Mark V

Security code for '17 Instruments'

Only two security numbers known for the instrument control module are 20103 and 25327. But if you have a MY15, or later vehicle, you may have problems getting access

Don

Mines an MY 2017 - but never had access issues before on this car or other newish ones. Really puzzled by this.....

I was using the VCDS Beta version but when i went to use it today it said it was superseded by the latest version so downloaded that. Hoping that was not a mistake now.

Mark: yes it does, where its required -not all adaptation channels need a security code when altering adaptation channels (Example --resetting the Service Interval Reminder channels in the instrument module can be done without a security code).

Unike VCDS -where the user must start again if he/she doesn't enter the security code first (before accessing the adaptation channel), the software in OBD11 allows the user to enter the security code at the end of the change process - which is real neat!

Don

On 07/01/2017 at 21:53, dv52 said:

Only two security numbers known for the instrument control module are 20103 and 25327. But if you have a MY15, or later vehicle, you may have problems getting access

Don

Hi All,

does anyone have any new codes to try here as neither work with my 2017 golf and I’d really like to change my dashboard illumination levels.

cheers

Lexxy

5 hours ago, dv52 said:

LexxyT:    try  47115  -   it should work

Don

Don, you are THE VW guru! Absolute legend. It worked a treat! If I ever get to Melb, I'm buying you your drinks at the pub!

Cheers mate!

Lex.