george@BMS

Burger Tuning JB4 information thread

Sounds like a cop out to me. 

In the time you took to reply to my post you could have looked at the logs I emailed and sent over some adjustments if you felt inclined. 

I wasn't aware I had to buy new jb4 to get a map 6 and if its on the hundreds of pages you have accumulated on sites like this one and others promoting your products, it isn't obvious that you have to buy new to get an analysis of the logs for a tailored map either 

That’s a bit harsh imho. I’ve seen plenty of posts on different forums where it has been made clear that support is only provided for the original buyer.

Anyway I haven’t ran with a JB4 for a while but there used to be a great thread on the Golf US forum for setting up map 6 and I imagine it’s still going. In fact I think this is it https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26404&page=433. You can use Datazap to analyse your logs and upload to there for feedback. Not the same as going direct to George but there are some experienced users on there.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, R-Estate said:

That’s a bit harsh imho. I’ve seen plenty of posts on different forums where it has been made clear that support is only provided for the original buyer.

Anyway I haven’t ran with a JB4 for a while but there used to be a great thread on the Golf US forum for setting up map 6 and I imagine it’s still going. In fact I think this is it https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26404&page=433. You can use Datazap to analyse your logs and upload to there for feedback. Not the same as going direct to George but there are some experienced users on there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks R-Estate 

Very helpful 👍

Hi all,

Anyone using map3? Is it an off the shelf map? Just set and forget?

Only information I can find about it is

Map 3 is a map 2+ map with absolute values. Typically will boost 24psi with a taper to around 20.

Hey guys, recently installed a JB4 and can't help but notice that the unit gets incredibly hot ; I've placed it inbetween the air box and the battery, and, as an interim solution, I've put it inside of one half of an oven glove :) but is there a better solution to keep the temp down that somebody else has stumbled across?

Hey guys, recently installed a JB4 and can't help but notice that the unit gets incredibly hot ; I've placed it inbetween the air box and the battery, and, as an interim solution, I've put it inside of one half of an oven glove  but is there a better solution to keep the temp down that somebody else has stumbled across?

I never paid much attention to how hot it got but did fit it inside a heat resistant mat. Similar you would use for hair straighteners. Something like this - HEAT PROOF IRON/ STYLER MAT IV HAIR STRAIGHTENERS [Misc.] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005M91ZLC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2mIVCb7MDW071

Hi All,

So i wasn't sure if i should create a new post or just add to this.......Decided to add to this in the end.

Before i start just want to say a big thank you to @SpursMadDave who installed the system for me! all nice and neat and programmed . Also @JJB who guided me and answered my questions. Cheers Guys!.

So straight away i could see/feel a massive difference between stock and map2. This how the car should have been like and felt like when released. its a massive improvement. I switched back to stock mode on the weekend and it lasted 5 mins pulled over and put back into map 2.

The main reasons why i decided to go down the JB4 route was:

* Plug and play - not affecting the warranty (even though that would be ending soon)

* Switchable maps

* Adjustable Maps (as the mods grow)

* Assistance when needed

* Price

I can go on and on how great this bit of kit is but im sure most of you all know this.

So all in all very happy with this kit! If any one is in two minds to get this kit i recommend that you should! It really does transform the car. 

My car is stock at the moment but i plan to install/Do:

* TT pipe

* Panel Filter

* Map 6

Maybe downpipe/exhaust system

The only party trick that i missing out on this the pop/bang over run feature - I know most members are not a fan's of this but each to their own. 

Not sure how to end this but thank you and JB4 is the one!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
So i wasn't sure if i should create a new post or just add to this.......Decided to add to this in the end.

Before i start just want to say a big thank you to [mention=24525]SpursMadDave[/mention] who installed the system for me! all nice and neat and programmed . Also [mention=24964]JJB[/mention] who guided me and answered my questions. Cheers Guys!.

So straight away i could see/feel a massive difference between stock and map2. This how the car should have been like and felt like when released. its a massive improvement. I switched back to stock mode on the weekend and it lasted 5 mins pulled over and put back into map 2.
 The main reasons why i decided to go down the JB4 route was:
* Plug and play - not affecting the warranty (even though that would be ending soon)
* Switchable maps
* Adjustable Maps (as the mods grow)
* Assistance when needed
* Price

I can go on and on how great this bit of kit is but im sure most of you all know this.

So all in all very happy with this kit! If any one is in two minds to get this kit i recommend that you should! It really does transform the car. 

My car is stock at the moment but i plan to install/Do:

* TT pipe
* Panel Filter
* Map 6

Maybe downpipe/exhaust system

The only party trick that i missing out on this the pop/bang over run feature - I know most members are not a fan's of this but each to their own. 

Not sure how to end this but thank you and JB4 is the one!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are loving it Jas, I knew once I fitted it and we went for a little drive you wouldn't be leaving without it!

Agree it makes a massive difference and I would still have it fitted if my car wasn't already mapped.

Good luck with the map6, I never got round to doing that but I am sure with the mods you are planning that a map6 will just make it better still.

I know you have a res delete so have you tried race mode and sport mode? You should definitely be getting some nice overrun if you try that, I didnt realise that race mode made such a difference but it does seem to on earlier cars like yours and mine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As you know Dave i just got the car back so i haven't really had the chance to boot it around after you did the install it went to the garage couple of days later.

I have noticed louder dsg farts but i will be driving around this weekend lowering the helix and listening out for the over runs lol. 

Its funny you say that about Race mode - I thought race mode just changed the DCC settings and put the gearbox in S?. Is there anything else that it does?.

What i thought was if i leave it in normal mode and put the DSG in S - That is race mode except for the DCC settings? 

As you know Dave i just got the car back so i haven't really had the chance to boot it around after you did the install it went to the garage couple of days later.

I have noticed louder dsg farts but i will be driving around this weekend lowering the helix and listening out for the over runs lol. 

Its funny you say that about Race mode - I thought race mode just changed the DCC settings and put the gearbox in S?. Is there anything else that it does?.

What i thought was if i leave it in normal mode and put the DSG in S - That is race mode except for the DCC settings? 

Race mode seems to make a difference in my car with the Remus I'm sure. I used to always have it in Individual mode set up how I wanted but now I just leave it in Race permanently it sounds so good

Enjoy booting it around, I never do that at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@[email protected],

I just stumbled upon this replacement fuel controller that doesn't require ECU software upgrade.

Do you know if it has been tested with JB4?

Could it be the opener to go big turbo with JB4? :)

https://torqbyte.com/products/vag-pm4-high-power-fuel-pump-control-module?variant=12656570007605

Also I wonder if you have any plans in foreseeable future that allows usage of JB4 with sport cat downpipe and removed GPF:s on the 2019+ cars??

4 hours ago, S3 Turbo said:

@[email protected],

I just stumbled upon this replacement fuel controller that doesn't require ECU software upgrade.

Do you know if it has been tested with JB4?

Could it be the opener to go big turbo with JB4? :)

https://torqbyte.com/products/vag-pm4-high-power-fuel-pump-control-module?variant=12656570007605

Also I wonder if you have any plans in foreseeable future that allows usage of JB4 with sport cat downpipe and removed GPF:s on the 2019+ cars??

The PM4 allows for changes to the low fuel pressure pump providing more fuel supply to the high pressure fuel pump.

The issue with large turbo and JB4 is we do not have direct injector control and the range we can alter fueling is limited to the stock turbo power.

20 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The PM4 allows for changes to the low fuel pressure pump providing more fuel supply to the high pressure fuel pump.

The issue with large turbo and JB4 is we do not have direct injector control and the range we can alter fueling is limited to the stock turbo power.

I see, thanks for good explanation!

However guess you missed my second question about if there is any possibility ahead of being able to use JB4 together with downpipe and deleted GPF:s on 2019+ cars? 

Would be really sweet if doable somehow...

4 minutes ago, S3 Turbo said:

I see, thanks for good explanation!

However guess you missed my second question about if there is any possibility ahead of being able to use JB4 together with downpipe and deleted GPF:s on 2019+ cars? 

Would be really sweet if doable somehow...

It relative with how the system works and what the ECU does. Its hard to do emissions changes with the JB4.