Pets and Petrolheads!

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is Maggie, our 2 year old black German Shepherd. she looks scary but honestly is so soft and sweet. Her favourite things are walks, and cuddles.   She's super protective (not in an a

Picked up this little biter last weekend     He is a Belgian Malinois called Bear (full KC name is Belsharose Against All Odds)   On trip back up from West Midlands 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, keano said:

Jasper is now 6 months old and weighs 12.4kg having been 3kg when we got him.

Started doing some retrieves with a dummy and he is holding it well for me - he loves the dummy and isn’t trying to chew it which is great.

Just recently started change of direction work as the foundation for quartering and as an intro to whistle. So far so good but very early days.

He is very friendly with everyone and very easily distracted by people/birds/flies - here is a great example as he was sat nicely for a pic then a bird flew by and caught his eye just at the wrong time emoji23.png

Still a pup tho so plenty of time to work on that emoji106.png

e0a37b7ce57b63f46e345f66d36719ec.jpg

That face says it all!  

1 hour ago, Djs2394 said:

Since I last posted in this thread we have had another arrival to join the family.. his name is Arnie, he's 8 months old and is almost bigger then Martha, although he is a skinny boy...

20210306_204959.jpg

20210102_164422.jpg

20210105_104428.jpg

20201203_214347.jpg

20210111_175830.jpg

Utterly Gorgeous felines 😻 

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2021 at 07:31, Booth11 said:

Looking forward to welcoming this lovely boy into our family in the next week (currently in rescue foster care).  Just had confirmation that we can adopt him.  🥳

He’s had a bit of a rough life so far, having lost an eye in a road accident when he was a kitten, he was then twice abandoned being behind by two different owners, and then he ran away from a violet household (owners ended up in prison).  A kind elderly couple have been feeding him for the last 3 years but unable to take him in fully, and got to the point they felt he needed a permanent home so called the local rescue centre.  And we are so happy to offer him one.  He’s about 5 or 6 and has a minor heart murmur but is otherwise in good health despite his unstable past.  Can’t wait to meet him and give him the home he deserves.

Bec, I'm sure you know how satisfying it is to adopt an animal in need.  He's a lucky boy!  A couple of weeks ago Blossom, the mama cat, managed to claw her way through a screened porch door while I was at work.  She disappeared for several days.  Turns out she remained close to home, but once spotted it took a couple of days to coax her back inside.  The door is now barricaded pending a more secure solution.  Fortunately her offspring (The Girls) remained in the house.  Blossom was once feral.  Apparently she hasn't gotten it out of her system, although I'm still on her "approved" list.  She continues to solicit and accept my attention.     

3 hours ago, Cogito said:

Bec, I'm sure you know how satisfying it is to adopt an animal in need.  He's a lucky boy!  A couple of weeks ago Blossom, the mama cat, managed to claw her way through a screened porch door while I was at work.  She disappeared for several days.  Turns out she remained close to home, but once spotted it took a couple of days to coax her back inside.  The door is now barricaded pending a more secure solution.  Fortunately her offspring (The Girls) remained in the house.  Blossom was once feral.  Apparently she hasn't gotten it out of her system, although I'm still on her "approved" list.  She continues to solicit and accept my attention.     

Hopefully that little breakout has got it out of her system now Pete and Blossom will settle for a pampered life indoors from hereon.   Good to hear that her daughters were not led astray by mum, what good girls.  

Just trying to come up with a name for our new boy as he doesn’t have a name.  Nelson has been mentioned a few times but my daughter wants to call him Rocket (after bounty hunting racoon in Avengers and because it kind of goes with our other cat who is called Apollo (already his given name).   We will wait to meet him before deciding.  

1 hour ago, Booth11 said:

Just trying to come up with a name for our new boy as he doesn’t have a name.  Nelson has been mentioned a few times but my daughter wants to call him Rocket (after bounty hunting racoon in Avengers and because it kind of goes with our other cat who is called Apollo (already his given name).   We will wait to meet him before deciding.  

Always a good idea to become acquainted  with your new pet before committing to a name, but no harm in developing a prospective list.  I did an Internet search of famous one-eyed celebrities, but not sure any of the names are suitable.  Didn't know they were partially sightless:  James Joyce, Peter Falk, Rex Harrison, Edgar Degas, Sammy Davis Jr (I knew about him - he nearly died in a '50s car accident).  Perhaps the best is Thom Yorke of Radiohead (Thom cat?).  If these are non-contenders, either Nelson or Rocket are fine choices, or something may come to mind after you complete the adoption.

Just showed these pics of Steve to the missus, she reminded me of when her sister took in a rescue cat, the poor thing was so timid playing like that didn't happen for months, looks like Steve has settled in nicely already 👍

17 minutes ago, SRW said:

Just showed these pics of Steve to the missus, she reminded me of when her sister took in a rescue cat, the poor thing was so timid playing like that didn't happen for months, looks like Steve has settled in nicely already 👍

He’s very chilled at times.....

9783-E34-A-137-A-4927-B379-653-F748366-A

CBC67-AEF-6-DC0-46-DA-A068-85-E88-D294-D

03-B61-B91-C748-445-F-AA91-284-C4677691-

.....but already wanting to break out of his confinement!  

Here are my two boys. Hudson on the left, Reiben on the right.

Both Bengals. Reiben should be a snow version of Hudson, but he has a rare 'charcoal' gene, so has a black face, feet and tail, not dissimilar to a Siamese. They both roam free and very much enjoy life.

1.thumb.jpg.97bdf7ec8f9fcb13d33edc9e5442b93d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.46d43adc0114d793856a642869982ba4.jpg 

We also have a rescue hedgehog that lives in our garden. His name is Percy and is unfortunately blind.

7 minutes ago, v7fmp said:

Here are my two boys. Hudson on the left, Reiben on the right.

Both Bengals. Reiben should be a snow version of Hudson, but he has a rare 'charcoal' gene, so has a black face, feet and tail, not dissimilar to a Siamese. They both roam free and very much enjoy life.

1.thumb.jpg.97bdf7ec8f9fcb13d33edc9e5442b93d.jpg2.thumb.jpg.46d43adc0114d793856a642869982ba4.jpg 

We also have a rescue hedgehog that lives in our garden. His name is Percy and is unfortunately blind.

Stunning felines!