ASH7R

2017 R Lapiz Blue

Hi all,

I have owned my car about 3 weeks just I think! Absolutely loving it and it is really great to be part of the forum!

I'm sure ill end up doing a few changes to the car as I just can't help myself as the parts are far too readily available for me! Although it would be nice if the money was to.. ha. Cars totally standard.

Hi all,

I have owned my car about 3 weeks just I think! Absolutely loving it and it is really great to be part of the forum!

I'm sure ill end up doing a few changes to the car as I just can't help myself as the parts are far too readily available for me! Although it would be nice if the money was to.. ha. Cars totally standard at the moment but tempted to buy some springs and stick my Rotiforms on it.. Going to have a test fit next week hopefully!

Heres a few pics @ Mercedes Benz World - Weybridge

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

MK7R-1-Edited.jpg

MK7R-2-Edited.jpg

Looking good Ash, as your fairly local might have to drop by this thread and get your name down.

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/17289-south-east-england-meet-march-12/page-15

did you put springs and alloys on?

Nothing as yet.. but I've been looking into the springs though, happy that the VWR will be exactly what I'm looking for!

Got the wheels all cleaned up ready for the test fit but haven't done it just yet, will have some pics soon  :afro:

Heres a quick update from the weekend. I have fitted VWR racing lowering springs and 18” Rotiform VCE. Absolutely love the way the car sits now with the springs and still has a great ride as it did when on the stock springs..  :) 

Let me know your thoughts on the wheels.. as I've been told they are a bit marmite!!

VWR Racingline Performance parts all available from VDS 😎

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 24 44 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 25 25 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 52 25 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 10 12 41 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 12 03 24 pm.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 2 46 58 pm.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 2 44 16 pm.jpg

11.png

4 hours ago, ASH7R said:

Heres a quick update from the weekend. I have fitted VWR racing lowering springs and 18” Rotiform VCE. Absolutely love the way the car sits now with the springs and still has a great ride as it did when on the stock springs..  :) 

Let me know your thoughts on the wheels.. as I've been told they are a bit marmite!!

VWR Racingline Performance parts all available from VDS 1f60e.png

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 24 44 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 25 25 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 9 52 25 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 10 12 41 am.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 12 03 24 pm.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 2 46 58 pm.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 2 44 16 pm.jpg

11.png

Photo 15-07-2017, 4 37 44 pm.jpg

Photo 15-07-2017, 6 56 09 pm (1).jpg

I'm not 100% on the wheels. I need to see some better pics with some side shots.

I like the fact you have gone for something different and I used to love that style of wheel on the old R5 GTT and Clio 16V/Williams 👍

8 hours ago, ASH7R said:

VWR Racingline Performance parts all available from VDS 1f60e.png

Photo 15-07-2017, 4 37 44 pm.jpg

VW Crawley??

Not keen on the wheels TBH - they seem a bit old-fashioned and downmarket to my taste, as though the cars originally fitted with similar wheels weren't up much, so to speak. Sorry. OMMV of course.

10 hours ago, Stobsie said:

VW Crawley??

Haha yes it is.. Well spotted! 😜, I fancied having a look at a 7.5R. Was interested to see the changes compared to mine.

10 hours ago, Leo9 said:

Not keen on the wheels TBH - they seem a bit old-fashioned and downmarket to my taste, as though the cars originally fitted with similar wheels weren't up much, so to speak. Sorry. OMMV of course.

Thats a fair comment I'd say they do look like the old compomotive style race wheels! I think thats why I love them lol. Unsure if I'm going to keep them just yet as I've been tempted by the Revo wheels.. but don't really want 19". I've had the Rotiforms for awhile as they came off my MK5 GTI. I seem to have enjoyed the tyres on my Cadiz far too much and not a great fan of the Cadiz so seemed to kill two birds with one stone!

17 minutes ago, ASH7R said:

Thats a fair comment I'd say they do look like the old compomotive style race wheels! I think thats why I love them lol. Unsure if I'm going to keep them just yet as I've been tempted by the Revo wheels.. but don't really want 19". I've had the Rotiforms for awhile as they came off my MK5 GTI. I seem to have enjoyed the tyres on my Cadiz far too much and not a great fan of the Cadiz so seemed to kill two birds with one stone!

May sound strange so stick with me, but it's the chrome that's not working for the look IMO not the wheels the chrome leads to a classy look whereas the wheels are full on rally slag and the two don't mix. If you decide to keep them (which you should) I'd dechrome it and stick black mirrors on. :afro:

IMG_0140.PNG