Dealers to avoid or recommend

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ridgeway Oxford are excellent, especially the tech department, and they seem to hire their female staff in a similar manner to Ali G's immigration policy

Thanks, I've been a "stalker" over the past few months to be able to ensure I chose the right car as I had initially narrowed my search down to 3 different marquees (BMW m140, Audi S3 and the R). Onc

Always amazes me how some salespeople look down on you because they are in their shiny suit and you’re in scruffy jeans and an old rugby shirt.   Walked out of my local VW dealer when I want

Posted Images

After speaking with VW today positive the matter is now been dealt with. VW have raised a Complaint and will be talking to the dealer on the matters I've got concerns on. Its was stated by VW the service plan should be on the system to allow any dealer to carryout the services (no kidding ) everything will now go direct to VW to resolve the issues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well a positive for dealer I have been using -  Johnsons VW in Tamworth.

Sales, service and parts all damn decent. A hearty 6k discount plus 0% APR deal (Not really the dealer I know cos VW were doing that at the time).

Service good and car returned mark free, and the parts guys put up with my incessant purchasing of bits for Big Ron 👍🏼 at a good discount too.

Cheers

5 minutes ago, DustyBones said:

Well a positive for dealer I have been using -  Johnsons VW in Tamworth.

Sales, service and parts all damn decent. A hearty 6k discount plus 0% APR deal (Not really the dealer I know cos VW were doing that at the time).

Service good and car returned mark free, and the parts guys put up with my incessant purchasing of bits for Big Ron 👍🏼 at a good discount too.

Cheers

Lucky you. 

I found them shocking. Total disinterest when he learnt I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Not isolated either as this is 3 cars I've tried with. 

Unless you're paying RRP on PCP then I find they don't want to know. 

I know people who have had issues with servicing there too so you've done well! 

Heads up to TL Darby in Burton though who 2 years ago forgot to code my spare key when having my instrument cluster replaced.  Fast forward two years and I'm living in Cornwall and I paid £57 to Murrays in Plymouth and TL Darby promptly refunded me with no issues. 

No issues at Murrays either so far but it was only a key code!

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/07/2021 at 15:58, MK1GTI said:

Beadles Romford. Now I will name and shame

I've now had the R for 3 months now and still having issues with the dealer over the keys and Service Plan I bought.

I purchase the R in February 21 then got nothing from the dealer about updates unless I phone them. At the time of ordering request that the factory stickers are not removed or wash the R and not to screw the plates on. I followed the build from the factory onto the ship and delivered to the dealer at the end of April. I contacted the sales. I got informed by the sales person the car has landed and that it need paying for immediately as now with dealer, state I could pick up until May due to work, very rue reply I'll have to speak to the Manager but you've got pay for it by the end of April, 4 days later nothing so called into dealer to find the car had the factory covers and stickers removed. spoke to the manager due to the sales being in meetings, stated again number plate not to screw on, handing paper work need to register with my plate. Manager stated I was mis-inform about the payment it when you collect the vehicle. 

Delievery of vehicle.

Went to collect R to find it parked up with the used vehicles for sale the bonnet had scratches across the bonnet, number plates screw in, went inside the dealership at the appointed time, sales person I'm little busy now here's the keys have a look around and I'll come and see you. found no mats in the car

Went in to sign for car it was sign here and here enjoy bye, asked about the Key covers as I had the VW sign not the R cover got told that's what we got, asked about the service plan told to buy on line, Sorry I purchase at the time of sale, IT's on line now. wasn't shown how anything worked on the vehicle just felt like the keys had been thrown at me.   

update VW have contacted the dealer several times and getting excuse after excuse and it appears getting nowhere with the Manager and Brand Manager, I was informed they have until next week to reply. VW have also stated that the Area Manager will get involved   

• 1 month later...

Looking for a decent service centre in the Central belt of Scotland for when my Mk8 arrives.

Happy to travel ( within reason 😂) for somewhere recommended. 

This is my 1st VW, past few cars were all BMWs so knew the good & bad service centres. But now I'm pretty much clueless for my incoming car! 

Any recommendations appreciated 👍

On 08/10/2021 at 00:23, Artee said:

Looking for a decent service centre in the Central belt of Scotland for when my Mk8 arrives.

Happy to travel ( within reason 😂) for somewhere recommended. 

This is my 1st VW, past few cars were all BMWs so knew the good & bad service centres. But now I'm pretty much clueless for my incoming car! 

Any recommendations appreciated 👍

Hi Artee,

Just read your post. I see that Arnold Clark holds a VW franchise in Stirling, I trust you understand enough about them to give them a wide berth.  On the other hand I have dealt quite a bit with Cameron's of Perth who I can say quite truthfully were good, I never had any issues with them. Before I moved up to the NW Highlands I lived in FK for 17 years and only first and last visit to AC convinced me of what other owners told me. 

Mike

On 01/01/2021 at 10:35, GoldenGun said:

Does anyone have a dealer recommendation for servicing ?  My recently bought Golf 7 R is due for a service and just need to book in.  

I’m based near Epsom (Surrey) and drift bridge is my closest but happy to travel a bit further if there a recommended garage.  

Ideally I would also like the thermostat housing to be replaced before coolant starts leaking but I guess warranty only overs that after failure.   I will start a new thread also, but thought I’d post on here too. 

Hey, im local to the area also. From my many bad experience's I would steer clear of Driftbridge Epsom, customer service is not the best. From a good review on here I will be trying Lookers Wimbledon for my next service/work which is coming up shortly. Might be worth a shot if not too far for you also. Im sure you have probably made your choice by now (9 months later) or I hope you have hahaha, let us know where you went and feedback as would be interested as live in the same neck of the woods. 👍