ssben83

Oil Temperature

Good Afternoon All,

My Mk7 R recently had its second service including oil change service. Since new the oil temperature has always hovered around the 104°C mark going up to 105-106°C.

Since the oil change service it now hovers around 99-100°C, rarely goes above this.

Do you think they have changed to oil characteristics? Any other thoughts or feedback on what other peoples oil temperatures are?

Ben

Good Afternoon All,

My Mk7 R recently had its second service including oil change service. Since new the oil temperature has always hovered around the 104°C mark going up to 105-106°C.

Since the oil change service it now hovers around 99-100°C, rarely goes above this.

Do you think they have changed to oil characteristics? Any other thoughts or feedback on what other peoples oil temperatures are?

Ben

Only thing I can think of is that your new, pure oil has no contaminants in it which could either carry more heat than the oil or the new filter is clear so is letting more oil circulate and therefore run cooler.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mine is sitting around 98-104 these past few weeks under normal use. Giving it the beans i have seen it rise to 109, never higher. It is 3.5 months old with 2.5k on the clock running whatever oil it came from the factory with, never needed a top up so far.

Saying that, I plan on doing an oil change myself this coming weekend. I ordered some Castrol 5w-30 from Opie Oils and will be swinging by my local stealer to grab a filter and sump plug at some point this week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By mattipuh
      I have recently received such an bad customer experience from a online retailer so thought of sharing so that you could avoid the same.
      shop used: All Stars Motorsports
      site. http://www.all-stars-motorsport.com/

Purchased items
      TTE525 Wagner Tuning intercooler Kit Forge Motorsports Turbo blanket  
      Total cost 4393.70€
      Time when order placed & Paid 30.5.2018

Time when Order cancelled
      TTE525 1.6 as I got cold feet and cancelled the Turbo order as I thought the shipment was not yet processed.
      Wagner IC 2.6 as  it was informed that this would be in back order with maybe 60days of delivery time, no available items in stock.

Cancelled whole order and requested refund as company prompted as an option.
      Initially items were informed to be all ready for shipment so this change in availability was strange.
      Company indicated that they had already shipped the turbo so I should wait until they receive items back from cargo operator before they can refund order. I hadn’t received any shipping tracking code in first place so to me the items were never sent but agreed to wait anyways.
      Time passed, and no information or refund was given. I contacted them week later to ask for status - [email protected] email responded nothing - before they were communicating with less than 1 hr response time.
      I created Service requests on their site to check refund status - I got response that my order was processed for the refund, it would just take some time.
      Time passed, no info or refund.
      I contacted them on weekly basis both with email and calling their service center directly tel:+351251648217 - their service operator was nice and helpful but in practice she hasn't done anything to help me getting my refund back. they have promised to check what refund status has been and promised to call or email me back - this has been useless.
      All in all,
      if you plan to order something from all stars motorsports - never use wire transfer as you probably won’t get your money back if something happens.
      This has been my worst commerce experience within 10 years.

• By Lew
      I remember there was a good deal on Castrol edge in ASDA a few months ago. I'm needing some for a top up.
      Anyone spotted any good deals around?
      Cheers.
    • By Nosredna7r
      Hello,

I’m getting the “inspection due” message coming up, but just wanted to check what this involves as everywhere I’ve checked so far gives me a different answer!

My car is a 65 October reg Golf R, on long life regime. It had its first oil service over a year at 17k, I’ve since not done many miles and is now calling for an inspection at 22k. The computer is saying oil
      isnt due for another 11k or 1yr, and the inspection says 9k or 4 days.

Does anyone know what this “inspection” entails, and if they stamp the book when it’s done? Can I just reset the indicator myself as far as I can see the inspection is literally just a once over in everything and my car is fine so I grudge taking it to VW and pay someone to inspect it, especially if it doesn’t get a stamp in the book! What are the implications of missing this inspection and just going to VW for the next oil service? 

Any help much appreciated.

• By ellixtt
      My R has just had it’s 1st service in my ownership (bought 15MY with 20k mileage in August 2016) and I’ve had the dreaded call from the VW Technician that my rear brake pads and discs are 100% worn and need to be replaced, they quoted me £450 for the lot.

I am aware this comes down to wear and tear in the eyes of VW which is a complete con but surely this should be happening in 10 months of ownership? I am not an overly aggressive braker either 😩

(Picture taken from the video sent to me, apologise for the poor quality)

• By DCav
      Hi Guys, 
      I'm about to change the Haldex oil in my car- and I'm looking for the replacement fill/drain plugs and a few other bits. Most internet searches are coming up with US sites or ridiculous shipping charges. Can anyone recommend some place that's good for these kinds of items in the UK/Europe

1- Haldex fluid 850ml: G-060-175-A2 (x1)
      2- Drain plug: N-910-827-01 (x1)
      3- Fill Plug: N-902-818-02 (x1)
      4- Pump o-rings and bolts kit 0CQ-598-305 :

Thanks,
      Dan