyed dropping off for the day in the hope I'd get a fancy courtesy car but when you're already in an R, I'm not sure they can really give me anything better?

#firstworldproblems

In the past, I've always enjoyed dropping off for the day in the hope I'd get a fancy courtesy car but when you're already in an R, I'm not sure they can really give me anything better?

#firstworldproblems

No they can't :-D. I quite like stepping into a 'lesser' car for a day or two, it makes you realise how good the R is, and temporarliy halts inevitable complacency, lol.  A couple of days is fine, but a couple of weeks in some courtesy cars feels like a lifetime, but does make you love the R even more!  The Micra I had for 2 weeks last month was a step too far.  :grin:

No, just the Parking sensor button on the right. See pic above:-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you have Park Assist, this is the middle right hand button. BUT, just noticed you can't have park assist on an R? Only GTI/D?

Does anyone know what the top right button is for/can be for? Its bugging me now  :grin:

Is Park Assist is when the car parks itself, and Park Pilot is just the sensor display?

So on my standard R with no options, I'll have Park Pilot, but not Park Assist?

Yes Park Assist will park itself. - I have it on my GTD but have never used it, because I can park myself :/

So yes, you will just have Park Pilot with the lower right hand button. 

So on my standard R with no options, I'll have Park Pilot, but not Park Assist?

No Park Assist on the R.  Momentarily last May (BW22), it was listed as an optional extra but that was an error (very un-VW-like ;-) and it quickly disappeared.   So Park Pilot only. 

No they can't :-D. I quite like stepping into a 'lesser' car for a day or two, it makes you realise how good the R is, and temporarliy halts inevitable complacency, lol.  A couple of days is fine, but a couple of weeks in some courtesy cars feels like a lifetime, but does make you love the R even more!  The Micra I had for 2 weeks last month was a step too far.  :grin:

Had a Fiat 500 as a hire car for a day and nearly caused a collision on a roundabout going for my normal gap allowance  :wink:

less than a month for me now, was quite relaxed about it arriving until October kicked in and now its so close just want it! 

Having seen LC mentioned a few times today, will fill some more time by having a little look into how to set it up 

Back to this thread, do find it quite mad they forgot the ESC button though,  :banghead:

Quick update, the car's in the dealer as we speak having the new 3 button module so fingers crossed it's all enabled and working when I collect it tonight...

In the meantime I'm pottering about in a 75bhp VW Up! (the exclamation mark is surely sarcastic).  It's (understandably) gutless but the 3cyl engine actually has a fantastic sound to it like an old school 911, and that's with the (presumably cheap and nasty) VW exhaust on it.  Makes me quite excited about future downsizing for cars as a 300bhp 3cyl hot hatch would be an absolute hoot and sound so much better than a 4cyl.