Taz23-R

Vibrating from drivers door with Dynaudio

Hi had my GR7 for 4 weeks now, not sure if something is up with the door speaker. When there is any base or when a male radio presenter is talking you get a vibration coming from the drivers door, the door pocket is empty so it's noting in there, I've turned the base and subwoofer down to 0 and you still get it. I never have the volume more than 25% as that's loud enough but what's the point in putting a top of the range speaker system in the car if the trim can't handle the power etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi had my GR7 for 4 weeks now, not sure if something is up with the door speaker. When there is any base or when a male radio presenter is talking you get a vibration coming from the drivers door, the door pocket is empty so it's noting in there, I've turned the base and subwoofer down to 0 and you still get it. I never have the volume more than 25% as that's loud enough but what's the point in putting a top of the range speaker system in the car if the trim can't handle the power etc.

Sounds like it's a trip to the dealer. (sorry for the pun)

I seem to get this on mine too (car is fitted with DynoAudio).

I'm abit cautious of letting the dealer rip of the door cards as they might make it worse?

Interested to see what happens here, as mine is due a service early next year.

I have the vibration when there is no sound coming through Dynaudio and the car is in race mode.  Also have what sounds like a creaking/knocking noise coming from the area around where the offside seatbelt housing is, and a vibrating noise which sounds like a thin bit of metal coming from under the passenger seat.  The car was booked in for last Monday, but upon hearing the noises, they want it for two days to investigate and strip a like for like R to spot any differences?  Had to rebook for late December due to the availability of replacement hire cars.

I get this vibration on mine through the passenger door.  If i pull on the door card nearest to the rear of the car it will stop.  Starboy is a good song to play to highlight the vibration and test.

I've just applied pressure to the arm rest on the door and it helped reduce the vibration. Try playing Michael Jackson Rock my World. Seems to be a good test for the vibration. Gonna test the passages side to see if that's vibrating to.

I also get this vibration every now and then. Seems like it's coming from speaker area in front of A pillar. Vibrates when no music playing generally at lower speeds. Only occasionally happens, a bit annoying but will keep an eye (or ear) on it and see if it gets worse or subsides. Could just be "new car settling in" pains!

I get this vibration on mine through the passenger door. If i pull on the door card nearest to the rear of the car it will stop. Starboy is a good song to play to highlight the vibration and test.

My cars been in for the vibration, it was a missing bolt from the window control module apparently so all should be sorted. It was coming from the area in this picture. dcf235942f9300eb7fbc2f36cfa35f41.jpg

My cars been in for the vibration, it was a missing bolt from the window control module apparently so all should be sorted. It was coming from the area in this picture. dcf235942f9300eb7fbc2f36cfa35f41.jpg

Great thanks.  Its booked in for a service on 10th March so will get them to take a look if they can.

Hi, how on earth did you or whoever discover that plse? I have a rattle and vibration around that area but on the passenger side, doing me swede in!![emoji30]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I get this vibration on mine through the passenger door.  If i pull on the door card nearest to the rear of the car it will stop.  Starboy is a good song to play to highlight the vibration and test.

Starboy is the perfect track for this :)

The latest Dynaudio is 10x better then it was on my 2014 Gti.  There was hardly any bass from speakers on that

Ian

My dynaudio rattles the A-post speaker grille but it's really hit or miss whether it rattles.  Doesn't seem to matter if I play music or if it's off.  I'm hoping I can wedge something in there as I don't want the A-pillar trim taken off by the stealers.