• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got em on .....   Before -     After -         Drop is very subtle which is what I wanted for ground clearance but it may stil

Eibach pro's  for me to.   Have to say loving them so far with just a subtle drop to compliment the spacers.

Don’t like to double post as already added to my build thread but think these pics show the drop better as parked in exactly the same place on flat ground .....   Before :- After

Posted Images

1 hour ago, collisster said:

Cheers! my recommendations for brands? Don't want to add a load of weight either...

M

Ives used loads of different makes of spacers over the years and never had any issues at all. 

I got some H&R ones from AKS this time . Very helpful on the phone and also bought the required longer bolts from them . 

with regards weight ….. I know what everyone says about unsprung  weight blah blah blah . In the real world adding the weight of spacers isn’t going to make one bit of difference. I do find it quite funny that people try to buy light weight stuff for the Golf R’s . These cars are absolutely fatties . If you want light weight and ultimate driving feedback it’s just the wrong car 

BB88CD6B-3D45-4A83-9EDC-894CA186F8E9.png

• 4 months later...

Anyone got any feedback on how your stock dampers are fairing? I'm planning to give Eibach Pro kits a go from trying out H&R and reverting back to stock because they were too hard. Does the Eibach also suffer from the bouncy ride?

On 30/07/2022 at 10:04, Spades said:

Anyone got any feedback on how your stock dampers are fairing? I'm planning to give Eibach Pro kits a go from trying out H&R and reverting back to stock because they were too hard. Does the Eibach also suffer from the bouncy ride?

I can’t see the dampers having any issues at all with the eibach 15mm drop . The ride quality on the eibachs is in my opinion very good , at a guess 10% stiffer than standard. 

I have a set in a box that have only covered 1k miles … I have promised them to someone but not heard from him . 

On 30/07/2022 at 10:04, Spades said:

I too am wondering how the ride is. Im about to go to Eibachs but main concern is the ride quality as I do daily my R. Ive read a few posts in the past on this forum about how everyone reccommends them, so must be good, i hope...

2 hours ago, Jase said:

I too am wondering how the ride is. Im about to go to Eibachs but main concern is the ride quality as I do daily my R. Ive read a few posts in the past on this forum about how everyone reccommends them, so must be good, i hope...

well I’ve had them and they are indeed good 👍🏼

I previously owned an Audi A3 8P 'S-Line' - anybody who owned one would tell you about how hard the S-Line suspension was on them cars (even harder than the S3 suspension, it was similar to running your car on the lowest coilover setting).

It was very common for S-Line owners to swap the springs only to the Eibach versions to improve the ride with little to no effect on handling. I have used Eibach springs in other VAG cars and have never regretted it. The only downside is as mentioned, to your wallet. 

Upon further digging, there seems to be Linear and Progressive versions of the spring.

Has everyone installed the Linear ones and if so, why not the Progressive ones? I assume that OEM is linear and pairing another linear springs with stock dampers would be better? 

5 hours ago, Spades said:

Upon further digging, there seems to be Linear and Progressive versions of the spring.

Has everyone installed the Linear ones and if so, why not the Progressive ones? I assume that OEM is linear and pairing another linear springs with stock dampers would be better? 

got a set here that have only  covered 1k miles . £100 . 

not sure about your question but they were fantastic on my car for the money 

C2E3ECA4-D8F3-4B35-BB01-C8253C93BCE3.jpeg