Update

Just been on their website and sent a message, they are away 

**Please be aware we will be closed from 9am Thursday 1st November until 9am, Monday 12th November** 

On 09/11/2018 at 13:07, Sabz said:

Update

Just been on their website and sent a message, they are away 

**Please be aware we will be closed from 9am Thursday 1st November until 9am, Monday 12th November** 

Hows it been so far with the AWG? Did you manage to get a discount?

On 27/04/2017 at 21:59, Russellj said:

I've just purchased a Netatmo Presence exterior security camera & light. Not cheap @ £250 but gets good reviews on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LY7NQ8D

Can't comment on video quality etc as it's not yet installed, but seems to meet my needs on paper. I had a few requirements:

1) From reading a bunch of different reviews I'd decided that interior cameras trying to film through a window from inside would be blinded by the reflection of their own LEDs, so useless for night time recording.

2) I didn't want the hassle and eco damage of a battery powered camera

3) I didn't want to pay a monthly/ annual subscription fee (which could be changed at any time)

Hope that helps someone :smiley:

On 28/04/2017 at 11:09, MrT said:

I have 3 Netgear Arlo wireless cctv cameras. 

Brilliant piece of kit, used for about 18 months now. Batteries last approx 6 months. HD, night vision, motion sensors, notifications etc. 

Really easy to install, and no cables. 

I then have them linked to my Hue lights, (using IFTTT) both inside and outside. During certain times of day/night certain lights switch on (some change colour) 

All very easy to setup and use, can start small and add onto system. 

Hi gents,

I am looking at getting some wireless cameras set up. How secure are the mounts? ie. could the camera be removed and stolen. 

I like the idea of having a camera which is disguised as a light however, I don’t know how this would work as I there is no existing light fitting there. 

I’ve also heard strong reviews about ring doorbell 2. 

The ideal camera for me would fit under a porch looking out in the driveway, night vision, remote access on phone, motion sensors.

Any recommendations based on the experience you have had with your current cameras, are you happy with the product and is there any others you’d be looking at if you were to buy now?

thanks 

On 10/12/2018 at 15:40, MMCW said:

Hows it been so far with the AWG? Did you manage to get a discount?

Hi

No group discount, had a good chat but not gone ahead with it yet, but will be once my funds recover

-S

Hi gents,

I am looking at getting some wireless cameras set up. How secure are the mounts? ie. could the camera be removed and stolen. 

I like the idea of having a camera which is disguised as a light however, I don’t know how this would work as I there is no existing light fitting there. 

I’ve also heard strong reviews about ring doorbell 2. 

The ideal camera for me would fit under a porch looking out in the driveway, night vision, remote access on phone, motion sensors.

Any recommendations based on the experience you have had with your current cameras, are you happy with the product and is there any others you’d be looking at if you were to buy now?

thanks 

I have had the ring floodlight Camera installed for about a month now. It’s great. Good night vision (colour) and you can set zones on there too for it to monitor. Easy peasy to install and set up.
Stores footage online, app tells you when it’s been set off and you can remotely turn the floodlights on and/or speak to whoever it is outside via the app.
I would recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the more i read the more convinced i am to get the ghost fitted

No brainer mate. If you want to keep the R get it installed.

29 minutes ago, JaseW said:

I have had the ring floodlight Camera installed for about a month now. It’s great. Good night vision (colour) and you can set zones on there too for it to monitor. Easy peasy to install and set up.
Stores footage online, app tells you when it’s been set off and you can remotely turn the floodlights on and/or speak to whoever it is outside via the app.
I would recommend it.

Thanks for the reply Jason, good to hear you are getting on well with it. My only gripe is the monthly payment you have to pay to store any footage with all Ring products. However, I've not found an alternative yet so still on the lookout for any good deals.

Does it ever cut out or is the connection with WiFi good?

Thanks for the reply Jason, good to hear you are getting on well with it. My only gripe is the monthly payment you have to pay to store any footage with all Ring products. However, I've not found an alternative yet so still on the lookout for any good deals.

Does it ever cut out or is the connection with WiFi good?

I just paid the £25 (on offer at mo down from £30) upfront. Only have the one ring device and not planning on having any more so the single device cost is fine.

We are on virgin 100mbps, router is one end of the house and the camera is the other, had zero drop out issues and every time it has been triggered I have a notification on the app, wherever I have been, in the house, in town, at work.... etc. And if iv spoken to someone - either my wife to take the piss or the make the neighbours wonder who is talking to them haha - it has been a decent two way conversation.

I have simply ran a power lead from the unit into the house and fitted a normal household 3 pin plug on it, then I can remove it easily enough if I need to.

3 minutes ago, JaseW said:

I just paid the £25 (on offer at mo down from £30) upfront. Only have the one ring device and not planning on having any more so the single device cost is fine.

We are on virgin 100mbps, router is one end of the house and the camera is the other, had zero drop out issues and every time it has been triggered I have a notification on the app, wherever I have been, in the house, in town, at work.... etc. And if iv spoken to someone - either my wife to take the piss or the make the neighbours wonder who is talking to them haha - it has been a decent two way conversation.

I have simply ran a power lead from the unit into the house and fitted a normal household 3 pin plug on it, then I can remove it easily enough if I need to.

Thank you for the comprehensive review! It is very ideal but £25 a year is the only thing holding me back as I'm intending on keeping it long term so it all adds up. However, if i can't find anything else as good or better for a similar price then I'll probably go for this one! 

Attempted break in at our house 2 nights ago. The scum x 3 attempted to smash front door lock and handle at 3am, presumably to get at my R.

Anti-snap lock held out (just) and prevented entry to the house. Now seriously considering a Ghost, as well as other home security measures.

Thank you for the comprehensive review! It is very ideal but £25 a year is the only thing holding me back as I'm intending on keeping it long term so it all adds up. However, if i can't find anything else as good or better for a similar price then I'll probably go for this one! 

It’s £25 per year

7p per day
1 family take away
Cinema for 2

Hardly breaks the bank

I have a Hive outdoor camera which records to the cloud, no separate SD card required. Free basic package stores the videos for 24 hours, the paid service goes back 30 days I believe.

You can also download the recordings to your phone should you require a permanent copy.

Attempted break in at our house 2 nights ago. The scum x 3 attempted to smash front door lock and handle at 3am, presumably to get at my R.
Anti-snap lock held out (just) and prevented entry to the house. Now seriously considering a Ghost, as well as other home security measures.

Scum bags.

I’ve said many times on here, AWG was the only thing which stopped 4 balaclava clad scum f****** taking my car (and I have a relatively secure house). House security is important but there are always way to break in.

On 11/01/2019 at 13:32, slider09 said:

It’s £25 per year

7p per day
1 family take away
Cinema for 2

Hardly breaks the bank emoji2.png

Over the course of a longer period that’s a lot more. I’d better off having a higher initial cost on a better CCTV system than paying £25 a year just to be able to save recordings.