Guy Incognito

The Quick Question Topic - Part 2

1 hour ago, Swerve said:

A couple of quick questions can someone tell me what a GPF is please read about it all over the forum and I know it’s to do with the exhaust but what does it do? Is better with one or without and how can I tell if my car has one I have a 66 plate estate.

Second question do the estates have a flapper valve  exhaust system when I looked on line the system looks so different to the hatchback model? 
sorry if these are silly questions I just have not a clue lol 

cheers 

Very basically, the Gasoline Particulate Filter (...AKA Petrol PF) reduces the soot particles and harmful gasses emitted from the engine by catching them in a chamber in the exhaust system, similar to a Diesel PF. I’m not sure whether they need the same regen (burning off) as a Diesel or not though ...sure someone else can fill in the gaps, as that could/should make all the difference in your purchase.

Estates don’t have the valved exhaust! Sound is increased slightly when the engine is up to temperature and you select Race mode.

HTH. 

The GPF/PPF/ and even Otto Particulate filters are fitted to All R Golfs registered after March 2019.  There may be some earlier, but rare. 
The engine was detuned to 300Ps. Down from 310 Ps for the earlier Facelift R models, with the Full digital dash and 7sp DSG/ 6sp Manual.

Generally tuning / exhaust options are not so widely or readily available.  
Think if you have a 66 plate Mk7 R Wagon with Analogue dash (proper dials) then just about impossible (!) that you will have GPF exhaust system fitted. 
Generally the earlier 300Ps and 310 ps cars are easier to tune for higher outputs and performance than the GPF equipped versions.  HTH @Swerve

Servicing Question Please.

My R (much loved) will reach its Second birthday on 28.3.21.  I have a Service Plan in Place for the first 3 services with Pulman Vw Durham - supplying dealer, who I find very good.

Awkward question;

My First service was cancelled due to Lockdown last year. So it did not go ahead in March, and was not done until  24.8.20 at 4380 miles. 
The current mileage due to restrictions is only 5281, so by the end of this month not likely to be more than 5500 miles.  Less than 1200 miles since last serviced.

Do I get it done at the end of March  or leave it until August and then get the Third service & MOT done on or around the 28. March 2022.

The neatness of the Service History is at stake here 😂.  Does it matter?  Has OCD got the upper hand with me?  Views and opinions welcome please.

20 minutes ago, NRW said:

Servicing Question Please.

My R (much loved) will reach its Second birthday on 28.3.21.  I have a Service Plan in Place for the first 3 services with Pulman Vw Durham - supplying dealer, who I find very good.

Awkward question;

My First service was cancelled due to Lockdown last year. So it did not go ahead in March, and was not done until  24.8.20 at 4380 miles. 
The current mileage due to restrictions is only 5281, so by the end of this month not likely to be more than 5500 miles.  Less than 1200 miles since last serviced.

Do I get it done at the end of March  or leave it until August and then get the Third service & MOT done on or around the 28. March 2022.

The neatness of the Service History is at stake here 😂.  Does it matter?  Has OCD got the upper hand with me?  Views and opinions welcome please.

If it were me, I’d revert back to the original service schedule of end March and just swallow the fact that it’s barely moved since the last one.  😁

2 hours ago, Booth11 said:

If it were me, I’d revert back to the original service schedule of end March and just swallow the fact that it’s barely moved since the last one.  😁

Yes,  thank you.   I was  leaning that way 😀. I’ll get it booked in.