Scotty2hotty

Loba lo4xx turbo any good?

Has anyone had any experience with a loba lo4xx turbo or know much about them?

Are they a good turbo?

What power are they good for?

And are they a direct replacement for the ko4 or is there any additional hardware needed?

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Loba make good turbos from what I've seen and heard.

The LO4xx made very good power on Statller's Ed30, but requires WMI to get the most from it. It's a hybrid, should should be a straight fit.

If you're after 400+ then it might a decent option, if you want 450+ then I'd suggest looking at an externally gated turbo and a 'proper' Stage 3 kit.

Loba make good turbos from what I've seen and heard.

The LO4xx made very good power on Statller's Ed30, but requires WMI to get the most from it. It's a hybrid, should should be a straight fit.

If you're after 400+ then it might a decent option, if you want 450+ then I'd suggest looking at an externally gated turbo and a 'proper' Stage 3 kit.

I'd like to achieve 420-440 without having to change internals.

Would this be possible with the loba LO4xx?

I'd like to achieve 420-440 without having to change internals.

Would this be possible with the loba LO4xx?

I'm really not sure mate. I doubt it without meth. Like I say the Statller eddy made good power but I know of a Golf R that had it fitted briefly that did not. Steve knows that turbo very well, perhaps give him a shout.

You can go big turbo and retain stock internals. It's just a case of running moderate boost.

The CTS kit with a GTX3067 might be a good option, although most opt for the GTX3071.

Alternatively there's the TTE420 that should a reasonably simple installation.

TTE420 is a very popular option, it makes the power easily, and the graphs look very strong.

With 400bhp+ you need to upgrade the LPFP and you need RS4 fuel rail pressure valve, on top of usual stage 2+ hardware. Who is your tuner?  

I was initially thinking about the TTE 420 but i can't justify spending that kind of money at the minute, the reason I asked about the LOBA L04xx turbo is I seen one for sale and thought it may be a good alternative at a fraction of the price but it seems it's hardly worth it for the cost and what I "may" gain.

I already have the RS4 fuel pressure valve but I was told I would need the RS4 injectors too.

I use Ric at unicorn in Stockport.

What power is the GTX3067/3071 good for and what do they usually cost?

I was initially thinking about the TTE 420 but i can't justify spending that kind of money at the minute, the reason I asked about the LOBA L04xx turbo is I seen one for sale and thought it may be a good alternative at a fraction of the price but it seems it's hardly worth it for the cost and what I "may" gain.

I already have the RS4 fuel pressure valve but I was told I would need the RS4 injectors too.

I use Ric at unicorn in Stockport.

What power is the GTX3067/3071 good for and what do they usually cost?

The GTX turbos require a fitting kit and a downpipe. You'd be best off contacting someone like AKS or Statller for up to date prices.

The reason I ask about this turbo is I can get one at a decent price with an intercooler and a lpfp and I was told they can be good for 450 and 420 will be easily achievable.

I've been trying to get hold of Rick to pick his brain about it.

The reason I ask about this turbo is I can get one at a decent price with an intercooler and a lpfp and I was told they can be good for 450 and 420 will be easily achievable.

I've been trying to get hold of Rick to pick his brain about it.

Are you planning on running WMI?

I'd have a chat to Steve @ Statller mate before purchasing. He's actually installed one on a 6R.

Just spoke to statller and with the turbo and hardware I'm looking to run 420 is and will be achievable :) they said they have run a car upto 480 with the same turbo