StefanV

Which BBK fits under Pretoria without spacers

I'm about to get a Golf R so one of the questions is should I get the Pretoria wheels?

I love their looks but if I'll drop in a BBK and I'll end up replacing them with ultraleggeras or something aftermarket it doesn't makes sense to spend the extra money twice. Spacers I will not run.

So it all boils down to:

- Alcons

- VWR

- any other respectable bbk

bbks fitment behind them without spacers.

U will need 7mm with prets with vwr kit, I think they have got a new kit out now tho so can't comment on that. And not sure about Alcons. You might manage to get the rs3 4 pot brembos behind them with no spacers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why the objection to running spacers, matey? Have been considering fitting these myself for aesthetic purposes.

TXR

I have bad experience with spacers. First the guy that fulfilled my order got me by mistake a Golf4 platform parts. It's not a perfect match nor an obvious mismatch or it's not stamped with big letters "Golf 4 don't use in Golf 5" :) so I ran them for couple of months complaining all the time that something is wrong. Next I got the right ones. The fender rub party started. Did the fender screw mod on my mk5 Edition 30. Next winter came and surprise surprise the winter wheels didn't match the spacers. I got new winter tires for the summer alloys when I didn't plan.

So I had enough with spacers to promise my self that they are an unnecessary complicated solution when I can just get the right wheels.   

I ditched my prets And got the revo wheels clears the brakes easily, I would personally not get the prets and use the money for a set of aftermarket wheels that will clear your brake kit and will let you pick a nice set of your own I didn't plan on modding mine and a few things happened lol ooppppss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Grhlp
      So, as I have written on here before. My gearbox works fine but epc and engine light are on with fault code “Lost communication to TCM”. This is very unlikely an actual problem as the gearbox works perfectly fine. Anyways, could any of you recommend anyone who could code the gearbox in for me or Could any of you (living around the Manchester, West Yorkshire and South Yorkshire region) Code it in for me. If you know prices of anyone leave them on here. 

Thank you. 

• By Bilal
      Hey guys, completely new to this. 

I have a 2015 7R currently running a custom Racingline stage 1 map and a Res delete, I wanna go that extra bit louder with the decat now. 

Been scouring online for days about all this talk about stage 2 which I really don’t want, I’m happy with the power - I just want the noise. 

I spoke to my tuner who is urging me to get stage 2 for £500 and then intakes etc which I really don’t want, he isn’t really giving me the option to “alter” my current map to support the decat. 

What can I do to get around this? Are their any other reputable companies that could alter my map for a decent price? 

If not I’m looking into just getting a custom backbox delete to make things simpler, but I’m not 100% on the sound. Any recommendations/suggestions? Thank you!! 
    • By starrdogg
      I've have a (2012 Volkswagen Golf R 4 Cylinders F 2.0L MFI Turbo DOHC)(MK6 Golf R) that I've been having some serious clutch issues with. It's Stage 2+ with a turbo-back exhaust, upgraded Powercore intake, Haldex controller, and custom tune (350hp). With this much power, the original owner put in a FX400 8-puck ceramic clutch kit and lightweight flywheel (single mass).

I had the misfortune of the slave cylinder failing 7 months ago, which got fluid on the clutch disk and caused it to slip. After contacting CM and following their guidelines, the clutch was cleaned and the flywheel was resurfaced. I prayed this was the end of the clutch issues (since clutch slips in VWs are something way too common for me ) but a week ago I had a slip in 6th, then 5th, and finally 4th.

I've read online that the FX400 only lasts 20k miles on average. I daily my Golf R and seldom get the chance to track it. Though I'm sure this is one of the most common threads seen on this forum, I wanted to ask for suggestions on a new clutch kit and flywheel. I want to have something that's reliable and good for a daily driver while still being fun and performance-based. I'd say I'm on a tight budget, but I'm willing to put out the extra penny for something that is quality and won't fail.

Thanks for the help guys
    • By Bobby
      Hi, apologies if this has already been asked /answered, but i only just brought my first Golf and is my first attempt at a forum and couldn't find my specific question anywhere   

just brought a 2014 GTD / 5Door - question is, it has standard 18inch rims and im looking to get spacers fitted... (around £70 off ebay for 15mm front and 20mm back with bolts isnt too bad i thought)... But- would this cause any issues with standard suspension - dont want to disturb the ride height with springs etc. so would i be expecting any rubbing on the arches or anything ?? 
      Thanks   
    • By JoeB
      Hi there,

So I have a 2019 R which is ofcourse post GPF filter. I would like to modify the exhaust in any way to make is sound a little louder. I originally thought of a res delete but as far as I am aware the 2019+ models with the GPF filter do not have a resonator from factory. Am I right in saying this? Also if that is the case and there is no resonator to delete what are the other options to get a bit more sound? Or is the only option to get a new exhaust system fitted altogether. Thanks for any help,

Joe.